Home Brew Rig - 20 Gallon BRUTUS 10 - Temp Controlled

dcbc

20 Gallon BRUTUS 10 Style, 3 Vessel, temperature controlled, direct-fired natural gas RIMS system.  Includes a 20 gallon boil kettle with whirlpool arm, 20 gallon MLT, and a 15 gallon HLT, two stand mounted Blichmann Tower of Power controllers for MLT and HLT, a high output march pump controlled with a stand mounted switch, and a B3 convoluted counterflow chiller. I recently upgraded the valves so there is no need to swap hoses during transfers. I use it as a batch sparge system, but it could be upgraded for fly sparging with the addition of another pump. The stand is professionally welded 2" box steel. The burners are 20 tip natural gas wok burners (can be converted to propane by changing out the brass tips). The stand was designed so that it could handle kettles twice the size. I’m guessing it could handle more than that. It is extremely robust and well built. It has been used and stored in my garage under a dust cover. Only imperfections are a small dent in the HLT, a few spots that need to be sanded and painted (I have used high temp paint on the stand), and the external thermometer on the boil kettle does not work (I may have a replacement lying around).

Very important.  No HDMI ports, but does have two ethernet ports.

$2,500 for Surly Horns members. All reasonable offers considered. Sold AS IS where it is (75703). Will donate 10% of the sale price toward Bob's legal bills.  Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for looking.

5DBKVVF.jpg

oStf7Gd.jpg

Pz7xdLz.jpg

Edited by dcbc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Parting it out.  Blichmann controllers are gone.  Kettles, march pump, chiller, stand, and burners are available. 

Also have a barley mill with a 110 rpm GE gear motor wired to a switch and a 15 gallon corny keg I've used as a fermenter.

Edited by dcbc

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2018 at 8:28 PM, dcbc said:

Parting it out.  Blichmann controllers are gone.  Kettles, march pump, chiller, stand, and burners are available. 

Also have a barley mill with a 110 rpm GE gear motor wired to a switch and a 15 gallon corny keg I've used as a fermenter.

Just sold it on the craiglist to some dude from S. Louisiana.  Everything's gone except the 15 gallon corny keg.