2018 Golf Thread of Dominance

Hookem2102

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The Chrisser said:

Anyone with local knowledge of Fort Myers golf? Taking a trip at the end of February with a group and looking to play some nice courses. Seems that many of the better rated courses are private. (also posted on the travel topics)

There are several nice resort courses in Naples, which isn't far.

Anyone with local knowledge of Fort Myers golf? Taking a trip at the end of February with a group and looking to play some nice courses. Seems that many of the better rated courses are private. (also posted on the travel topics)

You really want to play Steamsong, about 90 minutes away. Red may be my favorite course I’ve ever played, and blue isn’t far behind.

I think Streamsong might be a little farther away than 90 minutes but if you can fit it into your trip you should try.

It’s actually just a little over 90 minutes.

Just checked. I was thinking it was farther north, more between Tampa and Orlando but it’s actually a little south east.

If you have the time for a side trip I would highly recommend you go.[mention=215]longhornanth[/mention] and@capnamerca have both been and loved it.

• Like 1

Lulz, never saw this old video before

It’s not a two stroke penalty if you whiff when trying to hit the ball when there’s something called the “full practice swing”

https://youtu.be/7y3E1NaB5n0

Bad lie? Use the pummel not the waggle and the downward press. Never hit your ball out of a bad lie Billy, let the club do it for you. It’s all part of the “pre shot preparation”

Trip to Scottsdale was a failure.  We got there and it was 30-50 degrees each day.  Frost delays, only got 27 holes in all weekend.  Was able to get 18 in on Saturday in KC so I'm at 4.5 rounds this winter with a trip to florida scheduled for february.  Going to hit that no problem.

My big issue is going to be hitting 10,000 balls.  I'm way off my pace as I was barely able to get after it in December.  Going to have to pick it up.  I'm on pace for 5000 right now.  I do have to replace the balls I have already (Pro Vs) because they are starting to dust off into my grooves, especially on wedges.

Finally, I went to a place called Club Champion to get my old man fitted for wedges after xmas.  I'm going to get the full bag changed out after seeing what they do and comparing it to how I bought my clubs.  Pro day specials are attractive but you probably don't get the best club for your need when the guy fitting you is decked out in Ping garb.

First round of the year this past Saturday.  Last year my index ranged from 10.5 to a 12.  I shot 100 on Saturday.  Worst round in over a year.  Some times you just can't find your swing and you can't read a green.  I could shoot an 80 this weekend.  Crazy game.

I got fitted through the bag at champions, I’ll post my results soon.

Posted in the 2019 thread but Champions has 50% off fittings if you get it done by the end of January. I’m likely going to get something scheduled this evening.

18 hours ago, HouTex said:

First round of the year this past Saturday.  Last year my index ranged from 10.5 to a 12.  I shot 100 on Saturday.  Worst round in over a year.  Some times you just can't find your swing and you can't read a green.  I could shoot an 80 this weekend.  Crazy game.

I haven't been getting below 98 for a while now.  I went out saturday and shot a 95 and wasn't putting for shit.  I missed the following:

7 footer for birdie

6 footer for bogey

7 footer for par

5 footer for par

10 footer for par

10 footer for birdie

6 footer for birdie

5 footer for par

When you realize that pros make something like 90% of their puts under 8 feet then I could have been in the 89-91 range.  I used to be lights out under 6 feet but have been a little lost in the woods for about a year and a half when it comes to the green reading and stroke.  I got a putting mirror and am thinking about doing an aimpoint class to try and get it back.

Also, you can see by what I am putting for that there is no way my index should be 19.1.  I just am so damn inconsistent that I will have 4-5 pars in a round with 4 doubles and 4 triples.

• Like 1