Post Amazon Prime Day deals here

Sbbruin

I've gotten some good deals in the past.  This is where your Wish List on Amazon comes in handy.  I put all sorts of stuff onto my wish list all the time like camping gear, future presents for my kids, etc.  I probably have a hundred things on my Wish List right now.  5-6 may get discounted greatly on Prime Day where I can pick them up for cheap.

41 minutes ago, txhorns said:

I've gotten some good deals in the past.  This is where your Wish List on Amazon comes in handy.  I put all sorts of stuff onto my wish list all the time like camping gear, future presents for my kids, etc.  I probably have a hundred things on my Wish List right now.  5-6 may get discounted greatly on Prime Day where I can pick them up for cheap.

This. 

Ill check in occasionally to to see if any of the crap I want is discounted

3 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

We have one of the dangly square things and it works well enough, although it is likely breeding a deep set hatred of Daniel Tiger.

When you feel so mad that you want to ROAR, take a deep breath and count to four!!

• Haha 1

Something to know about the Fire stick and tv is that you can't use them if you need to get around region or blackout restrictions.  They are android based and have a location services feature that can't be turned off.  I found this out when I was researching how to watch Astros' game on MLB.TV in Texas.

Edited by kevwun

the smart TVs are pretty good.

the great deal of the 50 inch toshiba fire tv at 289 sold out

but you can get a 32in roku  smart 4k tv for $130,

https://smile.amazon.com/TCL-40S305-40-Inch-1080p-Smart/dp/B01MU1GBLL/ref=gbps_img_m-3_781d_c620446e?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=124f0934-56fc-4b04-9aeb-f713b1d9781d&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=14611812011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=FF4QNR1YPYVX2T244KN1&th=1

the 40inch on the same link is $195

and the 49inch is $300.

its last years model, but those are reasonably low deals

and if anyone is a Garth brooks fan, they are giving away the "in pieces" album for free.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LX1NL4W?pf_rd_r=KHA1N204XMS2SX1VCB0Z&pf_rd_p=95cd7628-9db4-4cf4-89d1-7ab7bdc42938&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_t=Landing&pf_rd_i=&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-2#

you have to have it on the mobile app or laptop to "buy", but its $0 and it shows up in your list of song purchases

43 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

the smart TVs are pretty good.

the great deal of the 50 inch toshiba fire tv at 289 sold out

but you can get a 32in roku  smart 4k tv for $130,

https://smile.amazon.com/TCL-40S305-40-Inch-1080p-Smart/dp/B01MU1GBLL/ref=gbps_img_m-3_781d_c620446e?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=124f0934-56fc-4b04-9aeb-f713b1d9781d&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=14611812011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=FF4QNR1YPYVX2T244KN1&th=1

the 40inch on the same link is $195

and the 49inch is $300.

its last years model, but those are reasonably low deals

did you mean a different 32" tv, cuz that one is just 720p. 

if you have the amex 20% off using pay with points deal that's a damn good deal on the 40".  pretty much matches a target 1 day xmas sale from a couple years ago when i got mine.

Edited by elfenix

I really really really like my Essential PH-1 phone.

It has the minimalist, cleanest software I've ever seen.  It's actually stripped away some fluff from the stock android.

It's got a large screen-body ratio.  It had a notch before the iPhone did, and a tiny tiny notch at that.

It's also perfect sized (not a 6" phablet piece) and the build quality is rock solid.

250$ 

• 2 weeks later...

Weird amazon shit. 

When the tenant with a kid moved into the guesthouse, I put the removable mesh safety fencing around the pool.  A couple of sections of it look a little ratty, so I log into amazon, find it, and order 2 sections using prime. 

Today fedex rolls up and drops a box...smaller than I expected.  Only 1 section.  I had some shit going on, so before I could even check out my account, the mailman rolls up with the other section.  WTF?  Ordered quantity 2 in one order.