Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

• 5 months later...

https://slate.com/technology/2019/12/elon-musk-trial-pedo-guy-diver-lawsuit.html

Elon Musk Says “Pedo Guy” Was a Common Insult in His Youth. We Checked With His Schoolmates.

To check Musk’s claim that “pedo guy” was a term commonly used when he was growing up in South Africa, I got in touch with 17 people who attended Pretoria Boys High School in the 1980s at around the same time that Musk did. (Musk graduated from Pretoria Boys High School in 1988.) Of those 17 people, 13 of them said they did not remember the term. Three people said they’d heard “pedo” used in their youth, and one person remembered hearing various permutations of “pedo guy.”

• 1 year later...

It's crazy he could buy the King Ranch 100x over.  We could launch rockets with cattle on top.  

I'm guessing he's living out in the Hill Country somewhere with a helipad and access to an airstrip to get down to Cameron County easily.  

I don't care that there are 2 SpaceX Dragon capsules docked at the ISS right now or that SpaceX makes landing a orbital booster look routine or that Tesla has pulled the global Auto makers kicking and screaming into the electric vehicle world, for my money, Elon's unwillingness or inability  to light this Starship prototype while I have time to watch just show that Musk is a fraud.   

All I'm hearing is excuses:  Most advanced engines ever made, most complex 'belly flop' landing ever attempted, early prototype,  first tests, blah blah blah.  

Put up or shut up, bro.

image.png.c60689dd783b6972dfe681e37ce3514a.png 

T-63 minutes for this bad boy.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

I don't care that there are 2 SpaceX Dragon capsules docked at the ISS right now or that SpaceX makes landing a orbital booster look routine or that Tesla has pulled the global Auto makers kicking and screaming into the electric vehicle world, for my money, Elon's unwillingness or inability  to light this Starship prototype while I have time to watch just show that Musk is a fraud.   

All I'm hearing is excuses:  Most advanced engines ever made, most complex 'belly flop' landing ever attempted, early prototype,  first tests, blah blah blah.  

Put up or shut up, bro.

Went alright.  Dude's car got a little dinged up.

12 hours ago, MillerEP said:

He's a Texan now:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/08/elon-musk-confirms-he-moved-to-texas.html

Elon Musk confirms: ‘Yes, I have moved to Texas’

PUBLISHED TUE, DEC 8 20202:51 PM ESTUPDATED TUE, DEC 8 20208:30 PM EST

I don’t blame him.  No way I could live Kahl-ee-fornia.

Edited by Harrison Stafford

• 1 month later...
On 12/9/2020 at 3:39 PM, 0xdeadbeef said:

Put up or shut up, bro.

looks like something wile e coyote would design

• Hook 'Em 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I mean, we're done here, right? 

We are on an expressway to Bay Area 2.0. Ten years ago I would have thought that an exaggeration. Today, it's not.

Been meeting the other parents taking the kid to school. No one is from Texas. One lady was dressed in a sweater talking about how she is from New York and is trying to "will" it to be fall and wondering when it would come. It was about 60 degrees out. That's fall in Texas.

No one in this town seems to have roots here, even in the state. That just can't be healthy for a community to just turn into a bunch of strangers without any sort of shared connection, culture, or history. When you don't have roots, what's the incentive to make a place better? You can just up an move again when you don't like it.

• Hook 'Em 7

FirstimeCaller-------You would have really not liked the United States in 1789.  Talk about no roots.  

FWIW, I agree with you in part.  And on the other hand, I find a lot of Texans simply say, "I'm a native Texan so I've done my part."  Most of the people I serve with philanthropically, civically, in government/politics, business leadership, at UT/higher ed, mentoring, my church, and the two schools my daughters attend---I'd say most of them (~60%+) are not from Texas.  And we bust our ass every single week to leave this place better than we found it while the "I'm a 5th generation Texan" guy is sore from patting himself on the back.  We can all work together.  We need to all work together.  Either you leave things better than you found them as a matter of course, or you don't.  Has absolutely jackshit to do with "Common Culture" or whatever the fuck the tagline is this week to intimidate people who are different.

Edited by Lobo

^^ I agree. Most transplants I’ve met are happy to be here and enjoy Austin. They want to learn it and be a part. It’s a big destination city so there is no stopping it.

When I leave I hope wherever I go is as nice to me as I have been.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I mean, we're done here, right? 

We are on an expressway to Bay Area 2.0. Ten years ago I would have thought that an exaggeration. Today, it's not.

You are asking this question more than 10 years too late.

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

FirstimeCaller-------You would have really not liked the United States in 1789.  Talk about no roots.  

FWIW, I agree with you in part.  And on the other hand, I find a lot of Texans simply say, "I'm a native Texan so I've done my part."  Most of the people I serve with philanthropically, civically, in government/politics, business leadership, at UT/higher ed, mentoring, my church, and the two schools my daughters attend---I'd say most of them (~60%+) are not from Texas.  And we bust our ass every single week to leave this place better than we found it while the "I'm a 5th generation Texan" guy is sore from patting himself on the back.  We can all work together.  We need to all work together.  Either you leave things better than you found them as a matter of course, or you don't.  Has absolutely jackshit to do with "Common Culture" or whatever the fuck the tagline is this week to intimidate people who are different.

Whatever, Yankee.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

^^ I agree. Most transplants I’ve met are happy to be here and enjoy Austin. They want to learn it and be a part. It’s a big destination city so there is no stopping it.

When I leave I hope wherever I go is as nice to me as I have been.

Seems like most transplants want to change everything to how it was wherever they left. Fuck that noise.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I'm reminded of the King of the Hill episode where Hank finds out he was actually born in New York and tries to blow his brains out with a shotgun. I may have made that last bit up, but he was sad. However, he eventually realizes that many of the folks who died at the Alamo weren't native Texans either and that being a Texan is about more than just where you were born.

Just now, BabaYaga said:

Your ass.  

This is where you pulled this made up nonsense.  

Imagine being so ashamed of where you originated from that you feel the incessant need to continually make up imaginary reasons to run down people that are from the place that you have moved to. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

No one in this town seems to have roots here, even in the state. That just can't be healthy for a community to just turn into a bunch of strangers without any sort of shared connection, culture, or history. When you don't have roots, what's the incentive to make a place better? You can just up an move again when you don't like it.

This.  I'm tied here because of land.  I've lived on the East Coast.  Lived and worked in NY.  I came back to stay.  The family ranch is generational, and 100+ years old and where my kids have grown up hunting/fishing and learning to ride a horse, drive, and respect the land that they come from.  It ties them to a place and gives them a sense of who they are and where they come from.  Their cousins who still live out there.  Finding arrowheads of the first people who also lived and died there.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

I'm pretty sure the two things Lobo is most insecure about are where he was born and having never been raped in prison. He can change one of those if he wants.

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Your ass.  

This is where you pulled this made up nonsense. 

Some jokes just wrote themselves....

Wow, this got weird.  

I love most Texans.  I don’t mean to run down on anybody, just the stupid ones.  Thankfully they identify themselves really nicely.  

anyway, If they move the factories  here too…what percentage of those folks would have to relocate and what percentage would be replaced by retrained locals here?  I’m guessing a large portion have to come to oversee assembly line construction and train new workers but half can choose between staying in CA or going to Texas.  

10 minutes ago, Lobo said:

anyway, If they move the factories  here too

With all the major auto manufacturers moving massively into electric I'd say Teslas dominance is completely done.  Tesla was the only game in town for a decade which is why I assume people bought was is generally a boring and almost ugly car.  Have you seen some of the new cars from the majors who have massive economic advantages?   I wonder if Tesla might be better off off shoring manufacturing to lower the cost and help margins.   Or is their factory so automated that actual labor costs aren't really an issue?

Edited by midtown

9 minutes ago, midtown said:

Btw.  This shit has been happening in Dallas too and on a much larger scale.  Dallas is just so big already and has so many 500 HQ's that no really notices.

Frisco says hi......my hood is fucking transplant central.  My neighbor does love me as the backyard every weekend smells like post oak/lump charcoal and he gets all the leftovers.  

Their journey went from Rhode Island, to Austin, to here.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

This.  I'm tied here because of land.  I've lived on the East Coast.  Lived and worked in NY.  I came back to stay.  The family ranch is generational, and 100+ years old and where my kids have grown up hunting/fishing and learning to ride a horse, drive, and respect the land that they come from.  It ties them to a place and gives them a sense of who they are and where they come from.  Their cousins who still live out there.  Finding arrowheads of the first people who also lived and died there.

Gotta say I'm jealous. My mom and her brother sold their parents place outside of Brownwood when my grandma died back in the 1990s. It wasn't some big sprawling ranch, but it was a nice little 200-acre hay farm and ranch with a couple hundred head of cattle. West and north of the house were some woods, to the south was the main pasture, to the east was the hay field and just behind that was a wooded creek that my cousins, sister, and I swam around in (when it was full) in our summertime visits. I really didn't think much about that loss until having my own kid and knowing she was going to miss out on that growing up.

Glad that you appreciate your fortune and are sharing it with your kids.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

The new ones run like a scalded fucking ape.  JFC, they are fast.  Unnaturally fast.  It's wild

Has nothing to do with performance.  Any car with electric motors will have the same advantage.  I just said they are boring and ugly.  

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Wow, this got weird.  

I love most Texans.  I don’t mean to run down on anybody, just the stupid ones.  Thankfully they identify themselves really nicely.  

anyway, If they move the factories  here too…what percentage of those folks would have to relocate and what percentage would be replaced by retrained locals here?  I’m guessing a large portion have to come to oversee assembly line construction and train new workers but half can choose between staying in CA or going to Texas.  

10 minutes ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Judging from reports of his factory in California he might he better off starting from scratch.

What I read last night is that he plans to keep the plants in California and Nevada open - at least for now.

5 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Gotta say I'm jealous. My mom and her brother sold their parents place outside of Brownwood when my grandma died back in the 1990s. It wasn't some big sprawling ranch, but it was a nice little 200-acre hay farm and ranch with a couple hundred head of cattle. West and north of the house were some woods, to the south was the main pasture, to the east was the hay field and just behind that was a wooded creek that my cousins, sister, and I swam around in (when it was full) in our summertime visits. I really didn't think much about that loss until having my own kid and knowing she was going to miss out on that growing up.

Glad that you appreciate your fortune and are sharing it with your kids.

Brownwood is amazing and F anyone that shits on Underwoods.  We're near Coleman.  

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?