Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

3 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Two things come to mind. Sue for damages. Add it to the pile of potential evidence for his acting in bad faith when they sue him for specific performance and breach of contract.

But who gets to sue? And if that is Twitter, doesn't Musk eventually own Twitter in which case he would just be suing himself?

Just now, chainsaw said:

But who gets to sue? And if that is Twitter, doesn't Musk eventually own Twitter in which case he would just be suing himself?

He doesn't own twitter until or when he closes the dea,l or is forced to. So Twitter (a public company) would sue him before the deal closes. After the deal closes perhaps shareholders could sue him if there were damages worth suing for. But if he pays the amount he agreed to pay in the contract, I don't think there would be any damages.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

He is certainly causing damages to their stock value. Yes, twitter would sue, and if Musk ends up buying the company he could drop the suit. But of course, that would mean he most likely bought them at the agreed upon price, at which point Twitter has no beef with Musk. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

So we have the corrupt AG doing the bidding of the world's richest man who just moved to Texas and claims he is now Republican.

This state is just getting slimier and slimier. 

Why exactly do I live here again?

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

So we have the corrupt AG doing the bidding of the world's richest man who just moved to Texas and claims he is now Republican.

Yup. We're no different from the mafia states we pretend to look down upon

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

Two things come to mind. Sue for damages. Add it to the pile of potential evidence for his acting in bad faith when they sue him for specific performance and breach of contract.

Does Twitter want specific performance? Is that even an available remedy?

Isn't there a billion dollar liquidated damages clause?

32 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

The resident fiscal conservatives must be furious with Paxton!

• Haha 1

So many words to discuss this topic when all that’s really happening is loud mouth rich guy yells about something that supposedly isn’t right (that he has no evidence of) with the hope and belief that if he yells it loud enough and long enough he’ll get what he wants.

It’s chapter 1 in the loud mouth rich guy textbook.

Sure seems like there's nothing a great lawyer can do that can overcome when a bad client won't follow directions. Reminds me of all of Trump's antics. Elon doesn't want counsel. He wants enablers.

Edited by immamac
Vacation for CR
  • Like 1

Sure seems like there's nothing a great lawyer can do that can overcome when a bad client won't follow directions. Reminds me of all of Trump's antics. Elon doesn't want counsel. He wants enablers.

And if that goes bad you just buy the AG

4 minutes ago, Updawg said:

And if that goes bad you just buy the AG

Seems like that's just a smokescreen. From the sounds of it he waived the chance at doing due diligence so that he could go fast, fast, fast. I don't think lazy eye Ken can do anything to stop Twitter from collecting and raining hell if Elon breaches.

9 hours ago, chainsaw said:

Given what we know about Musk, that means he's the one who breached and is chickening out of the acquisition as many predicted.

Yeah, I've thought all along that his plan here was to have cover to sell billions in Tesla stock.  I don't think he ever intended to buy Twitter.

• Hook 'Em 2

Seems like that's just a smokescreen. From the sounds of it he waived the chance at doing due diligence so that he could go fast, fast, fast. I don't think lazy eye Ken can do anything to stop Twitter from collecting and raining hell if Elon breaches.

I’m sure that’s true. Ken will most likely make matters worse as well

20 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

A company can do whatever they want, and if Tesla feels that employees need to be in the office, so be it. Eventually they will lose and rehire people that are ok with that policy. Or train people to replace those that left. Or perhaps outsource work to companies that have their own policies.

But with that being said/written, it's a ridiculous argument from Elon that office workers need to be at the office since factory workers are required to be at the factory. At an agricultural company, should mgmt turn off the A/C or require office workers to work outside since the farm workers are outside? Employees have different hours, environments, etc. based on the needs of that dept.

In oil and gas lots of the field guys whined about office workers being able to WFH.  Considering field guys in my company get half a year off with their rotational assignments, I had to laugh.

21 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Considering field guys in my company get half a year off with their rotational assignments, I had to laugh.

They still driving from well to well and site to site in 3/4 ton diesels with extended tanks when they could be driving a Prius that gets 40-50mpg....;)

5 minutes ago, Chopper said:

It's gonna be very interesting to get off the production line head to head comparisons between cybertruck and the f150 lightning. Because all the truck guys I know are excited about the lightning and still think cybertruck is just a meme

14 minutes ago, Captainant said:

It's gonna be very interesting to get off the production line head to head comparisons between cybertruck and the f150 lightning. Because all the truck guys I know are excited about the lightning and still think cybertruck is just a meme

The cybrtruck is beyond fugly and doesn't appear close to what a truck driver would want. Compared to the lightning, it does look like a doorstop, as ford hinted when they announced the lightning.

“Our customers told us they want something modern and advanced but didn’t want their truck to look like a doorstop or a spaceship”, said Jasen Turnbull, Ford F-150 Lightning Marketing Manager. “We made sure that the F-150 Lightning stayed true to the Ford truck DNA.”

2022-Ford-F-150-Lightning-07A.jpg

Ford did a rather excellent job with the packaging of the new F-150 Lightning, allowing them to create the biggest ‘frunk’ in the market, offering 400 liters of volume and up to 400 lbs of payload. The power-operated “Mega-Power Frunk” offers dry storage space outside the cabin and features clever solutions like a removable floor mat, a false floor, various hooks, four electrical outlets and two USB ports, and even a drain plug for those who want to clean their muddy gear.

It'll probably be eons until the cybrrtruck is in production anyway given elawns track record.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Captainant said:

1. The Lightning seems like a home run. The more I hear about, the better it seems.

2. Cybertruck is a meme. Even if they make them, it's going to be like the Tesla "flamethrower."

3. Does it even have a bed?

4. How does it not blind other drivers with that sheet metal skin?

5. I'm sure the surface won't be able to fry an egg in the sun during the summer.

4 minutes ago, Chopper said:

It'll probably be eons until the cybrrtruck is in production anyway given elawns track record.

2 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

1. The Lightning seems like a home run. The more I hear about, the better it seems.

2. Cybertruck is a meme. Even if they make them, it's going to be like the Tesla "flamethrower."

3. Does it even have a bed?

4. How does it not blind other drivers with that sheet metal skin?

5. I'm sure the surface won't be able to fry an egg in the sun during the summer.

It's especially ridiculous to look at market capitalization considering what products each company is actually bringing to market, producing at scale, and actually delivering. TSLA has a market cap of $756.08 BILLION with $18.7B of revenue, while Ford has a $54B market cap with $34B of revenue. Yes yes yes there's a ton of different finance things that are different between the two, but I just can't wrap my head around TSLA being worth more than 10x a blueblood automaker when TSLA isn't even making that many cars

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

Elon is a shitty memelord

McAfee was an actual insane person.

Ok, so maybe it’s more a transformative process vs all at once.  In any case, I’m betting on Elon dying within 10 years trying to fuck a whale, and I don’t mean one of Vic Mackey’s girlfriends.

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

Not to mention that the Lightning has a big head start on the Cybertruck. Tesla still can’t nail down a firm date that the Cybertruck will roll off the production line. In the meantime, Ford is getting tremendous press on the Lightning. I think Ford is hitting their stride in the EV game by delivering a product that its customers want. 

3 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

They still driving from well to well and site to site in 3/4 ton diesels with extended tanks when they could be driving a Prius that gets 40-50mpg....;)

Can't mount flag poles to the back of a Prius to fly their LGB and Trump 2020 flags

• Rage+1 1

i seem to be missing something...why are people calling this a "truck?"

tesla-cybertruck-beta-leaked.jpg

this looks like a car designed by a kid in an elementary school geometry class who got their first ruler/protractor...with a lift kit.  how is it a truck?

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, sidis said:

i seem to be missing something...why are people calling this a "truck?"

tesla-cybertruck-beta-leaked.jpg

this looks like a car designed by a kid in an elementary school geometry class who got their first ruler/protractor...with a lift kit.  how is it a truck?

someone paid someone else a lot of money to "design" that. the designer had to be trolling his bosses and is laughing his ass off that they were stupid enough to go with it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

someone paid someone else a lot of money to "design" that. the designer had to be trolling his bosses and is laughing his ass off that they were stupid enough to go with it.

image.thumb.jpeg.ccfb730eb299204c54554e1bc1f5b786.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Drool 1

41 minutes ago, royiv said:

Not to mention that the Lightning has a big head start on the Cybertruck. Tesla still can’t nail down a firm date that the Cybertruck will roll off the production line. In the meantime, Ford is getting tremendous press on the Lightning. I think Ford is hitting their stride in the EV game by delivering a product that its customers want. 

Tesla = Apple. Soon enough Tesla cars will be the macbook/iPhone. There will still be loyalists and fanboys that will only buy Tesla products but all the legacy automakers are going to gobble up most of the market share ala Windows/Android once EVs become more mainstream. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

Tesla = Apple. Soon enough Tesla cars will be the macbook/iPhone. There will still be loyalists and fanboys that will only buy Tesla products but all the legacy automakers are going to gobble up most of the market share ala Windows/Android once EVs become more mainstream. 

Elon's making Tesla the Toby Keith of the Apple/Windows branding.

95% of truck owners would not want to own that.  Most truck owners are like 15 year old girls in terms of caring what others think of them. Even if a couple of them would want the Cyber truck, they would be too worried about what others think.

The design is a niche product. The key for Tesla is if they can modify the design in a more traditional body.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Captainant said:

It's especially ridiculous to look at market capitalization considering what products each company is actually bringing to market, producing at scale, and actually delivering. TSLA has a market cap of $756.08 BILLION with $18.7B of revenue, while Ford has a $54B market cap with $34B of revenue. Yes yes yes there's a ton of different finance things that are different between the two, but I just can't wrap my head around TSLA being worth more than 10x a blueblood automaker when TSLA isn't even making that many cars

Ford’s union pension liabilities maybe?  It has to be massive chunk of the balance sheet.

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?