Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

2 hours ago, MeerkatBong said:

I agree with everything you have said about Elon and especially what he's done the past...checks notes...2 weeks only? Sheesh.

But, if I were a betting man, I wouldn't count ole "Elmo" out. I think there are decent odds that somehow, someway, he bounces out of this mess to get back to even (or even growth/better). The guy seems to have sold his soul for the midas touch with this stuff.

But then again, it could be he finally flew too close to the sun on wings made of a blue bird logo.

I doubt he gets the taxpayer subsidies he’s needed in most of his other ventures. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

"FREE SPEECH ABSOLUTIST!"

About the only thing that Elon is maximizing at Twitter is hypocrisy.

This is regarded. Why wouldn’t people who talk shit about their boss get fired? Grow up. 

4 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

This is the kind of shit people say as a positive about people like Sam Bankman-Fried. It's the biggest possible clue that the person saying it is a bootlicking idiot whose recommendations will at the very least cost you money and in certain circumstances might lead you to prison.

Wtf are you talking about? I’m not saying it as a positive. Just stating facts. The guy is not ethical. 

• Fuck You 3

10 minutes ago, Humble Beast said:

This is regarded. Why wouldn’t people who talk shit about their boss get fired? Grow up.

If you're going to buy a business, you should understand the culture of said business, preferably beforehand. But, if not, then immediately upon taking control. If culture needs to shift then you take steps to change it. "Talk shit about their boss" is wide open to interpretation and arguably wrong. By all accounts Elmo only likes yes men. Twitter engineers don't have that type of culture. Well, they didn't until now. Should be obvious.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Bateshorn said:

He got margin called.  Dudes as rich as he is don't get margin called.  They just move the debt to somebody else who happily takes it. That tells you exactly what banks think about him.

Musk is a new version of pre-politics Trump. The Donald was not a real Big Apple property mogul but instead the avatar for same  — a name and image capable of reeling in gullible investors and customers. 

Musk is the nerdy high tech version, but he is rapidly and irrevocably immolating in a way Trump never did. And so there will be no coming back from this the way Trump managed to dig out of what seemed like his reputation’s tomb back around 1990. Once Elon is dunzo he will stay that way, and that day is coming soon. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

And in running a communication platform you just bought for $44 billion, which depends upon revenue that will ONLY be forthcoming if the platform retains reasonable content moderation (because Eli Lilly isn't going to put 8-9 figures of its ad spend on a platform that allows spoof accounts to trash the brand via indistinguishable impersonation, etc.).  Consistency.  Consequences.  Two of the many, many things that Elon is demonstrating that he doesn't get.

A single account with the $8 blue check that Elon was so hyped to promote  has literally cost Twitter millions from Eli Lilly, and most likely will result in a loss of hundreds of millions, if not billions, from advertisers and companies that don’t want to risk what Eli Lilly went through.

Consequences.

• Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Musk is a new version of pre-politics Trump. The Donald was not a real Big Apple property mogul but instead the avatar for same  — a name and image capable of reeling in gullible investors and customers. 

Musk is the nerdy high tech version, but he is rapidly and irrevocably immolating in a way Trump never did. And so there will be no coming back from this the way Trump managed to dig out of what seemed like his reputation’s tomb back around 1990. Once Elon is dunzo he will stay that way, and that day is coming soon. 

I'll say this....you starting this thread may well turn out to be the greatest intellectual triumph of your life.

And you ain't no dummy, you've been smart about at least another thing or two.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

A single account with the $8 blue check that Elon was so hyped to promote  has literally cost Twitter millions from Eli Lilly, and most likely will result in a loss of hundreds of millions, if not billions, from advertisers and companies that don’t want to risk what Eli Lilly went through.

Consequences.

"Collect $8 to lose millions/hundreds of millions" = "ZOMG Elon is a next-level genius playing 27-D chess, you guys just don't get how brilliant he is!"

His defenders would have been praising the Titanic as the best-designed, best-captained ship in history as they gurgled their last breath of ice-cold seawater and slipped beneath the waves.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Captainant said:

In our great state, we always pass the buck from the powerful site owner who's paying for everything down to the poor worker who's getting his wages stolen. It's that contractors fault for being willing to walk through water with live wires in it (to meet the production target set by the powerful site owner)! 

It's absolutely the responsibility of the site owner to keep the GC honest and not endanger his people. Because at the end of the day, it's your fucking site and you should take personal responsibility for the conditions of it. 

Yeah I don't know....  Not in Texas but when my company hires a contractor to build a new power line or substation it is understood and in the contract that the contractor is fully responsible for his workers' safety and safety (OSHA) compliance. If they violate safety standards it falls back on them. 

Are you saying that the property owner is responsible for safety compliance of contractors and their employees? 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, JMFP said:

Yeah I don't know....  Not in Texas but when my company hires a contractor to build a new power line or substation it is understood and in the contract that the contractor is fully responsible for his workers' safety and safety (OSHA) compliance. If they violate safety standards it falls back on them. 

Are you saying that the property owner is responsible for safety compliance of contractors and their employees? 

I think, if I'm understanding correctly, he's saying that the property owner should take some level of care to ensure that they are hiring contractors that are not putting the safety and health of their workers at risk.

In a past life, I was the decision maker on a number of office finish outs and there was a GC that I had used several times for some decent sized jobs ($1mm or so each). While on a job site, I observed some safety issues that caused me to be concerned. I brought it up to the superintendent and then to the owner of the company. Both were incredibly cavalier regarding my concerns and even made comments that the workers needed the work and I didn't really need to worry about their health and safety. Needless to say, I never used that GC ever again and made sure they knew why.

• Hook 'Em 5

5 hours ago, Humble Beast said:

What do you think every smoker on the planet talks about when they  go outside to burn one with a coworker?

Hint: It’s not to praise their boss. 

More importantly, when the non smokers follow you outside to “get some fresh air” you’ve got a quiet quitting mutiny on your hands. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/11/2022 at 9:54 PM, F250 said:

I am pretty sure GRUHorns career involves lower level bureaucratic management at SAMMC based on his posts. He is ironically, a government employee that doesn't know fuck about fuck about the Tech industry.

I thought he was a fake doctor who did crypto.  Like one of those guys at the mall with a skeleton trying to adjust everyone who walks by.

But man, between crypto eating more dick than the sooner schooner and Elmo self immolation his world is probably rocking.

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, Captainant said:

In our great state, we always pass the buck from the powerful site owner who's paying for everything down to the poor worker who's getting his wages stolen. It's that contractors fault for being willing to walk through water with live wires in it (to meet the production target set by the powerful site owner)! 

It's absolutely the responsibility of the site owner to keep the GC honest and not endanger his people. Because at the end of the day, it's your fucking site and you should take personal responsibility for the conditions of it. 

You want to know how I know you don’t know how fast-track projects for large corporations actually work?

I saw nothing in that article that didn’t indicate anything other than subcontractor fraud.  I think Musk is a chump, but let’s be real about what is going on at that site.  Which, for the record, I have no involvement in.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

So you either sign up for at least three months of crunch under a non (IT) technical dunning-krueger billionaire - OR - you get a guaranteed three month severance package to look for a new job?

Seems like a pretty fucking easy choice to me lol

Between driving advertisers away directly or indirectly, and assuming that the remaining employees are all 20-somethings just out of college and with no life or no family, he really is going to fuck it up.  It’s no longer a hypothetical.

• Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Between driving advertisers away directly or indirectly, and assuming that the remaining employees are all 20-somethings just out of college and with no life or no family, he really is going to fuck it up.  It’s no longer a hypothetical.

You know, when you had the prospects of an IPO and stock options hanging over the heads of the common folk, you could get results.  But today Twitter doesn't have either of those possibilities, and in fact, due to the erratic actions of the owner/CEO, they probably never will be able to be in a position to do it again.

I'm guessing incentive packages now will include a free Tesla (that you can't drive because you will be enslaved to your office coding) and a chance to watch the launch of a SpaceX rocket someday.

EDIT:  Well, that was fast.  But my point stands; raising an IPO for any Musk endeavor now is murky.

Twitter Stock & Options

Even though Twitter is now a private company, we absolutely will continue to provide stock and options as part of our ongoing compensation plan!

The stock plan will be much like that of SpaceX, which has been very successful. As with SpaceX, exceptional amounts of stock will be awarded for exceptional performance.

Thanks,

Elon

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 1

We know he was thin-skinned, but he’s definitely taking it to new heights.
You'd think the world’s richest man would have more self-confidence and a stronger ego, not act like some 30-something who flamed out at life, and manages a McDonalds staffed by teens, and takes out his frustration by trying to keep up on what the employees think of him.
And he apparently thinks Twitter is a McDonald’s, where new employees can easily be brought in.
I’ve never seen a company completely destroy their institutional knowledge.
And being this insecure and this erratic means even more advertisers are going to bail.
We should start a pool on how long I takes before something major breaks (besides Elon’s ego).

He got high off his own supply.

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

I love that being extremely hardcore just means working like a slave 

"WHO HERE IS WILLING TO WORK TWICE AS MUCH FOR THE SAME MONEY TO HELP ME PAY MY ENORMOUS DEBT THAT I SADDLED THIS COMPANY YOU BUILT WITH!? HUH!? WHO'S WITH ME?! NO? YOU'RE ALL FIRED THEN!"

Edited by wildcat09
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Please slave away to help me fix my mistakes that aren't really mistakes so I can take all the credit and then fire you whenever you say something mean about me.

I mean, when you say it that way.....

Also, I really don't get how hard it is for Elon and his fanboys to understand: Twitter is a platform for selling advertising that reaches the audience of people who consume the platform's content.  That's it.  As a business, that's what it is.

In that respect, it's no different than the basic TV network model -- ABC, CBS, HGTV, etc.  Is ABC's "product" the latest season of "The Rookie?"  NOPE.  Its product is the EYES WHO WATCH THE ROOKIE.  It sells those eyes to advertisers -- "buy an ad slot during The Rookie, and your ad will reach our audience of 8 million people in the 25-45 age group."  So, as a business imperative, ABC has to produce content that attracts those eyes that allow it to sell ads.

If ABC's shows suck, and it doesn't get eyes on the screen, it's harder to sell ad time (and hard to charge a premium price.  And along those same lines, if ABC, or HGTV, decides to change the direction of their programming, and air shows like "8 hour special report: how Hillary Clinton lives off the blood of children murdered in pizza parlors," then regular consumer products advertisers like Ford and Hershey aren't going to want their products associated with that.  ABC or HGTV will be stuck selling ads to the My Pillow guy, and they won't be able to charge much for that ad time.

If Twitter loses eyes, it's fucked.  If Twitter offers "content" that is inconsistent with the values/image of potential advertisers, they won't place their ads on that platform, and Twitter is fucked.  These things are known.  They've been known since the earliest days of advertising on radio, for fuck's sake.  Twitter is just a fancier, newer way of doing what radio and TV did: lock consumers ears/eyes onto certain content for a certain window of time, so advertisers can reach them.  That Elon STILL doesn't seem to get that......well, it sure as shit doesn't show that he's smart.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Homercles said:

Point being, I can’t respect someone who asks for endless sacrifice for the ‘firm’…let alone someone who demands it, in writing.  Forget his accomplishments, I can’t respect Elon as a person.  

You sound like a pussy libtard who doesn't want to make Elon great again.

Seriously, the "Elon model of capitalism" is not attractive, and speaks to a deep rot in our culture.  That it would be sold as a PLUS to "sacrifice even more of your life, for the same/less money, for the glory and pleasure of management" is objectively insane.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

On 11/11/2022 at 10:14 AM, Trey3216 said:

Maybe Elon is so convinced we're living in a simulation that he's trying to one up Sam Bankman-Fried. Twitter is a pile of shit for the most part.  It's the worst part of our society on steroids, and I thought ridding the bots would be a good thing.  

Are you of the opinion that bots are being taken down?

• Haha 3
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

EDIT:  Well, that was fast.  But my point stands; raising an IPO for any Musk endeavor now is murky.

"Exceptional" amounts of stock in a company that the owner said was a bankruptcy candidate in his first meeting with his employees last week. And as a bonus, the option strike price will be based on the absurd $44B valuation that the owner paid for the company.

Not as strong a pitch as Elon may think it is.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:
I love that being extremely hardcore just means working like a slave 

Your mission: HELP ME SHITPOST!

Salary: Same

Hours: Double

Culture: Toxic

He's communicated no clue of what he wants twitter to be. Be hardcore for what purpose exactly? Anyone who stays is either unemployable elsewhere, in a highly desperate personal situation (visa or pregnant), and/or an imbecile.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can't believe this dude is hell bent on destroying his public image and losing himself and other people a shitload of money just so that he can feel like he's the smartest guy in the room. He's like an self loathing Instagram whore regularly posting nekkid pics for the 5 min serotonin high from the Likes. What a complete fucking insecure fuckstick.

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?