Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

To the fucking moon, man!

I'd be impressed if Elon added $1.6 million in new advertising revenue, while bringing back those who paused their ad buys.

Meanwhile, he's wanting more verification colors, because that's exactly what the people and organizations wanted.

This is going to end up with me filling out some questionnaire bullshit to determine the color on my accounts and being told that if I want to keep my checks I have to pay X amount. 

One thing that I've found fascinating/sad is that the internet has had what I would say is an unintended consequence of making an entire segment of the population forget they are lame ass dorks. Then again maybe it was intended, a lot of dorks made the internet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, G650 said:

One thing that I've found fascinating/sad is that the internet has had what I would say is an unintended consequence of making an entire segment of the population forget they are lame ass dorks. Then again maybe it was intended, a lot of dorks made the internet.

21 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

Yeah I’m ready for this era of nerd worship to end.

nod-smile.gif

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I'm not saying we need bullying in schools - I'm not a monster - but I am saying we need to bully adult nerds.  And they will thank us for it someday.  Elon would ultimately have more self-esteem, and an extra $44 billion, if we stuffed him in a few lockers and slapped him around from time to time instead of encouraging him to let the whole world see his tweets.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

The anonymity of the internet makes people tolerate so much questionable bullshit they would never accept if they really knew who was on the other end of that conversation.  For fuck's sake, TxTow had this board of esteemed learned professionals on his side back when he was just the anonymous guy who posted deranged screeds about towing regulations.  "This guy seems like a real straight shooter advocating for the aggrieved citizens, and not at all like a pederast serial attempted murderer typing gibberish."

uhm-me.gif

1 hour ago, Dutchrudder said:

This is a result of The Big Bang Theory making nerds think they can be accepted as a part of society. I think that show spoke to Elon and gave him this idea to try to become a cool, hip internet guy. There is only 1 man to blame for all this and it's Chuck Lorre.

Elon Musk actually cameoed on both TBBT and Young Sheldon. 

So yes. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Elon had to be hospitalized as a kid after being shoved down some stairs at school.  The kid who shoved him did it because Elon had mocked his dad for committing suicide. It doesn't seem like Elon learned anything from the experience, but I want to find whoever did it and buy him a beer.

Was this the guy who coached the kid on stair pushing?

spacer.png

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

The anonymity of the internet makes people tolerate so much questionable bullshit they would never accept if they really knew who was on the other end of that conversation.  For fuck's sake, TxTow had this board of esteemed learned professionals on his side back when he was just the anonymous guy who posted deranged screeds about towing regulations.  "This guy seems like a real straight shooter advocating for the aggrieved citizens, and not at all like a pederast serial attempted murderer typing gibberish."

I always thought the obsession with towing regulations was weird as fuck and never understood how he was able to maintain an active thread on the subject.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

This is going to end up with me filling out some questionnaire bullshit to determine the color on my accounts and being told that if I want to keep my checks I have to pay X amount. 

Why?

You don't strike me as somebody who does shit because Musk says so. Fuck his website.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Why?

You don't strike me as somebody who does shit because Musk says so. Fuck his website.

I could absolutely see twitter sending out questionnaires telling everybody "okay, justify your checkmark, tell us about your organization or yourself" followed by them mining the data and deciding who to charge.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/11/22/23474381/elon-musk-twitter-moderation-council-activist-promise

Elon Musk is trying to explain why he let Donald Trump and others back onto Twitter, even after he promised that decision would be left up to a content moderation council made up of people with “widely diverse viewpoints.” And wow, his explanation sure is something; in a tweet on Tuesday night, he claimed the council was part of a deal he made with an unnamed “large coalition of political/social activist groups,” implying it was their fault.

Musk claims he made a deal to keep those groups from trying to destroy Twitter’s ad revenue, and that those groups “broke the deal,” and so he no longer has to uphold all that stuff about the council.

Earlier this month, Musk un-banned Jordan Peterson, Kathy Griffin, and The Babylon Bee, before running a poll asking his followers if they wanted to see Donald Trump reinstated on the platform, tweeting “Vox Populi, Vox Dei,” which translates to “the voice of the people is the voice of god.” The next day, without any mention of the council, he announced that Trump would be let back on based on the poll’s results (though the former president and current presidential hopeful hasn’t yet made a return to tweeting).

Screenshot_2022_11_22_at_17.22.53.png

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?