Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

8 minutes ago, rage-a-holic said:

Ok clowns. Give it a few days. Let's see what pops up.

Do you have a point other than trying to prove that you're a moronic turd? Because, congrats, you've already achieved that level.

edit: apparently you're happy to live life as a moronic turd, as evidenced by you going into my posting history to find old posts to neg me. What a little bitch you are. Suck it.

Edited by Chopper
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, rage-a-holic said:

Also, my 22 year old girlfriend laughed at several of the "what we girls really think is hot" pics

lol that some bama female speaks for all women

Dating a 22 year old sounds fun but then I realize I’d spend the majority of my time saying “shut the fuck up you have no idea what you’re talking about” and that just doesn’t feel like a healthy relationship.

8 minutes ago, rage-a-holic said:

Ok clowns. Give it a few days. Let's see what pops up.

Are you still talking about Hunter’s dong?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Dating a 22 year old sounds fun but then I realize I’d spend the majority of my time saying “shut the fuck up you have no idea what you’re talking about” and that just doesn’t feel like a healthy relationship.

His "22 yo gf" is his special name for his prostate massage toy.

Edited by Chopper
  • Haha 5
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Try doing that with google translate 50 times a day

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

These conversations are always enlightening to me.

Most men do not understand the “female gaze”. At all.

What men think women find attractive -
6a4df43c5a53fa3d39a33e05381a3e57.jpg
ae3aa416eb800d1a3f1ecd52755145f4.jpg
3da14a2013197d192a8a9bdd8ca958e1.jpg
cd49c88a681fa429ad47cae8cf4fec72.jpg
b420e1ec21152004c49a4b22aa4bb27f.jpg

What women actually find attractive -

55ae3a9d896fdd3076df9aabc77fd394.jpg
8c4028f06d4cfecfa767c46b3e6b1758.jpg
f332895523badf62e17915b99c8d525b.jpg
8adc5b86fe30092e9b46ca52c6676880.jpg
3f36cf6896c01f137aa25aba28c94137.jpg
18070143b2283117ae07883ba020e4ff.jpg

Ha, my wife and her friends couldn't stop watching this video last week so it checks out. I think I'll have her watch it again after the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hefeweizen said:

I’m beginning to think we shouldn’t vote for Hunter’s dong to be president.

33 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

So “IT IS MY CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT AS AN AMERICAN TO VIEW AN ILLEGALLY OBTAINED PHOTO OF THE PENIS OF THE SON OF A PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE” is really the hill folks are dying on?

30 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, I’m seeing the MAGAs refer to this as Elon revealing the massive election interference that was happening under our noses.

Because hunter’s dong, or something. What a stupid timeline.

19 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Are you still talking about Hunter’s dong?

Y’all appear to be the ones obsessed with it. Go take a cold shower. 

• Fuck You 2

The real conspiracy is why was this  dumped on a Friday night?  Like somebody wanted it buried and got the cooperation of a medium-sized social media platform, whose CEO will proceed to do something insane/stupid over the weekend that will completely overshadow this story by the time the Monday morning news cycle kicks in.

James Franco GIF

• Like 1

12 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Shit, you could have a small dick, like 6-7 inches even, but as long as you were confident in who you are, and respectful towards women, a lot of women will overlook that.

We have a generation of Beavis and Buttheads on our hands.

This is one of the more underrated bits on Surly.

Elon handing this to Matt Taibbi shows that the Twitter files are a nothing burger that only real pieces of shit care about. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Elon handing this to Matt Taibbi shows that the Twitter files are a nothing burger that only real pieces of shit care about. 

Yep, if it was important, Musk would have been the one to release it.  Or rather, he’d have a staffer type it up, organized for Twitter, and then he would cut-and-paste it.

Read that Matt Taibbi chain and it was pretty boring.
Still trying to figure out why anyone should care about Hunters penis or what the crime being alleged or gotcha moment is. Maybe I'm missing something. 

Seriously.

And all the people freaking out about it are accusing the “Biden Administration for interfering”.

It happened in 2020.

Biden was inaugurated in 2021.

Facts are inconvenient I guess when claiming Hunter’s gigantic hog is destroying free speech and democracy.
  • Like 1

One potential way to chart the decline of twitter may be to keep track of the number of articles that get generated by a post or thread on that site. From what I've read comments are being overrun with spam and nazis, and so threads are more difficult to parse. Seems like I've seen a decline in articles almost entirely about twitter threads lately but that could be because I haven't been paying close attention.

This article at Wired is pretty interesting. We’re in Denial About the True Cost of a Twitter Implosion. Elon Musk’s platform may be hell, but it’s also where huge amounts of reputational and social wealth are invested. All of that is in peril.

Things are falling apart. Teams of engineers and moderators have been eroded to nubs. Bugs have begun to multiply as software rot spreads: On Sunday, a tool gone rogue began blocking 4,000 accounts per second. On Tuesday, fleets of influential professors mysteriously lost all their followers. Sewage from newly unbanned, hateful accounts is bubbling out of Twitter’s drains. My own posts are being colonized by anti-Semitic bots and so-called elite business professors—all verified with blue checks—hawking bitcoin giveaways. I have only 5,000 followers, so the fact that these actors are desperate enough to target me feels ominous.

It’s all getting less funny and more scary and sad, fast. This grief, I think, is widely experienced, but it’s barely yet been reckoned with. Most people, even analysts, are trapped talking about Twitter as something whose demise we’ll relish—either as a liberation or as the gripping psychodrama of one bitter billionaire, his karmic comeuppance. Twitter, everyone notes, is far from the biggest social network.

But if we judge Twitter’s influence by its active users, we underestimate it massively. It has no peer as a forge of public opinion.

Think of how devastating it was to the anti-vax influencers Alex Berenson and Robert Malone to be kicked off Twitter. They happened to be grifters. But if Twitter died, that devastation would be everywhere. Hundreds of thousands of people's careers are now driven principally on Twitter. Many academics have built popular audiences entirely on Twitter, as well as enriched their professional networks. The chatter among otherwise siloed young professors and postdocs on there has become indispensable. 

A virtual civilization that became vital to our world is shuddering. A lot of the best reporting on what’s going on at Twitter has been revealed on Twitter, by citizen journalists and employees of the app as well as professional investigative reporters; we are gradually being plunged into a kind of dark. Twitter’s “Trending” column," [has quickly become unuseful non-sense].  The other day, Twitter told me the top trending topic where I live, in South Africa, was Tylenol, a brand that is not even sold here. When I wondered what was trending in Athens and located myself there via VPN, I received the unnerving news that Dan Quayle is trending at the Parthenon. 

In Rome, Mike Pompeo was trending. I assume that’s because his last name is Italian and no real minds exist at Twitter to curate trends anymore, only an algorithm that catches tailings of fuel in the form of tweets and lights them on fire at random, like a downed electric line in a hellscape throwing sparks at the massive oil slick left by the careering 30-ton tanker truck that is Elon Musk’s vanity.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chopper said:

One potential way to chart the decline of twitter may be to keep track of the number of articles that get generated by a post or thread on that site. From what I've read comments are being overrun with spam and nazis, and so threads are more difficult to parse. Seems like I've seen a decline in articles almost entirely about twitter threads lately but that could be because I haven't been paying close attention.

This article at Wired is pretty interesting. We’re in Denial About the True Cost of a Twitter Implosion. Elon Musk’s platform may be hell, but it’s also where huge amounts of reputational and social wealth are invested. All of that is in peril.

it would suck to have spent years building a following and probably career based off a platform and then lose it. but also, I care about that about as much as wall street folks losing their shirt because of reddit neckbeards.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chopper said:

One potential way to chart the decline of twitter may be to keep track of the number of articles that get generated by a post or thread on that site. From what I've read comments are being overrun with spam and nazis, and so threads are more difficult to parse.

I’m seeing it a lot recently with Ukraine stuff - lots of bots and trolls trying to drown out anything bad about Russia or good about Ukraine.  And plenty of those fucking bought blue checks are in the mix.

Heres hoping post.news takes off.  If Musk wants a wide open platform with bots and spammers, we’ll, it’s the most expensive hobby anybody has ever bought into.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, bernorange said:

The big allegation is that Twitter censored mentions of the NY Post story about Hunter Biden's laptop a month before the election at the behest of team Biden.

just came across this

Elon Musk’s promised Twitter exposé on the Hunter Biden story is a flop that doxxed multiple people
/ The documents don’t show what Musk thinks they show, and a US Representative is going to have to change his email address.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/12/2/23490863/elon-musk-twitter-expose-hunter-biden-flop-doxxed-multiple-people

and this

https://www.thebulwark.com/no-you-do-not-have-a-constitutional-right-to-post-hunter-bidens-dick-pic-on-twitter/

While normal humans who denied Republicans their red wave were enjoying an epic sports weekend, an insular community of MAGA activists and online contrarians led by the world’s richest man (for now) were getting riled up about a cache of leaked emails revealing that the former actor James Woods and Chinese troll accounts were not allowed to post ill-gotten photos of Hunter Biden’s hog on a private company’s microblogging platform 25 months ago.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

The big allegation is that Twitter censored mentions of the NY Post story about Hunter Biden's laptop a month before the election at the behest of team Biden.

What does this mean in practice? I mean, I still heard about the story, even *gasp* on Twitter. So whatever this “censoring” is alleged to be, it obviously didn’t work.

If the allegation is that they actually removed the dick pics, well congrats to Twitter for following the law.

5 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

What does this mean in practice? I mean, I still heard about the story, even *gasp* on Twitter. So whatever this “censoring” is alleged to be, it obviously didn’t work.

It means...OBVIOUSLY...Biden's son taking TWO BILLION DOLLARS from the fucking Saudis in exchange for all the favors he did while he was employed by the White Hou. Oh fuck never mind wrong guy.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Read that Matt Taibbi chain and it was pretty boring.

Still trying to figure out why anyone should care about Hunters penis or what the crime being alleged or gotcha moment is. Maybe I'm missing something. 

Twitter suppressed a news story about their preferred Presidential candidate just before the election. They went so far as to lock out the Press Secretary of POTUS because she tweeted it out. They didn’t want a fully informed electorate. It’s being called a nothingburger even though this is the exact reason people on this thread are so upset about Elon buying Twitter. They believed the proper people had this power. Now they don’t.  

The real concerns here have nothing to do with “hate speech”. They want Twitter to die and a viable alternative to pop up so they can regain this power that is rightfully theirs. It’s really simple.  

They claim there’s more to follow. We’ll see. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck You 3

Twitter suppressed a news story about their preferred Presidential candidate just before the election. They went so far as to lock out the Press Secretary of POTUS because she tweeted it out. They didn’t want a fully informed electorate. It’s being called a nothingburger even though this is the exact reason people on this thread are so upset about Elon buying Twitter. They believed the proper people had this power. Now they don’t.  

The real concerns here have nothing to do with “hate speech”. They want Twitter to die and a viable alternative to pop up so they can regain this power that is rightfully theirs. It’s really simple.  

They claim there’s more to follow. We’ll see. 

I’d be willing to wager that if the incredibly small portion of the population that gets their political news from Twitter, 100.0% of them knew about the Hunter Biden shit before they cast their vote.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Humble Beast said:

The Twitter people that thought they could namelessly suppress info are being doxxed. Oh no, anyway. 

You want to believe Hunter Biden was a rampaging agent of vice and impulsive criminality on the levels of Uday Hussein. It's more likely that he's just another spoiled twat with a voracious appetite, born into access unavailable to the .001%. If only your manifestations could've been exposed to the world who knew less than you did. 

Elmo, your shining bro sun in the sky, will deliver your validated feelings about your ideological opponents. You were right all along. Praise the truth revealer. Bathe him in idolatry. Until his whimsical appetite for attention leads him to act against your worldview. Then despise him and wait for another hero. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

I know people are dumb but FFS.

Twitter didn’t censor anything. The fact that the Hunter story was all over Twitter and every other form of media - social and traditional - is proof of that.

They complied with a request to remove hacked nudes.

The idiots who care about Hunter’s shenanigans were never voting for his dad.

Elon Musk and Matt Tabibbi could tell me the sky is blue and I’d go outside and confirm.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 5

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?