Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Musk lied about his dead kid a few weeks ago, and he’s known for misrepresenting the facts, so whatever happened, there is a lot more that he’s not saying.

Never trust a guy who'd prefer to get a woman pregnant through artificial insemination than by having actual sex with her, I've always said.

1 minute ago, Humble Beast said:

What about Bari Weiss? Is she controlled by the Russians too?

She's a racist whore. So maybe.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Musk lied about his dead kid a few weeks ago, and he’s known for misrepresenting the facts, so whatever happened, there is a lot more that he’s not saying.

Every day that passes reveals just how squishy Elon's ethics are. I would never trust this man, nor would I expect anyone's data to remain private should it prove convenient to him to sell it, reveal it, or use it for personal gain.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Humble Beast said:

Grow up 

Based on your arguments here you don't seem capable of grasping nuance so I intentionally try to avoid any and speak bluntly. You could perhaps try to defend the many questions into what you post here. But you don't seem to regard defending the many holes in your arguments as anything you need to dither over.

First, what I know of Bari Weiss could fit in a thimble. She worked at NYT, a racist institution, and as a jew myself I regard any jew who works there as someone of suspect ethics. (edit - It's an argument that's probably far too complicated for you to grasp and it's definitely not the same reason as you wingnuts do.) My impression is she only gives a fuck about jewish murders when perpetrated by brown people but gives a pass to white supremacists because they've promised to join her in Jerusalem just as soon as jeezus returns. But most importantly in the context of this thread, if you're one of the world's richest men, do you choose her and 2 men whose writings and behavior changed 180 degrees without any explanation shortly after one of them personally delivered one of our country's biggest traitors ever to Russia in order to boost your shiny new platform's credibility? After one of them became founder of a shiny new "mainstream" website and hired the other, only for both to be thrown out on their respective ears for unstable behavior? Those are the 3 people you, as one of the wealthiest men, hire in trying to prove how amazing your new web platform is going to be, to help stoke the smoke around some 4 year old laughably stupid story about a laptop?

Edit: back when we had a working 2 party system when there was a controversy of national importance a bipartisan commission would be put together to investigate. Bipartisan - not a triumvirate of nutjobs. I'm sure if Tucker, Sean and that incel hispanic dude had made themselves available, he'd have hired them in place of the 3 imbeciles he ended up with. I can only conclude what he was after with his Friday night stunt was scattering some rancid chicken feed for the imbeciles of the extreme right wing who he is working to please. Rancid chicken feed seems more than enough to keep them (YOU) happy.

Edited by Chopper
noted
  • Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Every day that passes reveals just how squishy Elon's ethics are

You’re just discovering that?

50 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

What does this Elon/twitter story signify to you? Why are you personally invested in it?

A primary method of official information and narrative dissemination has been hijacked. “Build your own social network”. So some guy bought a big one. Histrionics have ensued. I think it’s all pretty amusing. I’m very aware of Elon’s moral failings. I don’t support him in all his endeavors, but I think Twitter succeeding as a more neutral platform would be a net positive. 

52 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Based on your arguments here you don't seem capable of grasping nuance so I intentionally try to avoid any and speak bluntly.

As a both sider I’m pretty accustomed to nuance.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 9

4 minutes ago, Humble Beast said:

I’m very aware of Elon’s moral failings. I don’t support him in all his endeavors, but I think Twitter succeeding as a more neutral platform would be a net positive. 

As a both sider I’m pretty accustomed to nuance.

You don't even understand the word neutral, let alone nuance.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Folks, this is what someone living in a world devoid of truth sounds like. Narratives.

The lab leak is a conspiracy theory. 

The vaccine stops transmission. 
The laptop was an illegally obtained hack. 
Getting the new booster is beneficial. 
Inflation is transitory. 

The list goes on. Narratives, spin. Whatever you want to call it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 15

1 hour ago, Humble Beast said:

You’re just discovering that?

Well, no, but save the delusional, a larger audience certainly is.

Why don't you save us the trouble and go back to your old avatar, you know the carrotpenis one with the potatoes. Better yet, send that pic to Elon since you two seem to share the same sense of humor.

• Hook 'Em 5

5 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Well, no, but save the delusional, a larger audience certainly is.

Why don't you save us the trouble and go back to your old avatar, you know the carrotpenis one with the potatoes. Better yet, send that pic to Elon since you two seem to share the same sense of humor.

image.thumb.png.a3085b7d1b0768fa1af5e46f4c873f1b.png

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Which is how we get idiots with blue checks praising Hitler or claiming that the Holocaust didn’t happen or that vaccines have microchips in them.

Or how we get Elon stating that his son died in his arms instead of the mother’s arms.

See that’s the post-truth world we now live in. Elon knows the truth is nothing more than whatever you want it to be. 

Narratives.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Which is how we get idiots with blue checks praising Hitler or claiming that the Holocaust didn’t happen or that vaccines have microchips in them.

Or how we get Elon stating that his son died in his arms instead of the mother’s arms.

Who do? You do?

To do is to be.

The truth shall set you free.

Free to be, you and me.

To be or not to be.

Doo be, doo be do.

I'm am really not digging this renaissance of the dumb, modern, dark ages.

• Hook 'Em 2

24 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Said another way, the truth is what anyone with the required resources can make you believe.  There is no standard for factual veracity.  Funny, America reached its apex when there were far more standards for factual veracity than what Elon is enabling.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Again, he is so confused. The individual has never lost the right to decide what is true, regardless of Twitter or Facebook's stance on what is allowed to be printed on their platform. The First Amendment does not force private platforms to print, or amplify, a private citizen's free speech. It does not say one should be able to force every platform to print your free speech. One always has an avenue to hit the streets with their free speech, regardless of what any private platform has done to block you from doing so. 

• Hook 'Em 5

8 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Yep.

You're dumber than a blooming onion and have just become the 3rd person I've *put on ignore on this site. You give life to the words of German philosopher Dietrich Bonhoeffer, who argued that stupid people like you are more dangerous than evil ones. This is because while we can protest against or fight evil people, against stupid ones we are defenseless — reason falls on dead ears. 

What if they're stupid and evil?

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016

• Hook 'Em 6

I saw Elon’s interview where he shares his vision for Twitter, and I understand much better now what he’s trying to do, albeit poorly so far. 

He wants everyone paying on Twitter to reduce the influence of bots and spam. Paying not only reduces the number of those annoyances, it will allow them to rank them low on the feeds, reducing their influence. They will also use payment as a means to authenticate real people. It’s basically the old paid email idea. 

And he wants to make the Twitter experience more selectable, allowing users to dial in to what they want to see or not see to reduce the fake political posting, etc. I’m not sure how this will be different than the current follow feature, but it’s interesting.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Bateshorn said:

Yeah, that’s vintage Sci Fi art, of which I’m a big fan. 

Slate is right: Part of the issue with Elmo is he’s just bad at social media. So he’s reduced to doing shocking things for diminishing returns.

Like I said, his problem is he is just tragically lame, and intent on broadcasting his lameness to every human on the planet

• Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I saw Elon’s interview where he shares his vision for Twitter, and I understand much better now what he’s trying to do, albeit poorly so far. 

He wants everyone paying on Twitter to reduce the influence of bots and spam. Paying not only reduces the number of those annoyances, it will allow them to rank them low on the feeds, reducing their influence. They will also use payment as a means to authenticate real people. It’s basically the old paid email idea. 

And he wants to make the Twitter experience more selectable, allowing users to dial in to what they want to see or not see to reduce the fake political posting, etc. I’m not sure how this will be different than the current follow feature, but it’s interesting.

"Interesting" doing a lot of work there.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

I think I saw something a few pages back while catching up referring to "journalist ethics" as a consideration in determining whether the NY Post story should have resulted in a twitter suspension. The NY Post is a tabloid which by definition does not require the same ethics as legitimate news. If the story had been "Hunter Biden Spends Weekend on Cocaine Fueled Sexcapade" I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have caused any issues since that's what is expected from them. When they flat out try and report on corruption as legitimate without valid sources or chains of custody just before an election on issues involving Ukraine at a time in which Russia was unquestionably trying to interfere with our elections through misinformation, they were damn right to take it down and tell Rupert Murdoch to fuck off with that propaganda. And even a tabloid can't publish stolen nudes from any source, which it appears was a big part of Elon's big break on what was "suppressed" by twitter. And even if it were true that twitter was letting more liberal stuff on the platform than conservative stuff, they're a private company, remember "corporations are people" they can do whatever they want. So the beef ultimately, even if everything they said were true, is that twitters owners or staff are liberuls. Tough shit, they're allowed to be liberuls if they want. It's not like they use the phrase "Fair and Balanced" as a tagline or anything.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

Apple has resumed buying ad space on twitter. Tim Apple crisis averted. Like I said, just look at Qatar if you have any naivety left about corporations being whores for the business gain versus caring much about political pov's. 

https://www.reuters.com/technology/amazon-restart-advertising-twitter-platfomer-reporter-2022-12-04/

Edited by MeerkatBong
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 4

30 minutes ago, MeerkatBong said:

Apple has resumed buying ad space on twitter. Tim Apple crisis averted. Like I said, just look at Qatar if you have any naivety left about corporations being whores for the business gain versus caring much about political pov's. 

https://www.reuters.com/technology/amazon-restart-advertising-twitter-platfomer-reporter-2022-12-04/

i thought it was well documented Apple never stopped buying ad space and was the #1 purchaser of ad space on TWTR during Q1 2022.

from your linked article:

On Saturday, a Platformer News reporter tweeted that Amazon is planning to resume advertising on Twitter at about $100 million a year, pending some security tweaks to the company's ads platform.

However, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters that Amazon had never stopped advertising on Twitter.

when you are offering a 100% value add on purchases, what does that tell you about their ad inventory availability? how many of the big 4 have reversed their "pause on spending at twitter" recommendation in the last few weeks?

if you think the advertising crisis at TWTR was averted right after it came out that their ad revenue was 80% below internal expectations for the first week of the world cup and with them offering 100% value add on impressions,  you are drinking Elon jizz flavored kool aid.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MeerkatBong said:

So the only source for this entire "crisis" remains Elon the reliable narrator?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Genco said:

So the only source for this entire "crisis" remains Elon the reliable narrator?

I guess so-- Tim Cook is prudently staying above this particular fray.

As someone mentioned on the last page, I can imagine him being a gracious host to Elon, walking him around the estate and then pausing at some point out of earshot of sycophants and hanger-ons and EA's and dropping the nice guy routine as he whispers menacingly, "Cut out the wise guy B.S. or I will crush you. I will destroy you. This is your last warning." Then he quickly smiles again and signals for someone to come bring out the Avenue Foch 2017 because, as the weather has turned unseasonably delightful, let's have lunch out on the veranda shall we?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 5

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?