Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

And of course, Elon swoops right in to imply a conspiracy in spite of birdwatch. 

i assume the birdwatch came after well after the tweet. i just assume there are a ton of birdwatch folks out there who just go add context to whatever elon responds to.

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

I'm still unsure what the allegedly inept SF city government has to do with a 10 month old ingesting fentanyl. How is the city related to whatever happened?

Tell me you don’t live in San Francisco without telling me you don’t live in San Francisco.  FFS again, all I’m saying is for once this moron’s point, or really sentiment, is fairly widely-shared, which is simply an eye roll at how our city can’t build a public toilet for less than $1.7M or get new housing built in less than decade but of course jumps into action at the opportunity to publicly on a tech company. That’s it. 

7 minutes ago, We’reTexas said:

Tell me you don’t live in San Francisco without telling me you don’t live in San Francisco.  FFS again, all I’m saying is for once this moron’s point, or really sentiment, is fairly widely-shared, which is simply an eye roll at how our city can’t build a public toilet for less than $1.7M or get new housing built in less than decade but of course jumps into action at the opportunity to publicly on a tech company. That’s it. 

Why are you still doing this? And now giving us more completely unrelated shit? 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

I always knew being born white and rich was a fucking massive headstart on life but until Elon, I never knew just how consequential it was.  It's as if Humble Beast's family owned a diamond mine.  I mean seriously.  Imagine if immortal was a Walton.  It's the same fucking thing.

No, don't you get it? Elon is a victim, a victim I tell you. Or he will tell you if ever stops talking about whatever blathering nonsense he is spouting. You should be ashamed for even thinking that Elon had every advantage known to a young white person born in South Africa in the 1970s. What if one of his father's planes had crashed? What if the family yacht was swamped by a large wave? That mine was a literal millstone around his neck and leaving SA in order to avoid military service meant that he had to live in Canada of all places in order to eventually become an American. I mean, come on, Canada? All those nice people who say nice things and export that niceness in the personages of Ryan Reynolds and Ryan Gosling? It was all too too much. The oppression of living in the land of curling and ice hockey and poutine until he could finally immigrate across the border to Pennsylvania. A true migrant's journey of unfathomable heartache and misery in order to place his life in the hands of Penn's faculty with their crunchy tweeds and habit of clearing their throats every third word for emphasis and sobriety. Such persecution he has faced, such villainous treachery he has overcome, and all for humanity.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

20 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Any employees sticking around and sleeping in their fucking offices at this point are fucking morons who drank the Flavor-aid, unless they are visa holders that are bent over a barrel, or unless he doubled or tripled their salaries.  Or they are low performers who can’t get jobs elsewhere.

That is a lot of "unlesses" and "ors" my friend. I suspect that each in their own way they are leading desperate lives and hoping for the best outcome they can imagine. Judging by some of the fan club assertions, some of the more optimistic and slightly less desperate of them can imagine quite wildly.

1 hour ago, We’reTexas said:

Yeah I read the article. My point was - the claim that the drug was in the grass and somehow a 10 month old found and ate it it is dubious, in my opinion. The story seems like BS. But then to blame it on the city government is fucking asinine. Maybe you know - If the tech geniuses are so smart how come they're relying on city gov't to fix the homeless and drug problems and not doing shit about it themselves?

Also 1.7m for a public toilet considering all the abuse it would need to handle seems more than reasonable, esp out there in earthquake country. TxDOT just spent over $5m for a men's and women's bathroom in an easily secured facility out in the middle of nowhere near Wichita Falls. Just fyi so you can let those acai eating, marijuana smokin' tech bros in SF know the deal.

Edited by Chopper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Any employees sticking around and sleeping in their fucking offices at this point are fucking morons who drank the Flavor-aid, unless they are visa holders that are bent over a barrel, or unless he doubled or tripled their salaries.  Or they are low performers who can’t get jobs elsewhere.

The job market in tech is miserable right now. People are just walking out on their jobs if they don’t think they can a new one. 

A conference room converted into a bedroom at Twitter's San Francisco HQ

Former staff say wardrobes have been moved into Twitter's HQ 

edit - I don't know why this formatted with the descriptions separate from the photos but it's from the BBC

image.png

image.png

Edited by Chopper

20 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Everyone who isn’t a Musk fanboi or an H1B visa holder left Twitter and now Elon is making foreign workers sleep at the office. 

Just completed the investigation. 

To be fair can any of them afford an apartment in San Fran?

also anyone else notice random accounts being added in your follows? I’ve had it happen twice now. Retweet from random person which is clearly an ad, go to hide the ad and it shows I am following the acct that retweeted the ad. The acct doing the retweet only has a few hundred “followers@

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

To be fair can any of them afford an apartment in San Fran?

also anyone else notice random accounts being added in your follows? I’ve had it happen twice now. Retweet from random person which is clearly an ad, go to hide the ad and it shows I am following the acct that retweeted the ad. The acct doing the retweet only has a few hundred “followers@

Yep, it’s shit, and I, getting a lot of emails about being added to conversations.

• Rage+1 1

Blue checks: Considering $7 for web users, $11 for IPhone (and presumably Google) users (to offset the %30)

https://www.theinformation.com/articles/elon-musk-micromanages-twitter-as-subscription-push-nears

Meanwhile, Jack suggested something sensible, but that would prevent Musk from being a drama Queen about it,

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yep, it’s shit, and I, getting a lot of emails about being added to conversations.

Same. A lot of Spam in the DM's and alerts about topics I don't follow and a shit ton of shitty ads. The user experience is getting pretty crappy.

17 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Well, I'll never get those 15 minutes back.  Basically a private company enforced their Terms of Use.

Color me outraged! 

An hour later, I'm in a whorehouse in Chelsea and two Lithuanian redheads are taking turns sucking on my cock. I'm laying there, I'm trying not to come, I'm trying to make it last, right? So I start doing the math - thirty thousand hours, what is that? Twenty-four times thirty - seven hundred twenty hours in a month, eight thousand seven hundred and sixty hours per year...

• Hook 'Em 1

So, uhh..SpaceX announced the crew of the privately funded trip around the moon.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/08/world/spacex-dear-moon-yusaku-maezawa-scn/index.html

Japanese fashion mogul Yusaku Maezawa has picked eight passengers that he said will join him on a trip around the moon, powered by SpaceX’s yet-to-be-flown Starship spacecraft. The group includes American DJ Steve Aoki and popular space YouTuber Tim Dodd, better known as the Everyday Astronaut. 

The mission, called Dear Moon, was first announced in 2018. Maezawa initially aimed to take a group of artists with him on a six-day trip around the moon but later announced he had expanded his definition of an “artist.” Instead, he said he would be open to people from all walks of life as long as they viewed themselves as artists, Maezawa said in a video announcement last year.

Joining Maezawa, Aoki and Dodd will be Czech multidisciplinary artist Yemi A.D., Irish photographer Rhiannon Adam, photographer Karim Iliya, Indian actor Dev Joshi, documentary filmmaker Brendan Hall and South Korean rapper Choi Seung Hyun, who goes by the stage name T.O.P.

“I can’t miss this opportunity,” Aoki said in a video announcement. “My soul is, is begging for this.”

A backup crew of US Olympic snowboarder Kaitlyn Farrington and Japanese dancer Miyu was also selected.

There were two main criteria for selecting Maezawa’s fellow passengers, the mission’s website noted: Applicants should be seeking to “push the envelope” in their field of work by going to space “to help other people and greater society in some way,” and they should be willing to support their fellow crew members during the journey.

221209085436-dear-moon-mission.jpg?c=16x

airplane-let-them-crash.gif

1 hour ago, DixonHur said:

Well, I'll never get those 15 minutes back.  Basically a private company enforced their Terms of Use.

Color me outraged! 

I don't disagree with a company's right to enforce their own TOS but that argument falls apart entirely when you can easily see that they heavily lied about what they were doing for such a long period of time.  If Twitter felt they were right in what they were doing at the time then they should have just owned it. 

7 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Lol

That goes along the lines with what I just replied above...at least he's owning the fact he's saying he's going to shadowban certain accounts/tweets and the people will know he's doing it.  They can choose not to trust or believe him, but at least it's out there and more information for people & advertisers to make their own determinations.

The problem with the last few years is Twitter was doing the exact same thing but telling people they weren't.  I don't see how that's hard to miss. 

Edited by McCroskey

30 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

I don't disagree with a company's right to enforce their own TOS but that argument falls apart entirely when you can easily see that they heavily lied about what they were doing for such a long period of time.  If Twitter felt they were right in what they were doing at the time then they should have just owned it. 

If that's the best they got, this is much ado about nothing.

I mean really, what is the scandal?  I mean, aside from a few radicals, who was effected?

Edited by DixonHur

36 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

Saying they lied doesn’t make it true.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

If that's the best they got, this is much ado about nothing.

I mean really, what is the scandal?  I mean, aside from a few radicals, who was effected?

I have absolutely no idea if any laws were broken but you potentially had a publicly traded corporation lying to shareholders and advertisers about how they were doing business.  Nothing Musk is releasing now is "proof," but it does raise suspicions and I think warrants additional examinations on how these highly influential tech companies make private/confidential business decisions that impact most citizens.

In hindsight, it's a shame Twitter didn't just publicize what they were willing to tolerate on their platform and hold a firm stance on their positions and what types of users they wanted engaging on the platform. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

I think warrants additional examinations on how these highly influential tech companies make private/confidential business decisions that impact most citizens

IMO, none of that matters until we have a right to our own data along the lines of a GDPR. Without that data, the tech companies have no influence and there's less overall legislation needed. 

It will severely kneecap profits though, so it probably won't happen because capitalism

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

I have absolutely no idea if any laws were broken but you potentially had a publicly traded corporation lying to shareholders and advertisers about how they were doing business.  Nothing Musk is releasing now is "proof," but it does raise suspicions and I think warrants additional examinations on how these highly influential tech companies make private/confidential business decisions that impact most citizens.

In hindsight, it's a shame Twitter didn't just publicize what they were willing to tolerate on their platform and hold a firm stance on their positions and what types of users they wanted engaging on the platform. 

Get the fuck out of here.  

How exactly were they "lying" to shareholders and advertisers?  Did they misrepresent their earnings?  Say they had more eyeballs than they did?  Tell me what material harm they caused.

• Hook 'Em 2

Get the fuck out of here.  
How exactly were they "lying" to shareholders and advertisers?  Did they misrepresent their earnings?  Say they had more eyeballs than they did?  Tell me what material harm they caused.

Are you paying attention at all to what they are releasing lately, or are you just concluding it’s all fictitious?

If it’s the latter, then I don’t know what to tell you.

Many officers of Twitter made official statements on the practices and policies of the company and certainly those statements were meant to influence both shareholder and advertiser opinions. Some of those statements and actions are now considered to be deceptive and/or intentionally misleading and that’s something worth exploring further.

2 hours ago, McCroskey said:

Blah Blah Blah Reaction GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

He shown a light on the inner workings of Twitter to his detriment. I think he is trying to do something right. He didn't spend $44B to get over on people. In fact, most people LOVED him until a year ago. He is still doing all he same stuff. He seems OK to me.  To the left and right they are going mad. I say keep making awesome electric cars, awesome space shit and having a transparent social media platform. 

Edited by TMI
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, McCroskey said:

you can easily see that they heavily lied about what they were doing for such a long period of time.  

What exactly do you think they lied about? 

7 hours ago, McCroskey said:

Some of those statements and actions are now considered to be deceptive and/or intentionally misleading and that’s something worth exploring further.

Like what?

7 hours ago, Captainant said:

IMO, none of that matters until we have a right to our own data along the lines of a GDPR. Without that data, the tech companies have no influence and there's less overall legislation needed. 

It will severely kneecap profits though, so it probably won't happen because capitalism

The GDPR is a joke. Fitting that you’d want it here.

43 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

It's by no means perfect, but it's far and away better than what we have in the US where any company is permitted to scrape, collect, collate, and sell YOUR user data. 

How do you think microtargeted ads end up on your phone? It's not pure coinkydink that your FB app will start showing you ads for something you googled 5 minutes ago lol. Without that data, there's no fuel for the personalized ad hellscape

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TMI said:

I think he is trying to do something right.

He’s definitely trying to do something right,

3 hours ago, TMI said:

He didn't spend $44B to get over on people.

No, he spent $44 billion to read Grimes’s DMs.

7 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Is Elon Musk the most boring man on the internet? 

Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, babysdaddy said:

am i the only one who has any twitter thread not load if there are more than 8 (it's been exactly 8 or 9 every time) responses in the thread? it happens in all sorts of twitter threads, always 8 or 9, on PC specifically. but sure it's all working according to plan.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, StruggleBus said:

i genuinely want to know why you think it's a joke and why you think it would be bad if it was here. i didn't know anyone who doesn't work in advertising thought it was a bad thing.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, DixonHur said:

How exactly were they "lying" to shareholders and advertisers store owners and customers?  Did they misrepresent their earnings the extent of the contamination?  Say they had more eyeballs than they did?  Tell me what material harm they caused.

Not going with a 'whataboutism', but for a real case of not being transparent, talk to Paul Kruse of Bluebell. That, IMO, was a true case of being willfully negligent and deceptive, not the Twitter TOS.

• Rage+1 1

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?