Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

41 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Welp...more good news for Elron! Lost the most money ever from his personal accounts, as CEO his business' stock price tanked the most ever of any publicly traded company, and now perhaps the CEO whose business suffered the largest hack of all time. All records set within the past 30 days. 

image.thumb.png.75dd3cdd63c1be51f14a050d50326f3f.png

Already under elevated regulatory scrutiny since its purchase by Elon Musk, Twitter could be facing even more government oversight after the records of 235 million accounts and the emails connected to them have surfaced on an online forum.

The leak sets “the stage for anonymous handles to be linked to real-world identities,” my colleague Joseph Menn reports.

editing to add the rest of the article

Meanwhile at Twitter HQ.

On Fire Help GIF by ADWEEK

• Hook 'Em 2

42 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I know this is old news, but the fact that nothing works at Twitter and now they’re getting hacked reminds me that Elon really is a faux engineer who thought Twitter as a business needed to be fixed by …  coding better.  And he didn’t even know what he meant by that.

He’s just the man you want in charge of companies that are selling self-driving cars, rocket launches, and tunneling under major cities!

no, no not JUST coding better

rewriting the entire code base and starting the stack from scratch.

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

That's the first thing I'd do; drag them into my legal morass from years ago. The mind reels.

The bro who tried and tried to get out of a written, iron clad contract to purchase twitter has an interesting take about the Saudi Investment Fund's decision to not involve itself with Musk's take-Tesla-private dream.

image.thumb.png.b561ae248e06d2f61583e4da7cdff46f.png

"'Definitely interested' - that was a commitment, dammit!" Elron Musk.

This next paragraph though is probably my favorite part of the article. Elron thinks he's a mafia boss. 

image.thumb.png.a0cee8ae7fd923683929766e90864871.png

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

The bro who tried and tried to get out of a written, iron clad contract to purchase twitter has an interesting take about the Saudi Investment Fund's decision to not involve itself with Musk's take-Tesla-private dream.

image.thumb.png.b561ae248e06d2f61583e4da7cdff46f.png

"'Definitely interested' - that was a commitment, dammit!" Elron Musk.

This next paragraph though is probably my favorite part of the article. Elron thinks he's a mafia boss. 

image.thumb.png.a0cee8ae7fd923683929766e90864871.png

That’s a pretty boss response. I can’t wait to read how Elon pwnt him. 

• Haha 1

On Monday night there was a football game that stopped short because a player was injured on the field. The video was shared on every social media platform, the story was everywhere just minutes after it happened. Twitter gives tons of exposure to the most awful accounts, like a handful of people who try to trick others into retweeting and reacting to them. Hot take artists, Hack doctors, political people who made veiled references to vaccine denial. Those are the people who were the "winners" on twitter over the past couple days. One of the big accounts had a couple million views in just a couple hours after the sports event. And this repeats every time something happens anywhere. Its an awful platform, the incentivizing structure, the exposure and views and retweets, the biggest gimmicks and scam artists wind up rising to the top.

The social network has a big problem with young people. I would go into it but younger people, especially ones with high internet iq or who understand what they read online, they just don't go to twitter.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

RE: legacy auto companies and electric vehicles.

I mean, I'm not in the market for this thing, but shit, this is quantum levels better than a damn Cybertruck.  And I get that there are some things on here that won't make production, but the end product will not be much different than this.  Seriously, Elon's vaportruck vs. this?  And Elon started with a clean sheet of paper, just as Ram did with their all-electric offering?  

CN023_031RM-1440x810.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 2

@Francisco 2.0 I forgot about the cyber truck. If Tesla positioned it as a concept car (truck) and wanted to sell 10,000 of them, it could be successful. But they missed their window to get it to the market to corner it.

Take Tesla's battery tech/know-how and drop it into that Dodge truck and you would have a winner.

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

@Francisco 2.0 I forgot about the cyber truck. If Tesla positioned it as a concept car (truck) and wanted to sell 10,000 of them, it could be successful. But they missed their window to get it to the market to corner it.

Take Tesla's battery tech/know-how and drop it into that Dodge truck and you would have a winner.

I think the cyber truck's announcement was a perfect encapsulation of it's sales pitch lol. Pretty limp, already below expectations and the butt of many jokes. Shit, the "unbreakable windows" got memed on for literal years lol.

It's interesting to look at the totality of musk's projects and realize that he abandons most things and really has just his two or three actually successful ventures. Sure, he's been able to inflate his valuation by playing with the twatterz and memeing real good, but it's just smoke and mirrors

Edited by Captainant

Has it be reported how Elon obtained the money for Twitter, within a degree of certainty? I would think his ownership stakes in Tesla and/or SpaceX have to be part of the picture. It would seem like he has or will face a margin call if Tesla stock is the collateral.  I assume that idea comes into play with each drop in the TSLA price.

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Has it be reported how Elon obtained the money for Twitter, within a degree of certainty? I would think his ownership stakes in Tesla and/or SpaceX have to be part of the picture. It would seem like he has or will face a margin call if Tesla stock is the collateral.  I assume that idea comes into play with each drop in the TSLA price.

record rights GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I mean, I'm not in the market for this thing, but shit, this is quantum levels better than a damn Cybertruck.  And I get that there are some things on here that won't make production, but the end product will not be much different than this.  Seriously, Elon's vaportruck vs. this?  And Elon started with a clean sheet of paper, just as Ram did with their all-electric offering?  

CN023_031RM-1440x810.jpg

24 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

i saw someone say that TSLA created a truck for people who don't own or use trucks for work/personal. i can't find the tweet thread i read about it but there are a ton of issues with it that other trucks don't have

the issue there is that is a much smaller market than just creating a truck for everyone who uses it for work/personal and dropping in technology. look at what has happened with the Ford Maverick and the Lightning. sold like crazy. it's a real market and there are people who want it for sure. if you want a wildass truck go with the rivian. if you want something that looks like absolute trash - the the cybertruck is for you!

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

He apparently replaced the plan to obtain financing from loans against his stock by selling some of his tesla stock instead and using that money in the deal. Also he obtained some private investor $$, and loans against the Twitter's business. But there is a mystery of why he's been selling his own tesla stock.

18 minutes ago, Chopper said:

He apparently replaced the plan to obtain financing from loans against his stock by selling some of his tesla stock instead and using that money in the deal. Also he obtained some private investor $$, and loans against the Twitter's business. But there is a mystery of why he's been selling his own tesla stock.

it's no mystery. he knows it's super over priced and that he has to sell it to convert money on paper to money in a bank account. the only question is why he doesn't have a schedule in place ahead of time to sell it so he can sell without scaring the hell out of other investors.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, NoName said:

i saw someone say that TSLA created a truck for people who don't own or use trucks for work/personal. i can't find the tweet thread i read about it but there are a ton of issues with it that other trucks don't have

So why not just get one of these?

1984 Subaru Brat | W68 | Indy 2022

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, texasdago said:

A friend was looking to buy one of those used many years ago.  He goes to meet the guy selling it, who is extolling the Brat's many features.  The center of the steering wheel had a plastic disc with a logo, but it could be removed, and had a hollow spot behind it.  Seller pitches that feature, saying "and it's a great place to stash your weed."  I mean...he wasn't wrong.

Elon should put a similar feature in the Tesla truck.  Couldn't hurt.

On Monday night there was a football game that stopped short because a player was injured on the field. The video was shared on every social media platform, the story was everywhere just minutes after it happened. Twitter gives tons of exposure to the most awful accounts, like a handful of people who try to trick others into retweeting and reacting to them. Hot take artists, Hack doctors, political people who made veiled references to vaccine denial. Those are the people who were the "winners" on twitter over the past couple days. One of the big accounts had a couple million views in just a couple hours after the sports event. And this repeats every time something happens anywhere. Its an awful platform, the incentivizing structure, the exposure and views and retweets, the biggest gimmicks and scam artists wind up rising to the top.

The social network has a big problem with young people. I would go into it but younger people, especially ones with high internet iq or who understand what they read online, they just don't go to twitter.

Yet, sadly, all votes count the same.

4 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Unless Ford's battery tech is way behind everyone else, an electric truck isn't an option right now for anyone that tows a trailer.  Their range while under even light loads is drastically diminished.  

I'm guessing e-pickups are for the dudes who don't tow or haul anything but their own asses in their big-ass trucks.  It's I surprisingly large market.

CN023_031RM-1440x810.jpg

The Fast Lane did a walk through of the prototype.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, dcbc said:

I'm guessing e-pickups are for the dudes who don't tow or haul anything but their own asses in their big-ass trucks.  It's I surprisingly large market.

There’s a huge number of suburban moms driving spotless F250s on lifts that have never towed a thing. Not sure an electric truck has the same bravado. Where do you even put the truck nuts?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

There’s a huge number of suburban moms driving spotless F250s on lifts that have never towed a thing. Not sure an electric truck has the same bravado. Where do you even put the truck nuts?

Yeah I doubt brodozers are going to get much satisfaction with electric trucks.  I was 100% convinced a lightning would be my next vehicle because I'm just a weekend warrior towing a boat to the lake.  The range under load just isn't there yet, which is apparently the same issue that the tesla semi buyers are finding out.

In their current state, I don't really know why anyone would buy an electric truck.  Unless they prefer paying a premium just to have something different.  The way this country goes through vehicles, most would likely trade in theirs prior to breaking even from the premium price.  I'm not factoring in any tax credits though.  Those probably wipe out my assumptions.  Electric sedans make a lot more sense to me.

5 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Yeah I doubt brodozers are going to get much satisfaction with electric trucks.  I was 100% convinced a lightning would be my next vehicle because I'm just a weekend warrior towing a boat to the lake.  The range under load just isn't there yet, which is apparently the same issue that the tesla semi buyers are finding out.

In their current state, I don't really know why anyone would buy an electric truck.  Unless they prefer paying a premium just to have something different.  The way this country goes through vehicles, most would likely trade in theirs prior to breaking even from the premium price.  I'm not factoring in any tax credits though.  Those probably wipe out my assumptions.  Electric sedans make a lot more sense to me.

Yep.  I'm not really in the market for a new set of wheels, but I looked at the Lightning as a possibility.  Bottom line: when it comes to a heavy duty vehicle of any sort (that is, something that will carry/haul heavy loads, go offroad, be used in remote places, etc), all-electric just isn't a viable option.  Electric engines are awesome -- great acceleration, amazing torque.  They just suck more energy than can be provided with on-board power sources right now, at least in the situations I laid out.  Some sort of very efficient hybrid is the best option in the near term.  I'm absolutely willing to spend a chunk more to reduce my environmental footprint, and would rather have a cooler all-electric engine, but need something that can run on gasoline when needed because I can't charge a truck when I'm out in the sticks, and I don't want to stop to charge it 3 times as I haul a boat to the coast.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, NoName said:

it's no mystery. he knows it's super over priced and that he has to sell it to convert money on paper to money in a bank account. the only question is why he doesn't have a schedule in place ahead of time to sell it so he can sell without scaring the hell out of other investors.

That would require some forethought, planning, etc.  Obviously, given the entire Twitter debacle, we can conclude that Elon doesn't have all of that.  He's not playing 4D chess here.

And with the bank he has, he could have financial folks recommending this, but who am I kidding, Elon would just laugh at their recommendations and do whatever he wanted, because he smrt.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

A friend was looking to buy one of those used many years ago.  He goes to meet the guy selling it, who is extolling the Brat's many features.  The center of the steering wheel had a plastic disc with a logo, but it could be removed, and had a hollow spot behind it.  Seller pitches that feature, saying "and it's a great place to stash your weed."  I mean...he wasn't wrong.

Elon should put a similar feature in the Tesla truck.  Couldn't hurt.

Elon Musk Weed GIF - Elon Musk Weed Fuck It - Discover ...

In their current state, I don't really know why anyone would buy an electric truck. 

There are plenty of reasons. I will never tow but I do need a truck bed often to get lumber, carry 4 bikes, carry camping gear, etc. I’d never break 500 pounds of cargo so an electric truck would be just fine for my needs.
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, dcbc said:

That's me.  As long as I can throw some mulch in the back or our bikes or random lumber we need it's perfect for me.

I know there's a stigma around suburban dads and trucks but they're incredibly practical. You don't have to haul a livestock trailer or work in the trades to find a use for a fullsize truck.

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

There are plenty of reasons. I will never tow but I do need a truck bed often to get lumber, carry 4 bikes, carry camping gear, etc. I’d never break 500 pounds of cargo so an electric truck would be just fine for my needs.

I meant fiscally.  Yeah I get that people don't travel long distances or haul anything heavy so it would work for them, but so do cheaper ICE trucks.  The breakeven point from gas/service savings is going to require a lot of miles.  Unless you significantly value the reduced carbon footprint.  

The electric trucks already weigh 4 or 5 thousand pounds more than their ICE counterparts. That's how much battery is required just to move the vehicle.

3 hours ago, NoName said:

Well, that's what I mean about mystery. Not having a sale schedule in place only drives the price down further. And makes the bod look even more like the worthless, enabling fucks they are, (edit) and will eventually lead to them and him getting their asses tossed sooner rather than later, and provide valuable ammunition in shareholder lawsuits against elron's fraudulent ass. 

Edited by Chopper

12 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I meant fiscally.  Yeah I get that people don't travel long distances or haul anything heavy so it would work for them, but so do cheaper ICE trucks.  The breakeven point from gas/service savings is going to require a lot of miles.  Unless you significantly value the reduced carbon footprint.  

The criticism about being a truck drivers who doesn't... frequently have large pallets dropped in slow motion into the bed in a muddy field while I wear a hardhat and hold a clipboard and point knowingly at the horizon while talking to a group of subordinates. Literally the only thing I care about that at all is the carbon footprint stuff. Why would I care about anything else when it comes to having more vehicle than I actually need? I drive a vanilla F150 most often between my house and my office. I like that when we moved I was able to haul a trailer of our stuff that wasn't going into storage, I enjoyed picking up a shit ton of tile from Home Depot in my truck, I very much enjoy being able to occasionally move large objects or dirty objects etc., I like a spacious comfortable environment for a daily driver. The only thing I don't like about driving a truck is the carbon footprint.

The cross country trailer haul wouldn't work with the e-truck, but I could see a world where one of those would be right in my wheelhouse when I decide to replace the current truck.

2 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

The criticism about being a truck drivers who doesn't... frequently have large pallets dropped in slow motion into the bed in a muddy field while I wear a hardhat and hold a clipboard and point knowingly at the horizon while talking to a group of subordinates. Literally the only thing I care about that at all is the carbon footprint stuff. Why would I care about anything else when it comes to having more vehicle than I actually need? I drive a vanilla F150 most often between my house and my office. I like that when we moved I was able to haul a trailer of our stuff that wasn't going into storage, I enjoyed picking up a shit ton of tile from Home Depot in my truck, I very much enjoy being able to occasionally move large objects or dirty objects etc., I like a spacious comfortable environment for a daily driver. The only thing I don't like about driving a truck is the carbon footprint.

The cross country trailer haul wouldn't work with the e-truck, but I could see a world where one of those would be right in my wheelhouse when I decide to replace the current truck.

I'm not criticizing anyone that doesn't do "truck" things in their truck.  My criticism is they're priced in the luxury vehicle range, and they still have deficiencies for those that might want to haul a boat to the lake.   They'll for sure get there eventually, but I'm not ready to shell out an additional 20-30k over a similarly equipped ICE F150 to reduce my carbon footprint.  I care about the environment, but I'm certainly no 1%er.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I'm not criticizing anyone that doesn't do "truck" things in their truck.  My criticism is they're priced in the luxury vehicle range, and they still have deficiencies for those that might want to haul a boat to the lake.   They'll for sure get there eventually, but I'm not ready to shell out an additional 20-30k over a similarly equipped ICE F150 to reduce my carbon footprint.  I care about the environment, but I'm certainly no 1%er.

Very fair criticism. I drive a pick up truck, because I too am a Texas man who might or might not sell propane and propane accessories, and have been trying to buy a Ford Lightning for years. Mainly for the novelty but also because it's cool so why not. The problem?

I put a deposit down 2 years ago, been losing the lottery as demand swelled and supply was tiny, and now the price is up literally 40% from the MSRP when I initially wanted to buy. With it's limitations and the price now, it doesn't make sense to pull the trigger even though it looks like I'm finally on deck in 2023's batch according to an email I got in November.

So now I'll probably get my fully refundable deposit back and buy the cheaper Dodge one at some point.

Edited by HamsterHookah

5 hours ago, NoName said:

the issue there is that is a much smaller market than just creating a truck for everyone who uses it for work/personal and dropping in technology. look at what has happened with the Ford Maverick and the Lightning. sold like crazy. it's a real market and there are people who want it for sure. if you want a wildass truck go with the rivian. if you want something that looks like absolute trash - the the cybertruck is for you!

He could have his designers create a Subaru Brat-style body or an old-school 1990s Ford Ranger-sized body, or even a Honda Element-like body and drop it on a Tesla chassis and plenty of us would buy it, as would plenty of companies within urban areas that need a light delivery vehicle.  And when I saw Brat or 1990s Ranger, I mean a single cab that holds 2-3 people, not that dual-cab bullshit that eats into the truck bed/cargo area.

4 hours ago, texasdago said:

1980s kid me wanted one of these so fucking bad.  Closest I came was a Tamiya 1/10 RC version.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

He could have his designers create a Subaru Brat-style body or an old-school 1990s Ford Ranger-sized body, or even a Honda Element-like body and drop it on a Tesla chassis and plenty of us would buy it, as would plenty of companies within urban areas that need a light delivery vehicle.  And when I saw Brat or 1990s Ranger, I mean a single cab that holds 2-3 people, not that dual-cab bullshit that eats into the truck bed/cargo area.

1980s kid me wanted one of these so fucking bad.  Closest I came was a Tamiya 1/10 RC version.

Dude I think I remember those models... or one of the plastic glue together kits.

Medium-to-Long distance towing is not going to be a strength for an all-electric pickup, for a while.  Probably a VERY long while. Battery technology just doesn't advance that quickly, compared to many other electrical/electronic technologies.

But I could see some decent fleet applications for an all-electric pickup.  Pool-cleaning companies with many vehicles, lawn service companies with many vehicles, pest control companies with many vehicles, that sort of thing.  They tend to put a lot of miles on their vehicles but it's all in the city, during the day, so they'd have time to recharge their fleets overnight. 

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?