Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

Gave a friend my Elon biography that I read a few years back.  He gave it back to me today.  

"Did you read it?"

"Nah.  Don't need it now since he's become a complete douche."

This is a guy who listens to Joe Rogan too.  Though we have roundly criticized him for it.  Perhaps he is learning?

On 1/31/2023 at 1:19 PM, HamsterHookah said:

In other news, I for one was not surprised he made the $300M payment. He is free to mess around but when it comes to the banks they will keep him in line, I think.

Further, it appears that Tesla stock has been roaring back. I don't know why or how, but the market is irrational. 

One of my favorite quotes

If you owe the bank $100 that's your problem. If you owe the bank $100 million, that's the bank's problem.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Your choices of what Elon is:

1 - a fucking moron

2 - an evil POS

3 - both

That's it.  Those are the choices.   There is no other alternative choice.

At this point, I'm not sure he's not smart enough to be an evil POS.  His actions, his thoughts and opinions, they don't seem to be formed out of some malice, they seem driven out of some craven desire to be accepted by somebody on the internet, to get some likes from a group of people.  I'm wondering if his "tech bros" (not the idiots that follow him now, but his peers in the 90s and 2000s) never accepted him and/or mocked him, etc.

2 hours ago, chainsaw said:

I love these galaxy brain "actually Russia is winning" guys

Easy to fool some people, harder to convince them that they've been fooled.

In that aspect, he's just like my Qanon in-law.  She did well in high school, went to UT, did well in bio/chem, then started switching majors because she was basically a trust-fund baby and didn't want to graduate.  At some point she showed some intelligence.  Now she buys everything the Russian government churns out through RT, zerohedge, etc. and yells at us to "do your own research" but when it's pointed out she's wrong with overwhelming evidence, she pulls the "I don't think I'm wrong, but I haven't looked into that yet".

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

But he's a visionary genius, or somesuch.

https://www.theinformation.com/articles/musks-twitter-has-just-180-000-u-s-subscribers-two-months-after-launch

Around 180,000 people in the U.S. were paying for subscriptions to Twitter, including Twitter Blue, as of mid-January, or less than 0.2% of monthly active users, according to a document viewed by The Information. The tiny number signals the challenge Elon Musk faces in turning the subscription product into a major source of revenue.

The U.S. number is about 62% of Twitter’s global subscriber total, the document says, which implies Twitter has 290,000 global subscribers. Twitter is charging $8 a month for Blue Verified on the web and $11 a month for those who sign up via Apple’s iOS, although Apple keeps 30% of that fee.

All together, the global number of subscribers would equate to around $28 million in annual revenue — less than 1% of the $3 billion Musk has said Twitter aims to make in revenue this year. In November, days after assuming control of Twitter, Musk told his new employees he wanted half the company’s revenue to come from subscriptions.

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, Bookman said:

I use Twitter every day but I don't know why I would pay for it.

Ultimately, I believe that is where Elon is headed.  He's already discussed this internally.  You want to use Twitter?  You are paying $8.  You want no ads, more personalization, etc?  That will run $20 or more.

Any CEO that would greenlight a $15,000 price tag for beta software for their cars will have no qualms about charging for a formerly free service.  They only reason he hasn't done so yet is because of some internal survey or something that shows people will quit Twitter en masse.  He is banking that enough "improvements" will roll out over the next year to justify the ticket price each month.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Ultimately, I believe that is where Elon is headed.  He's already discussed this internally.  You want to use Twitter?  You are paying $8.  You want no ads, more personalization, etc?  That will run $20 or more.

Any CEO that would greenlight a $15,000 price tag for beta software for their cars will have no qualms about charging for a formerly free service.  They only reason he hasn't done so yet is because of some internal survey or something that shows people will quit Twitter en masse.  He is banking that enough "improvements" will roll out over the next year to justify the ticket price each month.

yeah, it's a lose-lose to put it all behind a paywall.

• users run to anywhere else, your data goes to shit as a result
  • you can't get anyone to pay for your API
  • advertisers are paying much, much less now considering how many fewer eyes exist
  • you see a bunch of articles for the rest of time showing how "TWTR went from 350m users worldwide to 6" and you become even more of a laughingstock.

before they nuked the third party API for apps, i used Twitter a ton. i would laugh at them if they tried to paywall the whole site and never use it again.

40 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Wow. She has a degree in astrophysics. She’s rich. She played lead guitar in a heavy metal band. She was a model (albeit goth clothes).

Still, she's talking about a dumb computer that runs on algorithms, and that would never have to make the type of decision being described. From the point of view of the people who programmed the damn thing, I'm going to go with, there's a very high likelihood why they wouldn't want it to spit out racial slurs. She and elron are both dumb cunts.

edit: "mommy the mean machine won't say the n-word. waaaaaaah." Those whining fucks will cry about anything and everything.

Edited by Chopper
  • Like 1

0.2% monetized users lol

1% of revenue! the stated goal was 50% from subscriptions lololol!

god 0.2% of monetized users has me cracking up over here. i saw the 180k users info but 0.2%! he could have done literally anything and increased those paying for it to 0.2% lol

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Wow. She has a degree in astrophysics. She’s rich. She played lead guitar in a heavy metal band. She was a model (albeit goth clothes).

I Love You Flirt GIF

I can’t get on board with someone who credulously uses the word “woke” or someone who sees a problem with an AI program not using racial slurs. It’s just so dumb. I’m mad I had to read about it 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I can’t get on board with someone who credulously uses the word “woke” or someone who sees a problem with an AI program not using racial slurs. It’s just so dumb. I’m mad I had to read about it 

Y’all act like you were going to sit around and have deep conversations with her.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

Still, she's talking about a dumb computer that runs on algorithms, and that would never have to make the type of decision being described. From the point of view of the people who programmed the damn thing, I'm going to go with, there's a very high likelihood why they wouldn't want it to spit out racial slurs. She and elron are both dumb cunts.

edit: "mommy the mean machine won't say the n-word. waaaaaaah." Those whining fucks will cry about anything and everything.

This is a very pre-Butlerian Jihad perspective.

• Haha 2

At least they are honest about deciding to give the fucking Qanon idiots, Holocaust deniers, etc. a big platform.

And I'm guessing they are going to give Russia equal opportunities to spew their bullshit as well.  Hell, Elon has already been doing it.

Meanwhile, their API changes and decisions to try and charge 3rd parties access to the APIs, etc., is leading to stuff like this - Microsoft/Blizzard/Activision removing the twitter functionality from their games.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/twitter-integration-to-be-removed-from-world-of-warcraft-blizzard-bluepost-331361

Now I doubt it was used all that much, but if a company that big is saying they'll pass on something that could promote their games....not a good look.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

What I take from this is that Space Karen Holmes Musk is pro-Russian propaganda, esp. if they pay him $2k per month for every account bot.

Also, the thread Holmes Musk links to makes zero sense and manages to rely extensively on quotes from an ex Twitter employee who about the same time frame was fired by Space Karen and targeted with threats for being unreliable, a pedo and a groomer.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Chopper said:

What I take from this is that Space Karen Holmes Musk is pro-Russian propaganda, esp. if they pay him $2k per month for every account bot.

What I take from this is that he’s many billions of dollars and a shitty leech of a boyfriend away from being my Qanon sis-in-law

Any day now, somebody is going to lure him into saying that he’s not sure if the Holocaust really happened the way “they” say it happened, because he wasn’t there and he hasn’t done any research on it.

He’s got to be so fucking bitter that he spent $44 billion on Twitter, and nobody that mattered gave a shit about the Twitter files bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

This. I predict there is going to be a massive movement rejecting these poisons in an effort to effort to regain control of our collective consciousness.

The rise of the collective consciousness has been the problem. We need to regain control of our individual consciousness.

• Fuck You 1

14 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

This. I predict there is going to be a massive movement rejecting these poisons in an effort to effort to regain control of our collective consciousness.

2 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Delete Twitter/FB/Instagram/TikTok and take your lives back. 

The funny part in all of this is that the federal government could provide Twitter with a huge market share win if they finally go through with the eventual ban of tiktok. Twitter still owns Vine and Vine is in essence the same conceptual platform as tiktok. 

The real question is going to be as we see some force attrition of viable social media options will user just walk away from social media (and the addictive endorphins that they provide) or just migrate to a new platform instead to keep getting that fix..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

You think folks are living their lives with any sort of consciousness or intentionality?

Our phones are fucking evil.

1000000% agree.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/gen-z-embraces-dumb-flip-phones-a-smarter-life-hack-than-youd-think/

Edited by HamsterHookah

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?