Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

4 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

We haven’t seen much in the way of longer term, cogent strategy,” one employee said. “Most of our time is dedicated to three main areas: putting out fires (mostly caused by firing the wrong people and trying to recover from that), performing impossible tasks, and ‘improving efficiency’ without clear guidelines of what the expected end results are. We mostly move from dumpster fire to dumpster fire, from my perspective.”

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Any of y’all read Kitchen Confidential, the book Bourdain wrote that started his career outside the kitchen?  In it he talks about the death throes of a restaurant…closing on Mondays, wild menu changes, bringing in consultants, etc.  

These potential tweet limits reminded me of that.  I work on a team that manages a $9M Azure sub, and our customers wouldn’t tolerate sudden restrictions like that…you gotta squeeze efficiencies out of your core while easing the users into new governance.  

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Any of y’all read Kitchen Confidential, the book Bourdain wrote that started his career outside the kitchen?  In it he talks about the death throes of a restaurant…closing on Mondays, wild menu changes, bringing in consultants, etc.  

These potential tweet limits reminded me of that.  I work on a team that manages a $9M Azure sub, and our customers wouldn’t tolerate sudden restrictions like that…you gotta squeeze efficiencies out of your core while easing the users into new governance.  

It ought to be required reading. 

Never ever get the fish special on a Tuesday.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

He paid $44B for it. The site maybe is worth $5B on a good day. 

He might have possibly gotten to the break even point. But, no he is the smartest smarty ever so it had to be fixed. 

And by fixed I mean hit with a ham fisted approach with an eye on elimination of dissenting voices.

But, he got access to her DMs so he's winning.

4 hours ago, mchookem said:

i feel for the employees. morale completely in the gutter. compared to how many of them probably felt about their life/career a year ago...man, that's like clinical depression inducing. 

What's got to drive them crazy, putting aside him screwing up their lives, is that to this day, he still does not understand that twitter advertisers are the customers and twitter users are the product.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Since we're ok with letting foreign countries kidnap and butcher foreign nationals who reside in the United States when they're traveling overseas, Ukraine might consider something similar if Elon leaves the country. 

Just denaturalize his bitch ass and deport him.

God, living in the Age of the Toddler Kings sucks.

• Hook 'Em 7

2 hours ago, flatdawgs said:

Just denaturalize his bitch ass and deport him.

God, living in the Age of the Toddler Kings sucks.

Seriously, and I remember saying years ago what a con artist pos this guy was, and catching all kinds of shit for it ebcause 'He's a visionary genius'. PT Barnbum continues to be proven right over and over, 24/7/365.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, NoName said:

not that i have any skin in the game, but if i am an advertiser i am absolutely pushing back about impressions and asking some serious questions.

There's a reckoning coming for online ad platforms like Twitter and Facebook and Google that have been goosing their impression numbers, and/or knowingly including bot activity in the impression counts that they charge their customers for

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, wood said:

Seriously, and I remember saying years ago what a con artist pos this guy was, and catching all kinds of shit for it ebcause 'He's a visionary genius'. PT Barnbum continues to be proven right over and over, 24/7/365.

A couple of us dads have setup some older computers for our kids it run as their Minecraft Java servers.  Our kids will spend a week or two discussing who will be playing, who will have admin/creative powers, what version of Minecraft Java they will deploy on it (a few older versions are preferred for whatever reasons that our kids have) and then they’ll spend another week or two discussing what mods they plan on installing and whether they have to tinker (hack as they say) with the version of Minecraft they are going to deploy.  And they’ll watch hours of YouTube for info on whatever it is they are setting up.

These are 9, 10, and 11 year olds.

They put more thought into the technical setup of their Minecraft games than Musk does for Twitter.

prove me wrong gordon ramsay GIF by MasterChef Junior

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, NoName said:

if anyone wants a good chuckle:

That is some lazy designer who scribbled something on a napkin because they were pressed for time, and they are also trying to make it as cheap as possible in terms of assembly.  Which makes you wonder why it’s not on the road yet.

Meanwhile, Ford is going to be pumping these out (and Rivian has a healthy backlog for its trucks)

613a27262534ab0018537c83?width=2000&form

Oh, and Subaru is jumping into the EV game with their $45,000 SUV, that will attract plenty of the eco-types who love their Subarus.

Subaru Soltera

23_SOL_gallery_2?$1100w$

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

He paid $44B for it. The site maybe is worth $5B on a good day. 

I’m not saying this for you, specifically, but people talk like he threw down $44b in cash. He financed the purchase with a lot of crippling debt and he brought in other investors too. You’re right about valuation though. 

I don’t understand the desperate need for attention he has. If I was worth a fraction of his money you’d never see or hear from me. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I’m not saying this for you, specifically, but people talk like he threw down $44b in cash. He financed the purchase with a lot of crippling debt and he brought in other investors too. You’re right about valuation though. 

I don’t understand the desperate need for attention he has. If I was worth a fraction of his money you’d never see or hear from me. 

I'd disappear so thoroughly that my existence would be at the level of myth beyond immediate family and friends. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NoName said:

if anyone wants a good chuckle:

Is this new version of the Aztek any closer to production? How delayed is at this point? It will be very interesting to see how many deposits convert to actual orders when production does start since there are already multiple EV truck options in production.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Haven't heard shit about the tesla semi since the first one in the wild broke down. I can only conclude that means it's rolling off the assembly line at gangbuster speed and shredding it up on the interstates.

edit - I guess I forgot to turn on sarcasm mode. My bad.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Haven't heard shit about the tesla semi since the first one in the wild broke down. I can only conclude that means it's rolling off the assembly line at gangbuster speed and shredding it up on the interstates.

I think they realized that heavier cargo zapped the range pretty fast. 

On 2/8/2023 at 5:37 PM, Prepuce of Doom said:

I'm kind of surprised that a viable replacement hasn't crystallized yet - or perhaps I have missed the boat. 

Is there a good platform yet that allows the breadth and scope of pre-Elon Twitter? I want to get fart jokes and foreign policy and racecars and shitposting and BPT and everything else all in one place. Is that Mastodon? I haven't used it yet, but my general impression is that Mastodon is too polite and courteous to foster the kind Wild West/anything goes chaos that I prefer. 

i've looked at post a bit but I feel like it wants to be [serious] and doesn't welcome the internet fun that makes the internet the internet. i don't look at mastodon really. although now I just also don't look at twitter.

6 hours ago, Captainant said:

There's a reckoning coming for online ad platforms like Twitter and Facebook and Google that have been goosing their impression numbers, and/or knowingly including bot activity in the impression counts that they charge their customers for

smile-itysl.gif

2 hours ago, Royalfan5 said:

I think they realized that heavier cargo zapped the range pretty fast. 

depends on how you define "pretty fast" lol

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

i've looked at post a bit but I feel like it wants to be [serious] and doesn't welcome the internet fun that makes the internet the internet. i don't look at mastodon really. although now I just also don't look at twitter.

I think the "serious" people are the first ones there and comedians/sports personalities haven't made the switch yet because they're after eyeballs. Hopefully that will evolve because I overall I agree, it's pretty boring and there's not enough info there yet.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

It’s not the formatting that’s the problem but the long form itself. Just a dumb idea 

Not as dumb as people attempting to discuss a complex issue in 27 separate tweets , with each new tweet linked to the previous one (1/27,2/27, 3/27). That is a fucking beating.

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?