Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yep, Adams said all of the quiet parts out quite loudly, and on his own podcast or whatever, and it wasn't just a few seconds of "oopsy daisy, I misspoke" it was a couple of minutes of him getting an industrial strength backhoe and digging a really nice hole that he couldn't climb out of, and all the while that he was digging, he knew he was digging it.

He then took a break grabbed a coffee, came back and started digging again. The guy double and tripled down! It’s not even that you could misunderstand him!

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, South Austin said:

image.gif.c9e7942727c8ee564da91d0402fe8fb2.gif

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah.....no criticism here.  Staying up late and broadcasting fart noises is the most human and relatable thing that Elmo has ever done.  

Farts are funny.

I would like to state for the record that my impression of Elon was one of being cuckolded by David Lindhagen (Crazy Stupid Love). I would like to strike that and change my latest impression to Baron Bomburst from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. I should not be surprised that there are 179 pages devoted to a wealthy man child but here we are.

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - Classic Movies Image (5991932) - Fanpop

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Farts are funny.

Except to shareholders who are watching stock prices plummet while their company head is staying up late laughing at fart noises.  It's akin to getting your ass kicked in the middle of trial, and your client finds out you've been staying up all night laughing at fart noises.

Edited by South Austin
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah.....no criticism here.  Staying up late and broadcasting fart noises is the most human and relatable thing that Elmo has ever done.  

Farts are funny.

Strong disagree. This guy is supposed to be running three separate tech companies and is heralded (I think still) as a genius. It’s fucking stupid and I wouldn’t have even found it funny as a middle schooler 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Except to shareholders who are watching stock prices plummet while their company head is staying up late laughing at fart noises.  It's akin to getting your ass kicked in the middle of trial, and your client finds out you've been staying up all night laughing at fart noises.

Yeah, but see, that has NEVER happened.

That anyone knows of or can prove.

5 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Strong disagree. This guy is supposed to be running three separate tech companies and is heralded (I think still) as a genius. It’s fucking stupid and I wouldn’t have even found it funny as a middle schooler 

cough-coughing.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

image.png.b50c11590e41bb922dc2304636fce82c.png

• Hook 'Em 2

oopsie.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/elon-musk-faces-upwards-130-100000789.html

Twitter was at like 7500 employees and is now under 2000. that could be a LOT of individual arbitration cases.

The labor attorney Shannon Liss-Riordan told Insider she had already filed 1,300 individual arbitration cases from Twitter employees who were laid off not long after Musk took over the company last year, with more cases on the way. The former workers, laid off in November, say they were promised much better severance than what Musk finally offered them last month.

The full process of arbitration, which companies commonly require employees to agree to as a private alternative to more public litigation, typically costs about $100,000, according to several law firms. Arbitration costs are often the employer's burden, as employees often can't afford the high cost of what an employer is essentially forcing them to do.

+

"Twitter's employment agreement says these will be individually arbitrated, so that's what we're doing," Liss-Riordan said. "We're looking forward to the day when Elon Musk comes to his senses and realizes it's much cheaper to pay people what they are owed."

guess he doesn't understand the term "severance" - also the NLRB said that NDA/Non-disparagement clauses are in violation of the National Labor Relations Act so decent chance if it's upheld all (existing) clauses are invalidated both at TWTR and TSLA

Instead, Musk is offering laid-off workers one month of base pay as severance. He claimed publicly to have offered workers three months of severance, but he seems to have conflated it with a period of "non-working" employment thousands of workers were put into, during which they continued to be paid. State labor laws require companies to give certain notice periods for mass layoffs.

text:

Spoiler

Elon Musk faces upward of $130 million in legal costs to fight laid-off Twitter workers over severance pay

• Elon Musk last month offered thousands of laid-off Twitter workers a limited severance deal.

• Over 1,000 of the workers are now fighting for more through arbitration, a costly legal process.

• With many claims and more expected, Musk faces tens of millions of dollars in legal costs and fees.

Elon Musk has repeatedly said Twitter is teetering on the brink of financial ruin. Yet the cost of legal battles with well over 1,000 laid-off employees, who say they were promised better severance terms, could be enough to push it over the edge.

The labor attorney Shannon Liss-Riordan told Insider she had already filed 1,300 individual arbitration cases from Twitter employees who were laid off not long after Musk took over the company last year, with more cases on the way. The former workers, laid off in November, say they were promised much better severance than what Musk finally offered them last month.

The full process of arbitration, which companies commonly require employees to agree to as a private alternative to more public litigation, typically costs about $100,000, according to several law firms. Arbitration costs are often the employer's burden, as employees often can't afford the high cost of what an employer is essentially forcing them to do.

Given that, Musk could see upward of $130 million in costs to individually arbitrate the employee cases filed so far. The cost seems astronomical for Twitter, which Musk has already said is at risk of bankruptcy. He has continued cutting costs to the bone, trimming headcount to its smallest size in well over a decade, abruptly shutting down a major data server, and closing offices all over the world, in some cases after stopping rent payments.

"Twitter's employment agreement says these will be individually arbitrated, so that's what we're doing," Liss-Riordan said. "We're looking forward to the day when Elon Musk comes to his senses and realizes it's much cheaper to pay people what they are owed."

Some former employees are working with other lawyers, including Lisa Bloom of The Bloom Firm and Akiva Cohen of Kamerman, Uncyk, Soniker & Klein. In addition, laid-off Twitter employees also filed a handful of class-action lawsuits in federal court. These lawsuits make similar claims regarding severance for those going through arbitration, in addition to some claims of being in a protected class.

Generally, former employees say they were clearly and repeatedly promised by Twitter's previous management that, should they be laid off by Musk after he took over, they would receive severance "equal to or better than" two months of base pay, three months of stock vesting, a pro-rated bonus payout, and a cash contribution to cover ongoing health insurance. The promise was also included in the merger agreement between Musk and Twitter.

Instead, Musk is offering laid-off workers one month of base pay as severance. He claimed publicly to have offered workers three months of severance, but he seems to have conflated it with a period of "non-working" employment thousands of workers were put into, during which they continued to be paid. State labor laws require companies to give certain notice periods for mass layoffs.

To receive the single month of severance, former workers must sign a separation agreement, which waives their right to litigation or arbitration and any bonus or stock payout. It also effectively prohibits them from ever speaking about Musk, Twitter, or their experience at the company.

Thousands of workers chose not to sign it, as Insider reported, many having already consulted with lawyers regarding what to do when the severance agreements finally came.

In any case, a new decision from the National Labor Relations Board found that nondisclosure and non-disparagement clauses frequently included in severance agreements — like those given to laid-off Twitter workers — were in violation of the National Labor Relations Act.

Should federal courts uphold the decision, it would effectively invalidate all such clauses from severance agreements. Even those relatively few Twitter workers who signed off on Musk's severance agreement could speak freely about the company going forward.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 2/28/2023 at 12:53 PM, Not that Bob said:

I applaud the work that this landowner is doing it.  However, it strikes me that he faces long odds if the regulatory agencies won't aggressively enforce rules and regulations.  If ultimately, Greg Abbott wants Elon Musk business here in Texas, it strikes me that the portfolio of Musk companies will be able to get away with most rule-breaking.

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, swraith said:

I applaud the work that this landowner is doing it.  However, it strikes me that he faces long odds if the regulatory agencies won't aggressively enforce rules and regulations.  If ultimately, Greg Abbott wants Elon Musk business here in Texas, it strikes me that the portfolio of Musk companies will be able to get away with most rule-breaking.

Texas regulatory agencies have been flaccid since long before Greg Abbott. 

• Hook 'Em 1

OK y'all... buddy of mine is in town from Houston for the Tesla Investor Day.  We're going to catch up later... he had asked me if I wanted to meet at some Tesla bro meet up at Clive Bar on Rainey to which I said, "nah, I'm good" BUT I am going to meet up with him in the general vicinity.  I'll let you know what Teslashenanigans and "Tesbros" I see.

classic-dad-hat-black-right-front-613e6b36f4026_5000x.jpg?v=1631480636 

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, texasdago said:

OK y'all... buddy of mine is in town from Houston for the Tesla Investor Day.  We're going to catch up later... he had asked me if I wanted to meet at some Tesla bro meet up at Clive Bar on Rainey to which I said, "nah, I'm good" BUT I am going to meet up with him in the general vicinity.  I'll let you know what Teslashenanigans and "Tesbros" I see.

You need more friends.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

This has to be the work of "Your memegame is strong" guy.  If it isn't, then it's the work of someone else who would gladly take his place:

I have NEVER understood the compulsion to eagerly fellate a billionaire with fawning praise.  Is the game that they think that if they slurp his balls hard enough, he'll drop a coupla million bucks there way?  Because I can respect good old fashioned whoring, but prostitutes are uniformly 1000X smarter than Tesla bros, because they get the money up front, BEFORE they blow you.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, texasdago said:

watch yourself around the bros, don't get roofied and end up in Town Lake!

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

17 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

This has to be the work of "Your memegame is strong" guy.  If it isn't, then it's the work of someone else who would gladly take his place:

Even the most loyal bros aren’t going to actually buy this thing right? I can’t imagine any level of worship that would motivate someone to be caught driving this oversized Lego around town. I’m still convinced it’s a joke, or the simulation is glitching. Also, I’m of the generation the the word “cyber” means sex, i.e., “wanna cyber?”

32 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Even the most loyal bros….Also, I’m of the generation the the word “cyber” means sex, i.e., “wanna cyber?”

Guess it’s a good thing Elon has all those “buckle-bros” at his rodeo in Austin then. 

They can all just get together and “giga”. Win-win. 

NTTAWWT

So apparently he didn't announce any new products, no new Tesla models, nothing firm on the truck, and just spoke in his general vague monologues about the future of humanity.

I'd laugh if people flew in thinking they'd heard about some spiffy new Tesla, only to hear him ramble about humanity and future energy needs.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, royiv said:

It's 11p. At what point do we worry that he hasn't checked-in?

Well, I made it.  I learned two things:

1. My buddy thinks everything Tesla is doing is perfect and they're the best at everything and they're brilliantly safer than any other car and will eventually be the best selling car in the world because Elon

2. I walked past a parked Tesla and noticed the door was wonky and not lined up properly.  I didn't realize this was an issue with Teslas until recently when my neighbor bought one and he said his panels and front headlight were kind of off.  Quality control.

That and I told him about the review that the cyber truck looks like an out of place paper towel dispenser.  He said it's not for everyone.

Dumb And Dumber GIF

• Haha 3

So apparently he didn't announce any new products, no new Tesla models,

To be fair, his only plan was to spell out S3XY with 4 models. There was no plan past that. The faltering development of the Cybertuck and the lack of an improvement roadmap for those 4 models shows that.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Tesla Inc. shares dropped more than 5% in the extended session Wednesday after the electric-vehicle maker teased a “next generation” electric-vehicle platform but stopped short of unveiling many details in a much-hyped event.

At the end of a four-hour investor day presentation, Chief Executive Elon Musk sidestepped a question that sought details about the new vehicles’ performance and looks, the prototype timeline, and whether Tesla would start making them at an existing factory before moving production to its future Mexico factory, as it intends to do.

Here's hoping he moves to Mexico when he opens the new Tesla factory down there.

“We will have a proper sort of product event, but it would be jumping the gun if we answer your questions [now],” Musk said, before asking for other questions from an audience of mostly Wall Street analysts.

Tesla’s stock TSLA, -5.17% had advanced right after the closing bell, having ended the regular trading day down 1.4%. The stock then saw losses accelerate as the event in Austin, Texas, progressed.

Tesla had to “fully rethink” the manufacturing process with the goal of improving assembly and making EVs faster and more cheaply, and with a smaller powertrain and lighter weight, executives said. The promised more affordable next-generation EV platform could be the base for more than one vehicle, they said.

Most of the presentation was dedicated to highlighting Tesla’s technological prowess and airing global aspirations toward electrification and sustainability.

At the start, Musk told the audience that he envisioned an investor day not just for Tesla shareholders but for “anyone invested in Earth,” adding that he wanted to offer “hope and optimism based on actual physics and calculations.”

“There’s a clear path toward sustainable energy” that doesn’t require destroying natural habitats or austerity, combining energy storage, EVs and other aspects of electrification, Musk said.

Vine Ok GIF

Kirkhorn did not provide long-term financial targets, a common offering during investor-day presentations, and the live stream carried on the Musk-owned Twitter platform stopped during his presentation as it reached a three-hour time limit.

Tesla then opened another live stream to air the executives taking questions from the audience.

Mothers Day Lol GIF by reactionseditor

“Probably the most exciting announcement of the day is that we’re going to be building a gigafactory in Mexico,” Musk said at the beginning of the question-and-answer session after the scheduled presentation. The next-generation vehicles would be made there.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

To be fair, his only plan was to spell out S3XY with 4 models. There was no plan past that. The faltering development of the Cybertuck and the lack of an improvement roadmap for those 4 models shows that.

OMG, I thought this was a joke but its so on brand for him.  

• Hook 'Em 2

The "most exciting announcement of the day" is that they are building a new factory in Mexico to build their next-generation models.  I'm sure that went over well with his fanboys.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tesla-stock-veers-between-gains-and-losses-as-investor-day-gets-under-way-a771 (all of the above is from this link)

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

The "most exciting announcement of the day" is that they are building a new factory in Mexico to build their next-generation models.  I'm sure that went over well with his fanboys.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tesla-stock-veers-between-gains-and-losses-as-investor-day-gets-under-way-a771 (all of the above is from this link)

His right-leaning fans must be so conflicted with all the things he promotes that they hate.  

EVs

Sustainability

Eliminating fossil fuels

Jobs for Mexicans

"But but... uh... he owns the libs!!!"

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Chopper said:

TBT the term "stack" because I came across possibly the dumbest, most bro use of the term ever

I would have given him credit if the "sleep stack" list was just the bed, sheets, and pillow, because those things literally stack on top of one another to allow you to sleep.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

So apparently he didn't announce any new products, no new Tesla models, nothing firm on the truck, and just spoke in his general vague monologues about the future of humanity.

I'd laugh if people flew in thinking they'd heard about some spiffy new Tesla, only to hear him ramble about humanity and future energy needs.

A common complaint I heard on twitter

1 hour ago, texasdago said:

Well, I made it.  I learned two things:

1. My buddy thinks everything Tesla is doing is perfect and they're the best at everything and they're brilliantly safer than any other car and will eventually be the best selling car in the world because Elon

2. I walked past a parked Tesla and noticed the door was wonky and not lined up properly.  I didn't realize this was an issue with Teslas until recently when my neighbor bought one and he said his panels and front headlight were kind of off.  Quality control.

That and I told him about the review that the cyber truck looks like an out of place paper towel dispenser.  He said it's not for everyone.

Dumb And Dumber GIF

1. Let's see how that works out for him

2. I've heard this has been an issue for years. It's not just door panels, but things like paint not drying properly and being "runny" and interiors not lining up either. Production quality has been falling off. A friend of mine was getting his 74 VW Bug restored and the guy doing the painting has 2-3 Teslas in getting work done fixing a lot of this stuff.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Chopper said:

The attorney who's lined up 2,000 plus ex-twitter employees for arbitration

image.png.cd438ebb2f7400b23062e0b5343cca99.png

TBT the term "stack" because I came across possibly the dumbest, most bro use of the term ever

image.thumb.png.7f467529b2cab0e4d9ae094d84269b28.png

note to self - advertise snake oil product on the joe rogan podcast

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Chopper said:

SHOCKING DEVELOPMENT! not

I was going to post it, but after reading that snippet, I was going through the article first. They outline a number of issues and of course missed promises:

image.png.bcd5b7a71a73a46ae1622a141e2ca287.png

July 2019 - https://www.reuters.com/article/tech-neuralink-musk-idINL8N2FT7EL

Feb 2021 - https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1356375980344893443

Apr 2022 - https://podcastnotes.org/ted-interview/elon-musk-ted/

Nov 2022 Tweet - https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1598154904635596802 and show & tell - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YreDYmXTYi4 an article about it - https://www.reuters.com/technology/elon-musk-says-expects-neuralink-begin-human-trials-six-months-2022-12-01/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

I was going to post it, but after reading that snippet, I was going through the article first. They outline a number of issues and of course missed promises:

image.png.bcd5b7a71a73a46ae1622a141e2ca287.png

July 2019 - https://www.reuters.com/article/tech-neuralink-musk-idINL8N2FT7EL

Feb 2021 - https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1356375980344893443

Apr 2022 - https://podcastnotes.org/ted-interview/elon-musk-ted/

Nov 2022 Tweet - https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1598154904635596802 and show & tell - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YreDYmXTYi4 an article about it - https://www.reuters.com/technology/elon-musk-says-expects-neuralink-begin-human-trials-six-months-2022-12-01/

If it's safe enough for his own children he should go ahead and try it himself 

• Hook 'Em 2

The clip above with Anna Karenina Musk talking about AI. Dude had no energy and his brain is mush - assuming he ever had one.

"I have a lot of concerns about AI. It's very dangerous. We need government regulation of AI. On the other hand Tesla's AI is really excellent."

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?