Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

7 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I don't think they know if the rocket self-destructed because of a command or if it self-destructed on its own due to velocity on the way down.

that's fair. i read it to say that it should have self-destructed 40 seconds before it actually did?

from WaPo article:

But Musk noted the automated flight termination system, which is designed to destroy the rocket in case it goes off course, took too long — about 40 seconds — to ignite. That may mean it has to get it recertified by the Federal Aviation Administration.

on reddit someone is saying in a call (??? i think they mean Elon's twitter space?) someone (Elon?) said that the termination system uses explosives to punch holes in the tanks that should then make them collapse and ignite the propellant/blow it up...but that the holes weren't large enough and that while charges were blown when they were supposed to since the holes weren't big enough it took 40 seconds for them to actually depressurize/explode?

i think he (Elon) also said that they have to be re-qualified and that may be the longest lead item to the next flight?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Samson's Wig said:

Apropos of nothing, I'm currently seeking investors for my new luxury tech addiction rehab centers.  Along with the tech wellness centers, we're developing a new app that will help people who can't quit other apps get back to living in the sunshine, swimming in the sea, and drinking the wild air.  So long as they log their activity twice an hour on our app, the rest of their time will be free to pursue all that life has to offer, with suggestions for products based on their interests and activities delivered directly to them through the app so they don't have to waste any time elsewhere.  If they follow the program diligently, they'll never need to utilize any other app again!

image.png.541473e40b8f371f68ce924b3b5e9162.png

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Samson's Wig said:

Apropos of nothing, I'm currently seeking investors for my new luxury tech addiction rehab centers.  Along with the tech wellness centers, we're developing a new app that will help people who can't quit other apps get back to living in the sunshine, swimming in the sea, and drinking the wild air.  So long as they log their activity twice an hour on our app, the rest of their time will be free to pursue all that life has to offer, with suggestions for products based on their interests and activities delivered directly to them through the app so they don't have to waste any time elsewhere.  If they follow the program diligently, they'll never need to utilize any other app again!

If you bundle it with semiglutide you'll likely triple your profits.

1 hour ago, NoName said:

that's fair. i read it to say that it should have self-destructed 40 seconds before it actually did?

I've heard 3 different versions now. ELLLLLON'S version is the most beneficial to himself so I'm a bit skeptical.

1. what he said in spaces

2. It blew up on its own

3. It blew up because of a back-up safety device designed to activate when it's in free-fall

Meanwhile, another L for ELLLLLLLLON

image.thumb.png.8d2991a6d8ba73ca0b6020da25b2c33a.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

I finally deactivated my account. I was perusing it this afternoon and didn't recognize most of the tweeters on my feed and only saw a tiny fraction of tweets from people I actually followed and would like to read. It's just too much of a beating to read now. Probably for the best of my mental health. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

From atomheart’s discussion about Henry Ford, this jumped out:

“Testifying at Nuremberg, convicted Hitler Youth leader Baldur von Schirach who, in his role as Gauleiter of Vienna, deported 65,000 Jews to camps in Poland, stated: "The decisive anti-Semitic book I was reading and the book that influenced my comrades was ... that book by Henry Ford, The International Jew. I read it and became anti-Semitic. The book made a great influence on myself and my friends because we saw in Henry Ford the representative of success and also the representative of a progressive social policy."
Losers. Admiring and adopting shithead views because they think the proponent 1) is “representative of success” and 2) voices the kind of “progressive social policies” they like (spoiler: blaming some group for their loserdom). Sound familiar at all? Maybe just a little bit?

Jesus. The fucking Elmo fanboys are just part of a long line of history’s most pathetic losers, and one of the loser-est parts of it is that they are too fuckig braindead stupid to see it.

If you are an Elmo fanboy, do what many of the last round of fanboys of similar shitheadery did: eat the narrow end of a Luger. Do the world a favor.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

From atomheart’s discussion about Henry Ford, this jumped out:

“Testifying at Nuremberg, convicted Hitler Youth leader Baldur von Schirach who, in his role as Gauleiter of Vienna, deported 65,000 Jews to camps in Poland, stated: "The decisive anti-Semitic book I was reading and the book that influenced my comrades was ... that book by Henry Ford, The International Jew. I read it and became anti-Semitic. The book made a great influence on myself and my friends because we saw in Henry Ford the representative of success and also the representative of a progressive social policy."
Losers. Admiring and adopting shithead views because they think the proponent 1) is “representative of success” and 2) voices the kind of “progressive social policies” they like (spoiler: blaming some group for their loserdom). Sound familiar at all? Maybe just a little bit?

Jesus. The fucking Elmo fanboys are just part of a long line of history’s most pathetic losers, and one of the loser-est parts of it is that they are too fuckig braindead stupid to see it.

If you are an Elmo fanboy, do what many of the last round of fanboys of similar shitheadery did: eat the narrow end of a Luger. Do the world a favor.

Instead of fanbois, maybe these losers should start being called Elmo Youth.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Homercles said:

image.gif.5c245d69cc45794415792b8ec6b7791b.gif

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

So somebody got video of me my kid playing KSP.

i saw someone suggesting that Elon play more KSP to better actually understand what SpaceX was doing and why superheavy exploded and it made me chuckle

• Haha 3

I have a Twitter account I started 10 years ago to follow news and stuff. I’ve never posted and I think maybe retweeted something as a favor to a friend. Nothing in my online use suggests that this delusional lie machine stuff would interest me, yet I’m getting right wing nutter notifications daily. That’s all I need to know about why this shit is a fucking problem. Fuck you elmo.

IMG_1221.jpeg

Edited by 'stache
  • Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I have a Twitter account I started 10 years ago to follow news and stuff. I’ve never posted and I think maybe retweeted something as a favor to a friend. Nothing in my online use suggests that this delusional lie machine stuff would interest me, yet I’m getting right wing nutter notifications daily. That’s all I need to know about why this shit is a fucking problem. Fuck you elmo.

It's happening to everybody I know, people who avoid political tweets/accounts, who stick to their lane, etc., and they are getting bombarded with this shit.  Everybody is working out alternatives.

17 minutes ago, 'stache said:

IMG_1221.jpeg

Miranda Devine is a great name for a drag queen.

Pete Holmes Reaction GIF by CBS

• Haha 3

Todays notification was a tweet from a fake doctor posting an anti-vax video claiming the “biggest crime in human history” is about to be exposed. I guess by clicking on it I’ll get inundated from here on out, more so than when I did nothing. Again I don’t use my account but pretty sure I’ll delete it and delete the app because of this shit. They won’t be losing anything from my leaving but surely others are getting this shit and ready to leave? At least facebook’s super intrusive algorithm know what I want to see, like short vids of broads in skimpy dresses doing regular stuff like dancing in grocery stores and taking swings at Top Golf.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Todays notification was a tweet from a fake doctor posting an anti-vax video claiming the “biggest crime in human history” is about to be exposed. I guess by clicking on it I’ll get inundated from here on out, more so than when I did nothing. Again I don’t use my account but pretty sure I’ll delete it and delete the app because of this shit. They won’t be losing anything from my leaving but surely others are getting this shit and ready to leave? At least facebook’s super intrusive algorithm know what I want to see, like short vids of broads in skimpy dresses doing regular stuff like dancing in grocery stores and taking swings at Top Golf.

At this point if you don't engage having an account isn't just pointless, it's an additional user that Musk can count as a user of the site to sell to advertisers etc. I still use Twitter, so I kind of have a point keeping it around - but not long.

At this point if you don't engage having an account isn't just pointless, it's an additional user that Musk can count as a user of the site to sell to advertisers etc. I still use Twitter, so I kind of have a point keeping it around - but not long.

At this point, I use Twitter for three things: 1) reading linked tweets about the war in Ukraine from reliable sources, 2) checking out whatever pics/shirt vids of attractive women people share, and 3) Super70s Sports (one of the best things on the internet). So, I have an account…but I’d like not to.

I never really used Twitter until Russian invaded Ukraine. It was a great platform for information. Now I'm back to not giving a shit about Twitter.

I stopped using Facebook cause I didn't want to support that whore Zuck. I never use Twitter cause I don't want to support that whore Elon.

What is it about grotesque wealth that turns people into even bigger assholes? 

• Like 1

I never really used Twitter until Russian invaded Ukraine. It was a great platform for information. Now I'm back to not giving a shit about Twitter.
I stopped using Facebook cause I didn't want to support that whore Zuck. I never use Twitter cause I don't want to support that whore Elon.
What is it about grotesque wealth that turns people into even bigger assholes? 

1) We have a fucked up social order that equates wealth with actually being a meritorious human being.
2) Wealthy people find themselves surrounded by sycophants and yes men, because those people want a piece of the action (and it’s a vicious circle, as the wealthy person starts to choose to surround himself by such persons).

So, society tells them they are awesome and their shit don’t stink…and then all the people they are in contact with say the same. And, being human, the wealthy asshole begins to believe the bullshit.

Elmo is just a garden-variety smart enough guy with lousy social skills/on the spectrum, with a tendency towards narcissism (tied to both those things). It’s the “wealthy” thing that makes him such a problem.
  • Hook 'Em 4

Yeah I would say the biggest issue was that he like many others were assholes before they became rich.

I would note being an asshole does help one get rich. You don’t give a flying fuck who you step in on the way to your millions. Get yours and fuck everyone else over. 

• Hook 'Em 4

I thought I clicked the off grid Alaska thread. Saw the stuff about starlink and they seemed somewhat relevant, but couldn’t figure out why the hell y’all have to ruin every thread with Elon talk. Then realized I fat fingered the link and am not in Off Grid Alaska. 

Carry on. 

He's a little self-aware.  Or maybe not.  He posted this.

FvP-lSZaEAEYwlc?format=jpg&name=medium

Then he posted this, and his fucking idiot fanboys jumped in with all kinds of "proof" that the moon landings were fake.  Never mind the fact that the Soviets would have made sure everybody in the world knew we had faked it, and in fact the Soviets congratulated us, and Neil Fuckin' Armstrong even toured the Soviet Union the following year.

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/50-years-ago-armstrong-visits-the-soviet-union

The promoting of white supremacists and fascists is bad, no doubt. But I just got an ad with highlights of University of Maryland football games. Why would anyone want to see that? Get that trash off of my screen. Have you no decency, Mr. Musk?

Edited by HornOnTheBayou
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

The promoting of white supremacists and fascists is bad, no doubt. But I just got an ad with highlights of University of Maryland football games. Why would anyone want to see that? Get that trash off of my screen. Have you no decency, Mr. Musk?

Didn’t you get the memo?  Twitter is the town square, the public hall, you are supposed to see and care about everything else happening everywhere else, instead of stuff you are just interested in.  What you are asking for is censorship of stuff you don’t like!

Had a relative who’s never used Twitter try to tell me that’s what it is, even though I’ve been using it for over a decade and I explained to him that it’s not the town square, and it used to be focused on trying to get you to click on stuff by showing you only stuff you were interested in, just like on Facebook, but now it’s broken and shows me a lot of shit that I won’t ever click on.

Thats another hilarious aspect - it’s showing me and a lot of other people shit that we don’t care about and won’t click on, which is not helping with their financial woes.

I have a journalist who tweets out a list of the most engaged and active twitter feeds every week. I recognized one of the accounts, Kanekoa The Great, very high on the list. I made the mistake of scrolling through the feed and seeing its mostly reposts of videos from other people. I tried looking up what this guy does that makes him so special, but its mostly just reposts of content he doesn't create. The kind of material that Elon retweets or likes or responds positively. Now every time I load up the desktop, the top recommended guy to follow is this Kanekoa guy. So many accounts are getting less engagement, their follower counts stagnating, very few responses, and then a guy like this gets straight to the top of the charts by posting curated and clipped videos.

28 minutes ago, trza-hawk said:

I have a journalist who tweets out a list of the most engaged and active twitter feeds every week. I recognized one of the accounts, Kanekoa The Great, very high on the list. I made the mistake of scrolling through the feed and seeing its mostly reposts of videos from other people. I tried looking up what this guy does that makes him so special, but its mostly just reposts of content he doesn't create. The kind of material that Elon retweets or likes or responds positively. Now every time I load up the desktop, the top recommended guy to follow is this Kanekoa guy. So many accounts are getting less engagement, their follower counts stagnating, very few responses, and then a guy like this gets straight to the top of the charts by posting curated and clipped videos.

CatTurd2 has been bragging about how people are seeing his tweets even though they don't want to.

It's amazing that Elon is still fucking up something so simple as social media, it makes you wonder if he's stopped giving a shit, and is just promoting the crap that he likes - I'm still getting his stuff, James Woods' stuff, CatTurd2, etc., and none of that stuff is causing me to click on it or retweet or like.

Buried below them in the email notifications, I get people that I've actually engaged with, DMed, tweeted to/retweeted, liked, followed, etc., as well as Ukraine stuff.

I think he has to be doing this on purpose at this point, because social media is simple - users are the product, advertisers are the customers, and if you want to increase revenue, you give users stuff they will click on or like/retweet or respond to.  You don't fill up their notifications and feeds with shit they don't care about, and accounts that they've blocked.

Going back to this from last week:

On 5/2/2023 at 4:37 PM, atomheartbevo said:

But on the plus side, Substack is doing better than I expected for certain tasks that I didn't consider in the past.  I asked all of my twitter followers who were interested in my content to do  a free subscription on substack for the same stuff, and I'm piggybacking off of that group and setting up a paid subscription for deeper/longer form stuff because it was far easier than I expected. So Elon fucking up twitter is going to financially benefit me in the long run.  So yay?

I should have been on SubStack a year ago, I was leaving money on the table.  And it's got solid user engagement/discussions.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?