Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

Case in point @SydneyCarton, you have a guy in @Chopper -- a guy who can't watch a television show without tying himself up in knots and confusion and being roundly ridiculed for it on the Succession thread-- going back and robo-negging 25 posts in an effort to punish my username.

Edited by HamsterHookah
  • Fuck You 8

15 minutes ago, HamsterHookah said:

Case in point @SydneyCarton, you have a guy in @Chopper -- a guy who can't watch a television show without tying himself up in knots and confusion and being roundly ridiculed for it on the Succession thread-- going back and robo-negging 25 posts in an effort to punish my username.

No motherfucker, you're wrong again. I negged the fuck out of you because -- not in any particular order --

a) For many months on this thread I have given you the benefit of the doubt

b) You've @'d me and insulted me about a tv show thread here in Daily Texan twice now in two days

c) I went back one page to find the author of a certain post (it was @mchookem ) because I was going to make a joke and then I realized just how many times you've posted on this page and the previous page, and none of your posts are the least bit interesting or informative, to be as generous as I can be, and so I decided to neg bomb the fuck out of you.

d) sorry @mchookem sadly there is no joke we only have hamster

e) you've posted more than I have toes and fingers so I lost count but I didn't follow you into any other threads to make a dent in your rep.

f) suck it up bitch

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, HamsterHookah said:

Not completely related to Twitter, but I've read reading a lot the last week or so about how reddit is moving to a pay per use of their API model, which is a copy of what Twitter was doing. 

Apparently this is because LLM's draw a lot from reddit (and ostensibly Twitter) and so, why give away free human speech/language for the AI overlords when you can get paid for it?

Shocking that once again you are talking completely out of your ass yet again.

Fidelity, who led the most recent fundraising round for reddit 2 years ago cut the estimated worth of their investment by 41 percent last week. Reddit is trying to public. As part of that they are pulling the same move with their API as twitter in an effort to do the same thing as twitter which is require everyone to use their truly sub par first party app instead of the large number of excellent third party apps out there. 

This allows them to serve ads to those people using third party apps and squeeze slightly more blood from the stone of their current userbase.

This comes because their API pricing is so hilariously expensive it kills off third party users. For example it would cost the largest iOS reddit app (Apollo) about $20 million in API requests yearly. Reddit is charging $12k for 50m API pulls. For the same number of pulls from Imgur, Apollo pays $166. 

The difference is that unlike twitter, reddit is a link aggregator who pays zero dollars for any submissions and in what is truly the largest scam going on the internet also pays zero dollars for moderation of its 830,000+ posts per day.

Many power users and moderators use third party apps, frankly because the reddit first party app is garbage for both moderation and daily use.

People are understandably pissed and reddit isn't going to change anything, but it's a horrible decision that is going to run off a lot of "power" users and old accounts. But they didn't care, they just want to make as much money as they can by going public some 17 years after being founded.

Stop talking out of your ass like you know what's going on with a situation when you very, very clearly don't. Or did you ask Chat GPT to write that post above?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Why the fuck are you guys engaging Chrispy? The dumb fuck can't post about hunting people at the border anymore, so he just does entirely transparent concern trolling that somehow still sucks some of you mfers in.

I thought the other one was Chrispy, the one immamac banned for fucking up the Ukraine thread. GRUHorn, whatever his last shit handle was…not to sound racist, but sometimes all the pieces of baboon shit look the same to me. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

2 hours ago, NoName said:

Shocking that once again you are talking completely out of your ass yet again.

Fidelity, who led the most recent fundraising round for reddit 2 years ago cut the estimated worth of their investment by 41 percent last week. Reddit is trying to public. As part of that they are pulling the same move with their API as twitter in an effort to do the same thing as twitter which is require everyone to use their truly sub par first party app instead of the large number of excellent third party apps out there. 

This allows them to serve ads to those people using third party apps and squeeze slightly more blood from the stone of their current userbase.

This comes because their API pricing is so hilariously expensive it kills off third party users. For example it would cost the largest iOS reddit app (Apollo) about $20 million in API requests yearly. Reddit is charging $12k for 50m API pulls. For the same number of pulls from Imgur, Apollo pays $166. 

The difference is that unlike twitter, reddit is a link aggregator who pays zero dollars for any submissions and in what is truly the largest scam going on the internet also pays zero dollars for moderation of its 830,000+ posts per day.

Many power users and moderators use third party apps, frankly because the reddit first party app is garbage for both moderation and daily use.

People are understandably pissed and reddit isn't going to change anything, but it's a horrible decision that is going to run off a lot of "power" users and old accounts. But they didn't care, they just want to make as much money as they can by going public some 17 years after being founded.

Stop talking out of your ass like you know what's going on with a situation when you very, very clearly don't. Or did you ask Chat GPT to write that post above?

What part of what I said was wrong, though? Regarding the API for LLM modeling that is absolutely true. Read about it here:

“Reddit will also cash in on AI companies that scrape its posts for data and recoup the ad revenue it loses when people use apps to bypass ads.”

https://www.theverge.com/2023/4/18/23688463/reddit-developer-api-terms-change-monetization-ai

• Fuck You 9

41 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Why the fuck are you guys engaging Chrispy? The dumb fuck can't post about hunting people at the border anymore, so he just does entirely transparent concern trolling that somehow still sucks some of you mfers in.

Wrong. Think about this as a thought exercise:

This whole argument was caused because I said, “wow, must be nice to be a billionaire” and posted a headline from NYT showing that Tesla has gained Elon Musk $48bn YTD. The implication being that he has unfair resources. He can (and is) tank a $44bn and still come out alright.

From there a handful of people got upset because they think I love Elon, but there in particular @blacklab (no name, captain ant and chopper) are trying to censor/ban hammer me with an old fashioned neg bombing of posts irrespective of content. 

Edited by HamsterHookah
  • Fuck You 12

Oh no I’m being crowdsourced for the seventh time!!! Blacklab save me!!!! I’m the victim for repeatedly being such a disingenuous piece of shit that this community keeps kicking me out!

image.gif.7763a845b529e7f582a3062347d721b2.gif

love the “censor me” bullshit. And he claims to not be a fan of Elon Musk. They fail to learn the same lessons: freedom of speech isn’t the same thing as freedom from consequences. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I thought the other one was Chrispy, the one immamac banned for fucking up the Ukraine thread. GRUHorn, whatever his last shit handle was…not to sound racist, but sometimes all the pieces of baboon shit look the same to me. 

Nah that's a different dumbass if I'm not mistaken

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

They have both been banned numerous times. They are both trolls that keep coming back. I’m missing a few of their other naming iterations 

GRUHorn = Crispy = Mullet Free

DonkeyCigars = TurkeyChew = HampsterHookah

GRUHorn was also Immaculate Vibes. He’ll always return to his Global Spring thread. 

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Nah that's a different dumbass if I'm not mistaken

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Oh no I’m being crowdsourced for the seventh time!!! Blacklab save me!!!! I’m the victim for repeatedly being such a disingenuous piece of shit that this community keeps kicking me out!

image.gif.7763a845b529e7f582a3062347d721b2.gif

love the “censor me” bullshit. And he claims to not be a fan of Elon Musk. They fail to learn the same lessons: freedom of speech isn’t the same thing as freedom from consequences. 

Would you like to do the honors and pick the next name?

• Fuck You 11

1 hour ago, HamsterHookah said:

From there a handful of people got upset because they think I love Elon, but there in particular @blacklab (no name, captain ant and chopper) are trying to censor/ban hammer me with an old fashioned neg bombing of posts irrespective of content. 

People neg you because of shit posting, shitting up the thread, posting ill informed bullshit time and time and time again and copy/pasting posts from fucking bard.

No one is trying to censor you, just be better.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 6/4/2023 at 6:17 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Volkswagen announces their new electric minibus thing, complete with seating for 7, is coming to North America next year.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/02/cars/volkswagen-id-buzz-vw-bus/index.html

It looks like a vehicle made for humans.

f_webp

f_webp

VW's doing this too:

https://www.motor1.com/features/659901/scout-electric-suv-range-price-details/

Volkswagen Group is reviving the iconic Scout nameplate in the form of an electric SUV – or RUV, as in "Rugged Utility Vehicle" – and an electric pickup. Both of these off-roaders will be built at a dedicated Scout factory in the US beginning in 2025 and should go on sale shortly thereafter...

Scout Electric SUV Rendering

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

14 hours ago, HamsterHookah said:

Would you like to do the honors and pick the next name?

BobStoopsMicropenis

15 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I think he's MulletFree, right?

Edited by Bullneck

29 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

The lack of accountability for himself is astonishing for someone deified for success as a CEO

It's narcissism 101 -- everything is always someone else's fault, if not an actual plot against YOU (because you are the center of the universe -- every action taken by every other human is taken with you in mind).

Because the alternative is too much for him to bear: the advertisers don't give a fuck about him, or about Twitter.  Twitter had a product it sold (ad space).  Twitter has made massive changes to that product that make it unattractive to its consumers (major credible enterprises, who don't want their product/business associated with toxic bullshit -- Coca-Cola doesn't want its ad to pop up next to a post saying "6 million dead jews wasn't enough").  So, the consumers have cut back on their purchases of the now-shitty product.

Whataburger used to be my choice for a fast-food breakfast when taking a road trip.  But they made a big change to their product, and discontinued the jalapeno cheddar biscuit.  I have stopped hitting Whataburger for my fast-food breakfast.  This isn't about "hating Whataburger," or "wanting Whataburger to go bankrupt."  It's about the fact that the key thing that made their breakfast my preference was taken away, so now I hit any number of places that are faster and cheaper.  But a developmentally-stunted narcissist like Elon cannot grasp a world in which other people make decisions that aren't all about him personally.  Because he's a myopic dumbass narcissist.

• Hook 'Em 7

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

It's narcissism 101 -- everything is always someone else's fault, if not an actual plot against YOU (because you are the center of the universe -- every action taken by every other human is taken with you in mind).

Because the alternative is too much for him to bear: the advertisers don't give a fuck about him, or about Twitter.  Twitter had a product it sold (ad space).  Twitter has made massive changes to that product that make it unattractive to its consumers (major credible enterprises, who don't want their product/business associated with toxic bullshit -- Coca-Cola doesn't want its ad to pop up next to a post saying "6 million dead jews wasn't enough").  So, the consumers have cut back on their purchases of the now-shitty product.

Whataburger used to be my choice for a fast-food breakfast when taking a road trip.  But they made a big change to their product, and discontinued the jalapeno cheddar biscuit.  I have stopped hitting Whataburger for my fast-food breakfast.  This isn't about "hating Whataburger," or "wanting Whataburger to go bankrupt."  It's about the fact that the key thing that made their breakfast my preference was taken away, so now I hit any number of places that are faster and cheaper.  But a developmentally-stunted narcissist like Elon cannot grasp a world in which other people make decisions that aren't all about him personally.  Because he's a myopic dumbass narcissist.

I've also noticed the honey butter chicken biscuit has gotten worse in that the chicken is lower quality and the build quality is inconsistent.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

I've also noticed the honey butter chicken biscuit has gotten worse in that the chicken is lower quality and the build quality is inconsistent.

Huh.  [Elon] You sound like a woke libtard who hates free speech and wants to make Whataburger go bankrupt. [/Elon]

2 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

The lack of accountability for himself is astonishing for someone deified for success as a CEO

You mean the same guy who was running PayPal, and then when he left for his overseas honeymoon, Peter Thiel and the board moved against him and booted him out?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

The cybertruck looks like it would have been featured in a 1985 VHS bootleg knockoff of Back to the Future produced in Mexico.

.......which I would ABSOLUTELY watch.

And then add to my collection of similar treasures:

MV5BOGQ4NTRhNjMtODYyYi00NjJhLThmZTUtNmI4

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Homercles said:

All CyberTruck makes me think of all the fingerprints my damn stainless fridge gets 

One of my high school friend's dad had a DeLorean for a while, he always had a can of WD-40 and a rag nearby to wipe off the fingerprints. 

I was checking in on my source for the most engaged accounts on twitter. The last two or three weeks have been very good for Kim Dotcom. Very much engagement and exposure for the guy, up there in the top ten most engaged. Literally no first hand reporting or information, or even adding anything of value. Just a long stream of pro-Russian and other cheap stuff that makes the website owner and his followers happy. I have to admire how long the guy has been around though.

Edited by trza-hawk
had to check megaupload
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, trza-hawk said:

I was checking in on my source for the most engaged accounts on twitter. The last two or three weeks have been very good for Kim Dotcom. Very much engagement and exposure for the guy, up there in the top ten most engaged. Literally no first hand reporting or information, or even adding anything of value. Just a long stream of pro-Russian and other cheap stuff that makes the website owner and his followers happy. I have to admire how long the guy has been around though.

star wars GIF

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, HamsterHookah said:

I went ahead and domain parked ViperVape. See you on the dark side of the moon, my dear friend Fudge.

Dude wtf did you do today?

This morning you were in positive territory. You'll be in purgatorio fairly soon at this rate.

Awaiting your new rodent/mammal smoke themed name because this version is about done.

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?