Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

2 hours ago, Parliament said:

Wish he'd called me before he made that move.

The stake, revealed in a regulatory filing, was amassed before Musk criticized Twitter. Musk’s disclosure came out today, but the document detailing the stake, worth about $3 billion at Friday’s closing price, is dated March 14. Twitter’s shares are up about 50 percent since then.

Edited by TurkeyChew
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Interdasting. 

Apparently Jack agrees as well.

Also re: Elon

Tesla delivered 310,000 vehicles last quarter, a big jump from last year’s Q1 when it delivered 185,000. That growth is all the more impressive because legacy carmakers like GM and Toyota reported Q1 sales declines of 20% and 15%, respectively, with chip shortages still hampering production.

1 hour ago, TurkeyChew said:

Tesla delivered 310,000 vehicles last quarter, a big jump from last year’s Q1 when it delivered 185,000. That growth is all the more impressive because legacy carmakers like GM and Toyota reported Q1 sales declines of 20% and 15%, respectively, with chip shortages still hampering production.

...maybe GM and Toyota were unwilling to take a chance on compromising safety?

https://www.thedrive.com/news/44204/tesla-quietly-removed-steering-components-from-new-cars-over-chip-shortage-report

edit: i am sure that folks are going to say "it's the backup to the backup" - but if it was totally unneeded in the first place wouldn't Tesla, of all companies, have already removed it?

these cars aren't in the US, but basically covers Asia/Europe.

Meanwhile, Elon is saying they will do OTA updates for FSD soon...but none of these vehicles can achieve FSD because they pulled the chips. they are just going to retrofit tens of thousands of vehicles?

https://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-missing-microchip-fsd-fully-driverless-chip-shortage-elon-musk-2022-2

Edited by NoName

I'm guessing Tesla didn't halt their chip orders from tsmc and are on a cutting edge process node so are higher up in the customer importance list.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, NoName said:

...maybe GM and Toyota were unwilling to take a chance on compromising safety?

Now that's funny, have you seen the recall that all these auto makers have historically and ongoing? They would rather save $1.50/vehicle and fight the lawsuits; airbags, ignition switches, etc. and these were known defects that they tried to handle with service bulletins.

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Who is this person and why are they trying to destroy society?

he's a canadian-south african-american who has founded a couple companies that were bought up and made him a billionaire, he then joined a startup electric car company and made electric cars cool, and now he's trying to obliterate the night sky in order to bring you non-sucky internet because the existing telcos don't want to bother, but that's not important right now.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, elfenix said:

I'm guessing Tesla didn't halt their chip orders from tsmc and are on a cutting edge process node so are higher up in the customer importance list.

Eh, partly. But the chip shortage for auto manufacturers largely has to do with legacy chip manufacturing (i.e., older process nodes). Chip manufacturers shut a lot of this down due to low profit margins and supply constraints with silicon.  Legacy manufacturers have been unable or unwilling to shift their needs to newer process nodes. Tesla was more flexible. 

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

he's a canadian-south african-american who has founded a couple companies that were bought up and made him a billionaire, he then joined a startup electric car company and made electric cars cool, and now he's trying to obliterate the night sky in order to bring you non-sucky internet because the existing telcos don't want to bother, but that's not important right now.

Holy fuck are you a whiny bitch or what

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

Wow, quite shocking to see a Twitter director openly denigrating the most economically successful African-American in history.  

3 hours ago, 52-80 said:

th?id=OIP.T00JQE-XHz-2Ox7AZgtXpQHaE7%26p

I’ll guess they’ll have a chance to hash things out. 

This is great for Twitter and social discourse in this country. 

Also expect to hear these takes soon.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

I’ll guess they’ll have a chance to hash things out. 

This is great for Twitter and social discourse in this country. 

Also expect to hear these takes soon.

Micsolana is a real one

On 4/5/2022 at 4:08 AM, 52-80 said:

th?id=OIP.T00JQE-XHz-2Ox7AZgtXpQHaE7%26p

Dude is in Europe. They wipe their ass with pink slips. Terminating European employees is like getting rid of herpes.

It's not like the U.S. where you can hold mass executions on any given Friday.

10 minutes ago, F250 said:

Dude is in Europe. They wipe their ass with pink slips. Terminating European employees is like getting rid of herpes.

It's not like the U.S. where you can hold mass executions on any given Friday.

Yeah, I don't get it either.  Pink slip?  Fuck no, just destroy his career over years in a long term petty move.  Or just be one of the richest people on earth and not gaf about some creative design guy. 

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Yeah, I don't get it either.  Pink slip?  Fuck no, just destroy his career over years in a long term petty move.  Or just be one of the richest people on earth and not gaf about some creative design guy. 

Strong labor laws which isn't a bad thing if you are wage earner. I've hit a brick wall every time I had to deal with a European employee, especially German employees. On the flip side I've had to let go of really good American employees just they came out on the losing side of office politics.

47 minutes ago, F250 said:

Strong labor laws which isn't a bad thing if you are wage earner. I've hit a brick wall every time I had to deal with a European employee, especially German employees. On the flip side I've had to let go of really good American employees just they came out on the losing side of office politics.

Believe me, I’m familiar.  I worked for a international co based out of Netherlands for better half of a decade.  They LOVED how it is here because they can cut dead weight so easily. 

We're all still going to the grand opening and getting fucked up, right?  Hanging out with y'all might there might be my best chance to get a handjob in the back of a Tesla.  Certainly can't afford to buy one. 

Edited by Lobo

Lol at throwing in a background check on maybe the most famous entrepreneur in the world. 

If I had to guess there were going to be restrictions on his public statements that he didn’t like. 

Also, “there will be distractions ahead”.  Feels like Elon plans on making more noise/buying more shares?

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Lol at throwing in a background check on maybe the most famous entrepreneur in the world. 

If I had to guess there were going to be restrictions on his public statements that he didn’t like. 

Also, “there will be distractions ahead”.  Feels like Elon plans on making more noise/buying more shares?

He is also not beholden to their terms of buying no more than 14%. 

Would the board seat also put more restrictions on his personal speech from SEC watchdogs (stock manipulation?)

22 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Would the board seat also put more restrictions on his personal speech from SEC watchdogs (stock manipulation?)

If he was on the board he'd be legally obligated to act in the best interests of the company. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

I don’t think he’s too concerned about SEC rules. “Funding secured” etc.

The move has to be Elon buying more. You can’t question his passion. If something really moves him, he follows through on it. Free speech on social media appears to be one of those things for him. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I’m loving this sorry.

Govt gives sweetheart deal to unionized auto manufacturers…fuck it I already pay above market let’s unionize Tesla for the incentives.

Twitter tells get high and mighty championing free market reasoning for their ability to control speech…fuck it let me buy a controlling interest in the company.  Twitter offers board seat to shut him and up and limit the amount of stock he can buy…nah fuck it.

• Hook 'Em 1

Elon couldn't join the board. That was never going to happen so I don't know why anyone got excited about it. why?

1. He broke SEC laws in not disclosing that he was buying more than 5 percent of Twitter. By doing so, he delayed the general public from knowing the world's richest man was acquiring Twitter stick in large chunks. He probably made $150 million by breaking the law. Note: Some of you may disagree with this law but it's still the law. 
    1. Elon will soon be settling lawsuits with any person or fund that sold Twitter stock from the time he failed to disclose until he announced it. I know he can afford it.
  2. If he joins the board, he would pretty much have to stop tweeting about Twitter business. After all, he would have access to insider info which would prevent him from tweeting.

It's also possible the SEC told Twitter Elon wasn't allowed on the board due to his continued disregard of securities law.

I like how Elon behaves but he would have been a horrible Twitter board member not to mention that he would have gotten bored of them at a certain point anyway. In this manner, Elon can put proxies on the board and still have a say in exec decisions.

• Hook 'Em 3

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?