Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

51 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

I know, don't care.

Come on man.  Just take the length on every single D, and wish death upon every R, and you'll have 10-20k rep points in a few months.  Make sure you mix in a "I wish Joe didn't get two full scoops, mix in a single" every now and then so you can talk about how hard you are on the current admin and definitely not just another D.  I used to be a R for a long time, then I got smart, is another you'll have to throw in every 5 or 10 pages.

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Come on man.  Just take the length on every single D, and wish death upon every R, and you'll have 10-20k rep points in a few months.  Make sure you mix in a "I wish Joe didn't get two full scoops, mix in a single" every now and then so you can talk about how hard you are on the current admin and definitely not just another D.  I used to be a R for a long time, then I got smart, is another you'll have to throw in every 5 or 10 pages.

There's more! Every now and then the DT crowd shows up to explain why Black people are dangerous and gay people should be treated like second class citizens. I know you guys do a lot of that here in the DT, but rest assured, you can find it in the CR too!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Yeah man. It's all just a big scheme against you.  Makes total sense.

senses-fail-let-it-enfold-you.jpg

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

Just seig heil to the Russia hoax and wear your Wal-Mart mask when you run alone in the desert and you'll be fine.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ag with kids said:

Do NOT encourage the continued used of GOTO.  Just don't.  It needs to die a painful death.

Last used it while in grad school in 1990s writing programs in Fortran so that I can leverage LINPACK libraries on Sun Workstations. Yeah, a horrible spaghetti results with GOTOs.

6 hours ago, Foosters said:

There's more! Every now and then the DT crowd shows up to explain why Black people are dangerous and gay people should be treated like second class citizens. I know you guys do a lot of that here in the DT, but rest assured, you can find it in the CR too!

Ill take “things you totally made up” for $800, alex. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Are people still buying and selling Twitter stock at this point or is everything on hold until the deal is finalized?

Interestingly enough, I think there will be a few more twists and turns to come. When word of Musks intentions first became public, TSLA was trading for around $1150 per share. His wealth, while immense, is largely on paper, so a good potion of the financing is tied to his TSLA shares. As the value of TSLA stock falls, his ability to use it as collateral for loans changes. I read somewhere that around $750 per share, the whole financing gets shaky. In any case TSLA is currently trading under $830. I will laugh if the deal falls through, Musk has to pay Twitter a smooth $1B and all of this angst was for nothing. Musk can probably rework the financing if he wants to if TSLA is at $750, but what if the market tanks and TSLA drops to $500? Its certainly possible as the 52 week low is ~$540. 

image.png.4f649a37e12eb1f9871b31054f33ac83.png

So the answer is yes, quite a few people are still buying and selling TWTR. before april, daily volume was around 10-20 million shares. the last three days have been 176M, 115M, and 59M shares traded. And the stock has fallen about 8% since the Friday "deal" being announced. The whole saga reeks of fuckery to me, so I'm steering clear, but if you think the deal goes through as announced, you can pocket 12.5% by jumping in now. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 2

46 minutes ago, Captainant said:

lol yeah the CR is so mean it got you a ban for posting a neonazi  propaganda link. Such unfair censorship! 

edit: here's the post, imma scrubbed it from baba's post but the link is below quoted if you care to look

Hey Capt, can you help seven find the post he claims I made about trucks, baseball bats, & “fags”?  He obviously needs a hand with that.

I mean something like that would be tough to find, I know.  Cajun going full anti-gay and romancing the stone about beating said gays with baseball bats along with truckloads of pals certainly wouldn’t be anything anyone in this community would have noticed, bookmarked, and organized a Surly fatwa against.  It’s highly, highly likely that this posting just escaped the attention of this entire board, with the exception of seven, of course.

But, alas, even though seven’s memory for such filth is like a steel bear trap, he did not keep the receipts.  Please help the old boy out Capt.  He’s starting to look like a bald faced liar and certainly HE’S NOT THAT!!!

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Interestingly enough, I think there will be a few more twists and turns to come. When word of Musks intentions first became public, TSLA was trading for around $1150 per share. His wealth, while immense, is largely on paper, so a good potion of the financing is tied to his TSLA shares. As the value of TSLA stock falls, his ability to use it as collateral for loans changes. I read somewhere that around $750 per share, the whole financing gets shaky. In any case TSLA is currently trading under $830. I will laugh if the deal falls through, Musk has to pay Twitter a smooth $1B and all of this angst was for nothing. Musk can probably rework the financing if he wants to if TSLA is at $750, but what if the market tanks and TSLA drops to $500? Its certainl

image.png.4f649a37e12eb1f9871b31054f33ac83.png

So the answer is yes, quite a few people are still buying and selling TWTR. before april, daily volume was around 10-20 million shares. the last three days have been 176M, 115M, and 59M shares traded. And the stock has fallen about 8% since the Friday "deal" being announced. The whole saga reeks of fuckery to me, so I'm steering clear, but if you think the deal goes through as announced, you can pocket 12.5% by jumping in now. 

So far he's borrowing against some of his share interest in TSLA.  It would need to drop ~35% for that collateral to be tested.

And then he was just recently awarded another tranche of stock options (like the 11th of his 12 possible), which if monetized comes out to $20B.  Basically exercising that single award alone is enough to fund his part of the buyout commitment. 

Finally yeah, there's time left for the price to close the gap to the agreed (but not executed sales) sale.  The difference reflects a risk that it might go through...but also there's market wide forces dragging Twitter down (as well as TSLA)

image.png.2e8adfe3b97f99b6e7ca891a838e79ec.png

23 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Hey Capt, can you help seven find the post he claims I made about trucks, baseball bats, & “fags”?  He obviously needs a hand with that.

I mean something like that would be tough to find, I know.  Cajun going full anti-gay and romancing the stone about beating said gays with baseball bats along with truckloads of pals certainly wouldn’t be anything anyone in this community would have noticed, bookmarked, and organized a Surly fatwa against.  It’s highly, highly likely that this posting just escaped the attention of this entire board, with the exception of seven, of course.

But, alas, even though seven’s memory for such filth is like a steel bear trap, he did not keep the receipts.  Please help the old boy out Capt.  He’s starting to look like a bald faced liar and certainly HE’S NOT THAT!!!

Hol up - are you calling me a liar for something I didn't post or even rep (unlike Fatty and Sack and Immortal and Vibes repping baba's neonazi shit), and for providing evidence to back my claim about baba?

FWIW I did spent exactly two seconds using SurlySearch (here's the search params I used in a link) and found an old post from 2019 of you also defending yourself from Seven's claims and clarifying. It's surprisingly easy to find stuff that way. For baba I just used "babayaga neonazi" and scoped the search to CR, first page of results. No bookmarks or anything, I just know how to use a search engine effectively

Edited by Captainant
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, Captainant said:

Hol up - are you calling me a liar for something I didn't post or even rep (unlike Fatty and Sack and Immortal and Vibes repping baba's neonazi shit), and for providing evidence to back my claim about baba?

FWIW I did spent exactly two seconds using SurlySearch (here's the search params I used in a link) and found an old post from 2019 of you also defending yourself from Seven's claims and clarifying. It's surprisingly easy to find stuff that way. For baba I just used "babayaga neonazi" and scoped the search to CR. No bookmarks or anything, I just know how to use a search engine effectively

No, I’m calling seven a liar.

Woooooosh!

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, 52-80 said:

So far he's borrowing against some of his share interest in TSLA.  It would need to drop ~35% for that collateral to be tested.

Yeah I cant find the article I read so I'm curious if you have one with actual figures. Is that 35% figure based on the price of TSLA when this all started, or a 35% drop vs the price now, because it has already fallen 27% from April 4th's price. 

I think there's a non-trivial chance this deal doesn't go through. If the market tanks there's no guarantee TSLA can maintain is ridiculous valuation allowing the deal to go through. And if his net worth becomes approx half of what it was a month ago, does he still have the appetite for TWTR? 

image.png

12 minutes ago, Homercles said:

JFC Capt and Cajun, take it to PMs

image.gif.799ea574181ea2905ea29eff474338eb.gif

This is a decent example of why Musk has no idea what he's getting into. immamac doesnt pay a staff to moderate content, this site is largely self moderated. So now a thread supposedly about Elon Musk is largely a pissing match between a couple of posters about something completely unrelated, that most of us dont give a shit about. If you give people the power to post anonymously online, assume they will behave as they wish, not as you may prefer as a platform administrator. If you refuse to moderate that content, it will do what it do. Take a look at the comments section on Yahoo for fucks sake. 

Twitter without content moderation would be a cesspool in no time. Musk may not like how TWTR chose to enforce their rules, but I doubt he has any idea of how to do so and keep TWTR as a forum that advertisers will pay for. And if he's paying $44 billion for the asset, it better deliver some revenue. If not, he waaaaaay overpaid. He keeps babbling about free speech and the laws as if that has anything to do with private business. Twitter admittedly sucked at monetizing its influence, but it could also disappear in a year or two if his model is worse. Tech dont give a shit, ask Myspace. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?