Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

4 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

So now Musk went on Joe Rogan podcast and smoked some weed. 

Yes it’s legal in CA but as a CEO of a company embroiled in issues mostly due to your own actions is this the best thing to do?

i think he’s over it, wants to get forced out by board and is acting crazy to force either a shareholder or BOD revolt. Will be interesting case study. 

I don't think he's acting.  The disaster that is his personal life isn't an act.

http://www.thedrive.com/news/23396/report-tesla-model-3-is-fifth-best-selling-car-of-august-in-the-us

The Tesla Model 3 was the fifth best-selling passenger car in the United States during the month of August. It sold 20,450 units according to GoodCarBadCar, presumably a sales figure similar to the number of vehicles Tesla could produce throughout the month, as Model 3 demand still outstrips supply. 

Tesla officially releases its own sales data quarterly, and declined to comment when asked for confirmation of this figure. Nevertheless, Model 3 sales reportedly ranked fifth among passenger cars, behind only the Toyota Camry (30,141 sales), Honda Civic (27,677 sales), Honda Accord (26,725 sales), and Toyota Corolla (26,155 sales). Strangely, it occupies a no-man's-land between the Corolla and the next-closest vehicle, the Hyundai Elantra, which is down at 15,475.

Reported Model 3 sales also beat out the combined totals of its chief German competitors in the premium compact sedan segment. In the same period, Audi moved 3,768 A4 sedans, BMW 3,751 3-series, and Mercedes-Benz 4,071 C-class vehicles, combining for 11,590 sales.

Including truck and crossover sales, however, the Model 3 slips down to 15th in the context of the entire U.S. market. Its volume is dwarfed by the Ford F-series pickup (81,839 sales) and FCA's Ram pickups (49,912 sales), as well as three crossovers each moving upwards of 33,400 vehicles each. However, the Model 3 still outsold one of FCA's biggest cash cows, the Jeep Wrangler, which moved 20,168 SUVs, a 20 percent increase over 2017 volume.

A common attraction for customers of the Model 3 is the vehicle's high Environmental Protection Agency mpg-equivalent (EPA MPGe) efficiency rating, allowing reduced running costs. However, the Model 3 is disproportionately expensive to insure when compared to its competitors owing to expensive bodywork and higher claim rates than average, offsetting this cost some. This may be partially attributable to frequent misuse of Tesla's "Autopilot" automated driving assist suite, though this may be in turn caused by misunderstanding of the difference between automated and autonomous.

Controversial or not, the Model 3 is already one of the nation's bestselling vehicles, and Tesla just needs to figure out how to make more of them to boost its sales.

On 9/7/2018 at 6:42 PM, heso said:

I can’t stop laughing at the idea that this guy:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/1038076327595847681

is responsible for this:

This is the Prez and COO and who must be calling the "shots". 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gwynne_Shotwell

Edited by Dolemite

On 9/7/2018 at 5:53 PM, Biff Tannen said:

I do agree on the backlog part.  The car lives up to the hype.  Will be interesting to see what occurs in the next year when the $35k version starts being produced.

The cars are shit. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/tesla-silences-team-concerned-about-quality-issues-according-to-former-engineer-2018-7

• Like 1

On 9/7/2018 at 4:27 PM, Biff Tannen said:

http://www.thedrive.com/news/23396/report-tesla-model-3-is-fifth-best-selling-car-of-august-in-the-us

The Tesla Model 3 was the fifth best-selling passenger car in the United States during the month of August. It sold 20,450 units according to GoodCarBadCar, presumably a sales figure similar to the number of vehicles Tesla could produce throughout the month, as Model 3 demand still outstrips supply. Tesla officially releases its own sales data quarterly, and declined to comment when asked for confirmation of this figure.

Being the 5th best selling passenger car is a bit like being the 5th best looking girl at a six contestant beauty pageant.  No one is buying cars anymore, and manufacturers have slowed production to a trickle of what it was.  That has nothing to do with the quality of the product, of course.  It's just an odd thing to crow about.

On 9/17/2018 at 2:20 PM, MaybeACoordinator said:

Inevitable. 

This suit only seeks $75K in comensation and an injunction, along with punitive measures not spelled out. It was filed in Cali. 

Unsworth plans to sue him in London too.  

Just a note, that is a federal lawsuit under diversity jurisdiction, meaning citizens of two different states (or a state and foreign country) with an amount in controversy exceeding $75k.  He is not seeking or limited to $75k.

I'm not sure what is the point of suing in London.  Perhaps the fact that they don't have a public figure doctrine, but it would seem at some point that he has to choose one or the other.

Edited by TwiceHorn

On 9/7/2018 at 9:03 AM, Art Vandelay said:

Someone needs to turn this into a "deal with it"/sunglasses meme.

elon-smoke-dba3.gif

This is what its like having "fuck you money."

9 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

He must have fucked a lot of people's wives / moms / girlfriends. That's the only reason I can think of for all these people being so mean to him. 

I'm sure he has gone figuratively Rick James on a lot of people.

tumblr_mx0ep7LLGz1sq0upuo1_400.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Down 12% after hours. Market Cap still $52 billion, less 12% I suppose. Much larger actually when you add in dilution from deep in the money options.

The board was totally negligent in my opinion regarding the buyout offer. As soon as he tweeted that he was taking the company private, he no longer represented the interests of Tesla shareholders and should have removed himself immediately. I mean, you have a guy working for a rival company and he's giving away all your private information to them. How could you even negotiate?

• 2 weeks later...
  • immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?