Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

That and their powers seem kind of lame.  Aside from the time jumping kid.  Luther with superhuman strength gets owned in a hand to hand combat scene.  That doesn't make sense.  And why is the rumor girl's personal life in shambles if she has the ability to control peoples actions? 

This is my only issue with the show so far. For being such a gigantic beast-looking dude, Luther sure gets his ass kicked a lot—and by an overweight hitman, no less. Outside of #5 and Ben (RIP), their powers are . . . underwhelming.

6 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

i can't even watch this shit i'm so aggravated. i just turned it off with 30 minutes to go. the parents, and in particular the dad, are so goddamn meek, it makes me rage. all of this is their fault, particularly the dad. his meekness makes me so mad i can't even watch this show. they let this happen, time and time again. it's unconscionable.

That is my thing. I’m assuming he’s told a few people if he’s doing a documentary now. I’m shocked that he hasn’t been shamed into either committing suicide, or going into hiding. But you’re right. A lot of people are at fault, but he was most at fault.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PokerFace said:

This is my only issue with the show so far. For being such a gigantic beast-looking dude, Luther sure gets his ass kicked a lot—and by an overweight hitman, no less. Outside of #5 and Ben (RIP), their powers are . . . underwhelming.

And they barely touch on Ben. 

The hitman going toe to toe with Luther I chalk up to him presumably not being human, as part of whatever that group is called.  Or maybe he’s one of the other miracle babies. 

21 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

4 episodes into umbrella.  it definitely has an "x-men meets the royal tenenbaums" feel...

Hide contents

i dig it ok, but it's not blowing my skirt up quite yet.  still waiting on some plot developments to kinda develop.  i also wish this was its own thread and we could discuss episodes, because there are certain things i'm wondering about that could be sloppy writing, or could end up meaning something.

a small example - at least 3 different times allison sees vanya, and says something like, "sorry about what i said yesterday" and they kinda make up.  but there's only been one instance where what was said remotely required an apology.  a lot of the dialogue between the siblings seems like that, where there's some fuzziness to the nature and timeline of their relationships.

also with klaus - he was trapped in the hotel closet and heard the maid, and seemingly could've easily knocked the doors open with his head, but didn't move a muscle.  then when he sees the cop outside, he nearly gives himself a concussion on the table in a much dicier situation with the beard dude right there in the bathroom.  again, the writing has hit me wrong on a few occasions.  

obviously i'll finish it, but so far i was hoping for more.  but the music is great.

Even though in spoiler tags, I can comment on this, I agree the music is great in the show.

Also, I know I read months ago that the comics are vastly different than the show in a lot of ways, so it wouldn't surprise me if some of the issues people find with the show possibly get explained in subsequent seasons.

Edited by Bigpoppapump

22 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And they barely touch on Ben. 

The hitman going toe to toe with Luther I chalk up to him presumably not being human, as part of whatever that group is called.  Or maybe he’s one of the other miracle babies. 

I'd imagine season 2 will touch on Ben A LOT more considering the finale. 

Spoiler

Also not sure how the show will square with the comics.  They actually stopped the apocalypse in the final issue of the first part.  The second set had Diego taking over since Luther got fat from depression.  Also Vanya was shot in the head and paralyzed and Allison can't use her rumor powers anymore because her vocal cords were severed by Vanya's violin bow attack.  They will have to ret-con the apocalypse happening somehow. 

18 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Why does the time travel police force exist after the apocalypse?  Who are they policing?

1) they are constantly monitoring the timeline. Things change.

2) why do you think earth is the only place they monitor?  Did you not see the scene with Reggie and his wife?

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

1) they are constantly monitoring the timeline. Things change.

2) why do you think earth is the only place they monitor?  Did you not see the scene with Reggie and his wife?

I've missed #2.  I wonder in and out of the show.  It doesn't hold my attention always.  Aliens getting involved wont help.

On 2/18/2019 at 3:11 PM, Wally Pryor said:

Watched Abducted last night.  Some crazy shit but nothing could match all the buildup I'd heard over the last couple weeks.  Seemed apropos that loon "B" committed suicide while ingesting Kahlua and cream. 

His brother totally fucking mocked his suicide cocktail.    "Kahlua" spoken with unfiltered contempt.  

On 2/19/2019 at 10:21 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

Umbrella academy is slow because they have so many characters that need explaining.  The biggest issue I have, through 8 episodes, is that the billionaire only got 7 of the 43 babies and the rest of them haven’t been talked about. 

I missed the explanation behind Pogo as well.

1 hour ago, seven said:

Lorena (on prime) - I was a preteen when this happened so I was always aware of it in a pop culture sense, but had no idea how big of a piece of shit John wayne Bobbitt is. Jesus. Good watch though. 

Amazon. But yeah, that dude is a real fuckstick. I liked it. 

31 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Amazing in what way? As in amazing how fucking stupid some people are?

Amazing in that one of these folks bought a $20k gyroscope to try and prove that the earth is flat. Only it behaved exactly as it should if the earth is, you know, a sphere. So instead of admitting defeat they come up with some other reason it didn't work right and redesign their experiment to sheild the gyroscope from the effects of the dome or whatever. That one fails to give them the results they want. But undeterred they determine that they just need a better way to shield the gyro. It's pretty awesome.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

The flat earther documentary Behind the Curve is amazing. 

The attention-whoring progression of the main characters is funny watch.  Plus the one guy who claims to be the originator of the concept, but does not want to interact with any of the movement, seems a little unstable.