Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

Haha. No. We used to drive out to the original house out on Quick Hill in high school and try to scare the crap out of each other. Also, one of my friend's mom was part of the production team and had a bunch of original props from the movie in their house. 

In from the Cold.   A former Russian operative has been living as a suburban mom in the US for 20+ years is forced back into action by the CIA.

It has the bones to be a decent, if by the numbers, spy series. I'm 4 episodes in and debating whether to finish it or not. There's a big reveal of a plot point at the end of the first episode that almost made me quit. It hasn't added anything to the series so far other than to be different than a standard spy show. The series feels like your typical Netflix/USA Network show.

Watched Countdown the other day with the wife. It was pretty bad. Pro tip though, after your significant other goes to bed, there is a countdown app in the apple store you can download and put on her phone. That was pretty entertaining watching her freak out to that the next morning. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/21/2022 at 8:12 AM, CooterBrown said:

In from the Cold.  ...

It has the bones to be a decent, if by the numbers, spy series.

I watched it.  I struggled with the requirement for suspended belief on the ... technology.  Characters were a bit one dimensional and plot was pretty predictable.  Right up the very end.  No spoiler, but I found it insulting - a bridge waaaaayyyy too far.

Just finished "3%". It's a Brazilian produced dystopian series in the vein of Hunger Games or The 100.  Outside of the voice over and captions not matching I enjoyed the show. Always fun to watch a non-US based show to see how they treat characters differently and not know who might/might not get killed off on any given show.

Has 81% rotten tomatoes audience score

Tagline: In a future where the elite inhabit an island paradise far from the crowded slums, you get one chance to join the 3% saved from squalor.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Dr Fear said:

I've watched the first 4 eps and I am really enjoying it (admittedly, I am a whore for all things sci-fi), but the English dubbing, especially in the first few, is really goofy.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Yeah, agree on that.  I enjoyed it, but the dubbing was awful

What's coming to Netflix, March 2022

• Queer Eye Germany
  • The Adam Project
  • Bridgerton, season 2
  • Hei$t: The Great Robbery of Brazil's Central Bank
  • Human Resources (Big Mouth spin-off)
  • The Last Kingdom, season 5

Vikings Valhalla was good, if a little eye rolly for all the double crossing and back stabbing. 

started on guardians of justice- if I tell you that diamond Dallas page is the lead I hope that is all you need to know. 

it appears I only watched season 1 of last kingdom, so I have some binging to do there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/11/2022 at 9:07 PM, TexEx15 said:

Enjoyed The Adam Project.

Ryan Reynolds toned down sarcasm can be pretty entertaining.  My boys and I watched it yesterday morning like a Saturday morning cartoon.  I fell asleep a little bit, but I was pretty hungover.  Nothing to complain about, just a quick fun movie with lots of feels.  My older one said, "that was way better than Batman."

5 hours ago, Tylerocks said:

Watched Basketball or Nothing

Chinle, AZ -3A team from the Navajo Reservation trying to win their first Arizona State Title

I remember watching that a couple years ago, pretty good. There’s no way any high school in the country has a nicer home gym than them. At least one solely for the use of one school. 

14 hours ago, Helobious said:

I remember watching that a couple years ago, pretty good. There’s no way any high school in the country has a nicer home gym than them. At least one solely for the use of one school. 

Thought the same thing.  It definitely seems out of place.

A quick wiki look..

A 7500 seat basketball arena for $23M...built in 2006.  

43.5% of residents are below the poverty line.

Funny enough, I found list of "best HS gyms" and Window Rock, another Reservation school is also on the list.

Edited by Tylerocks

Finished that miniseries Woman In the House Across The Street...

We really enjoyed it until the end. Ending was dumb as fuck and ruined the whole thing for me. Not so much the very end on the plane but the entire last episode. 

Started True Story with Kevin Hart. Good so far. 

On 3/17/2022 at 4:35 AM, atomheartbevo said:

I'm in.  Don't know whether it will be as good as the older stuff, but I'm in.

Well, it's a well known fact, Sonny Jim, that there's a secret society of the five wealthiest people in the world, known as the Pentavirate, who run everything in the world, including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion in Colorado, known as The Meadows.

-So who's in this Pentavirate?

The Queen, the Vatican, the Gettys, the Rothschilds, and Colonel Sanders before he went tits up.

• Hook 'Em 1

Watched Bad Vegan over the past couple days.  It's not in the upper crust of Netflix documentaries, but was ultimately worth the watch because pussy may have actually been defeated.

Spoiler

I have a real hard time feeling that sorry for Sharma.  I get that she's not just a perpetrator, but also a victim.  But all she had to do was tell fat boy to fuck off at any number opportunities along the way to rock bottom.  Instead she kept compounding her and a lot of other people's losses.  And in this doc, she came across to me as someone most interested rehabbing her public image vs being contrite about being a party to stealing 6 million dollars from her employees, investors and own mother.  It did not sound like she had personally made amends to all the people she fucked, but she's there on Netflix talking about her victimhood and how she just wants to see her restaurant open again.  In short, would bang, but would not loan.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 2/4/2022 at 6:19 PM, Fletch said:

The Tinder Swindler was pretty solid. Pretty crazy shit

So- they said “these women are still paying their debts,” but I find it really hard to believe they did all the publicity and then told their story on Netflix and didn’t get paid enough to cover what, in the entertainment industry, is essentially loose change. 
Does anyone believe they aren’t ahead financially by now in all this?  
PS- that dude was amazing as a grifter. 
PPS-I expected to end the movie not feeling at all sorry for them but I did actually feel bad for them at the end of the day. 
PPPS- that dude had some fantastic taste in basically everything. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

So- they said “these women are still paying their debts,” but I find it really hard to believe they did all the publicity and then told their story on Netflix and didn’t get paid enough to cover what, in the entertainment industry, is essentially loose change. 
Does anyone believe they aren’t ahead financially by now in all this?  
PS- that dude was amazing as a grifter. 
PPS-I expected to end the movie not feeling at all sorry for them but I did actually feel bad for them at the end of the day. 
PPPS- that dude had some fantastic taste in basically everything. 

Only way I can think of is all proceeds go to woman and people like this who have been scammed. But maybe that was shot like 10 months ago while this was still semi fresh and they were still paying shit off but within that time their bank accounts have exploded.  

And yeah I can’t stand the mother fucker, but god damn the dude knew what was up. He had a system down to a T and made the most of it. He’s totally going to hell for this and deserves every bit of backlash but this about sums it up 

image.gif.5bae97c629244c35af0e331acbc2efe6.gif

but also….

image.gif.8ce6a3a9d9fd4f61ab85f46ebf1607b9.gif

Edited by Fletch
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Only way I can think of is all proceeds go to woman and people like this who have been scammed. But maybe that was shot like 10 months ago while this was still semi fresh and they were still paying shit off but within that time their bank accounts have exploded.  

And yeah I can’t stand the mother fucker, but god damn the dude knew what was up. He had a system down to a T and made the most of it. He’s totally going to hell for this and deserves every bit of backlash but this about sums it up 

image.gif.5bae97c629244c35af0e331acbc2efe6.gif

but also….

image.gif.8ce6a3a9d9fd4f61ab85f46ebf1607b9.gif

Fucker was so greedy. He could have scammed rich old broads that wouldn’t have even cared but he instead had a thing for really good looking middle class broads whose life he pretty much ruined (before this came and and more than made them whole). 
to be able to pull off the sex with hot women and bilking them of 6 figures (that they didn’t have) was pretty insane. 
I feel like some captain save a ho needs to ride in to sweep the Norwegian girl off her feet and give her the happy ending she thought she was going to get. 
Also- anyone believing the one chick really put him in the friend zone immediately and they didn’t get physical?  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Wulaw Horn said:

Fucker was so greedy. He could have scammed rich old broads that wouldn’t have even cared but he instead had a thing for really good looking middle class broads whose life he pretty much ruined (before this came and and more than made them whole). 
to be able to pull off the sex with hot women and bilking them of 6 figures (that they didn’t have) was pretty insane. 
I feel like some captain save a ho needs to ride in to sweep the Norwegian girl off her feet and give her the happy ending she thought she was going to get. 
Also- anyone believing the one chick really put him in the friend zone immediately and they didn’t get physical?  

Yeah like the milf and other milfs for money then bang blondo and brunette types that were in the doc. Maybe gotten a couple hundred here and there from them. But it soundly like milf truly liked him for what he pretended to be and was semi willing to be a sugar mamma in a weird way. I’m sure he had other milfy women like this. Keep them paying for some ridiculous shit, don’t go overboard and he MIGHT still be living the life 

• Hook 'Em 1