Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

The Nolan documentary was great, but it's the only thing I've wanted to watch on Netflix in months. Cancelled today. Anything good they come up with will be found elsewhere online.

I was ready to cancel until the last F1 season dropped. Hulu/FX doesn’t have the quantity but quality seems much better to me.

5 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Probably. Post of the articles and twitters highlight a segment of society that is left of center complaining so there’s that 

Were they complaining because the movie sucked? Because it fucking sucked. I didn’t finish it. I don’t know how you fuck up NC-17 and Ana De Armas but they did.

• Hook 'Em 1

New season of Inside the Worlds Toughest Prisons, I’ve never seen the show before until this week while I was home sick.  If this show has taught me anything it’s that the prison system here is definitely broken. Most developed countries let them wear their own clothes, they have a lot more freedom and trust.  Guess what, they act way better then American prisoners. Now the Greenland episode where they keep some of their worst criminals is a bit much, it looks like a nice hotel.  Each block group has its own kitchen (including knives), activities area with tv and snacks, they have their own rooms with a shower, TV’s, guy had a PlayStation 5, they give them cell phones (just calls though), guards just hanging out with them chilling, ect it’s crazy.  One  guy leaves to go to a job where he makes more then the guards and reports back later at night, he had a date after work one day. 

Edited by Hook1997

17 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

"A Trip to Infinity" kinda blew my mind.  Physicists, mathematicians, philosophers discussing what infinity is (or may be).  It gets very deep.  If you have any nerd in you, you'll enjoy it.

Watching the last 5 minutes of a football game comes close to infinity.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Kudos to everyone who recommended the Manti Te'o story.  It was worth the watch.  The wife and I have recently discovered the Untold "docuseries" on Netflix.  It is like the ESPN 30 for 30's, but not as involved/long.  So far, we've seen the Tim Donaghy NBA scandal, the Aussie's losing the America's Cup from Dennis Conner, and the one about the Danbury Trasher's hockey team.  The hockey team episode is a must see.  It is like Slapshot meets Animal House meets the Sopranos and has a kid.  That episode is named Untold, Crime and Penalties.  So far, I haven't been seen one I wouldn't recommend.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

Kudos to everyone who recommended the Manti Te'o story.  It was worth the watch.  The wife and I have recently discovered the Untold "docuseries" on Netflix.  It is like the ESPN 30 for 30's, but not as involved/long.  So far, we've seen the Tim Donaghy NBA scandal, the Aussie's losing the America's Cup from Dennis Conner, and the one about the Danbury Trasher's hockey team.  The hockey team episode is a must see.  It is like Slapshot meets Animal House meets the Sopranos and has a kid.  That episode is named Untold, Crime and Penalties.  So far, I haven't been seen one I wouldn't recommend.

Malice at the Palace is very good