Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

Damn, we just watched a 60 minutes Australia on that White Island explosion.

When it started I was like stupid dumbass white people doing dumb things and then after I was like they got fucked pretty bad where 3 entities coulda prevented that at any time

The level of suck those people went through is hard (impossible) to comprehend.

On 12/16/2022 at 12:51 PM, Speedtrucker said:

The Detectorists.

Awesome show and here is y’all’s Christmas Day present:

Boxing Day 2022 will see the release of The Detectorists Christmas special episode!!!

We get 1 more episode from the crew.

Just watched this. It was really good and im happy to be back in this world.

Watch it on YouTube . Search Detectorists Christmas special

I watched Don't Pick Up the Phone last night. Every one of those people that went along with that shit should be in jail for being such stupid fucking assholes. In the Kentucky one, a fucking janitor is able to realize it's not real after talking to the guy on the phone for like ten seconds. God damn it people are dumb.

That fast food restaurants are staffed with dumb people is not news. What was shocking was that McDonalds had settled several prior cases and still hadn’t trained their stores to be on the lookout. That jury should have awarded the whole $200M.
  • Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, Fuga said:

Treason. A concise 5 episodes. Never boring. Never lags. Not a happy ending but it is wrapped up favorably - can't think of a better word but I've been up for forever.

I felt like the different factions were too bumbling when the plot needed them to be. But I did like that the story was told in 5 hours so it was a brisk pace with little filler. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/2/2023 at 9:22 AM, Dr Fear said:

Anything watch White Noise?

On 1/2/2023 at 3:32 PM, TexTexTex said:

Watched White Noise and it's far too strange for me.  Best parts were in the trailer.

I loved it. I hadn't seen the trailer and didn't know what it was about beyond the 2-sentence summary so I don't know if that aspect affected my enjoyment (no expectations going in).

There's a whole lot going on and a lot of laughs. After getting into the swing of it I felt similarly as when watching Everything Everywhere All at Once- just roll with it and enjoy the ride w/out worrying about what's next or where it is going.

There's a lot of creativity and artistry to appreciate in this one.

Spoiler

For example, I thought the Elvis lecture sequence was outstanding, especially when tying in the upcoming disaster.

It's a lot of fun, but I can see how it wouldn't be for everybody. 

Edited by KaiserSoze
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 1/4/2023 at 2:09 PM, Macanudo said:

I thought White Noise sucked.   I didn't like any of the characters.  Jack and Babette were not compelling characters to me.  At least not the way they were used.

I tried and turned it off about 20 minutes in. I thought it was supposed to be funny....they must have said "college-on-the-hill" 10 times in that first 20 minutes. And it seemed really important to keep mentioning that Adam Driver's character was super into teaching/studying about Hitler.

Edited by Pam Cummings

On 12/31/2022 at 1:51 AM, TankedBevo said:

Started The Recruit tonight and watched two episodes. Fantastic all the way around so far. 

Finished the whole season. I really enjoyed it and surprisingly my wife did too, so much so that she never got distracted by her phone lol. Wow what a season finale, can't wait for more 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 1/7/2023 at 10:14 PM, Speedtrucker said:

Yes.

Don’t start with orange or blue.

Start with yellow or green, end with pink then white.

Pretty standard heist show.

If you wanna see a better version of a non-linear series go find Interrogation with Peter Skarsgard and a bunch of other great actors.

I just finished and thought it was well done. I just let Netflix auto play and felt it was a pretty good order. Thankfully it ended with Pink then White, thought that made for a pretty solid way to close it out.

I just finished and thought it was well done. I just let Netflix auto play and felt it was a pretty good order. Thankfully it ended with Pink then White, thought that made for a pretty solid way to close it out.

Yeah supposedly for everyone’s login it randomizes some of the episodes but always keeps it ending with pink then white

On 1/7/2023 at 8:14 PM, Speedtrucker said:

Yes.

Don’t start with orange or blue.

Start with yellow or green, end with pink then white.

Pretty standard heist show.

If you wanna see a better version of a non-linear series go find Interrogation with Peter Skarsgard and a bunch of other great actors.

bruh.

i just started from the beginning. 

but yea, every color is something different 

Did Yellow, Green, Violet now about to start Blue.  

So clearly none of those first three I watched should be your last episode so yeah it works but those would all be anticlimactic.  

There are already times where I think “I wish I didn’t know about that yet, I should have done it in another order” but I imagine that happens no matter what. 

Pressure Cooker is a new cooking competition billed as a cross between Top Chef and Big Brother. I’m through episode 3 and I like it. It’s a different enough format to stand out from the other dozens of shows of that ilk. There’s no host and dishes are judged by the competitors in various ways. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Pressure Cooker is a new cooking competition billed as a cross between Top Chef and Big Brother. I’m through episode 3 and I like it. It’s a different enough format to stand out from the other dozens of shows of that ilk. There’s no host and dishes are judged by the competitors in various ways. 

Was looking for this post.  I was watching cook at all costs” and while I thought it was ok, there was no intrigue and drama.  Pressure cooker absolutely feels like it and these chefs have the chops.  However, these guys are so dramatic and thirsty for attention. 

1 hour ago, closetohumping said:

Was looking for this post.  I was watching cook at all costs” and while I thought it was ok, there was no intrigue and drama.  Pressure cooker absolutely feels like it and these chefs have the chops.  However, these guys are so dramatic and thirsty for attention. 

Aight pressure cooker is definitely intriguing.  Wow.