Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

35 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I get it, I just don’t think it’s funny. All his sketches are low-brow and predictable and hindered by the fact that he’s a bad actor.

The only sketch I liked was the one where he’s at a party and tells the lie about the babysitter being in a hit and run. 

...Are you watching sketch comedy for the acting?

• Haha 2

Season 3 is fucking lit!

My wife and I are consistently shaking our head saying “Jesus what the fuck?!?”

The doggy door and zipline had me in tears.

It’s a constant gif answer to texts between us.

Wife dropped a good one on our drive to Austin last week. She made a couple of shitty decisions while driving and I quipped “do you know how to drive?!?”
And on queue she responded “no, I don’t, I don’t know what any of this shit is and I’m fucking scared…”.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Since this has devolved a bit into a discussion of I Think You Should Leave, a reminder that "The Characters" is on Netflix and Tim Robinson's episode is basically another ITYSL episode (in fact I think it led to the development of the show). Lady Luck, Pointer Brothers, Gun Store, Rog King of the Slams, Jeff... honestly it might be better than any single episode of ITYSL.

I’ve never tried to talk anyone into liking it. It’s very niche but it does get better after multiple viewings. My wife used to just glare at me when I’d quote it or watch a skit for the 5th time but now she gets most of them. I wish Tim would do more media/podcasts just so I could hear about the process but he seems to be adverse to that. Maron has mentioned multiple times that he won’t do WTF. 

Tried FUBAR for shits and giggles, and it’s the exact show you think it is: an unofficial True Lies equal with no Jim Cameron, good actors, or production value. Yet, it flirts with the “it’s so bad it’s kind of good” line. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 6/5/2023 at 10:34 AM, Helobious said:

I get it, I just don’t think it’s funny. All his sketches are low-brow and predictable and hindered by the fact that he’s a bad actor.

The only sketch I liked was the one where he’s at a party and tells the lie about the babysitter being in a hit and run. 

I only watched a few episodes of S1 but I’m kind of with you, it wasn’t very funny maybe it’s a olds thing

Edited by Zepol87
  • Hook 'Em 3

On 6/7/2023 at 11:15 PM, Zepol87 said:

Ok maybe a young thing?? Not sure just wasn’t for me

I thought the buff boys competition sketch was one of the dumbest things ever when i first watched it and now somehow ill randomly think of it and chuckle. Tiny Dinky Daffy getting "pancaked by a dump truck" just stuck with me for whatever reason.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

I thought the buff boys competition sketch was one of the dumbest things ever when i first watched it and now somehow ill randomly think of it and chuckle. Tiny Dinky Daffy getting "pancaked by a dump truck" just stuck with me for whatever reason.

"in memoriams don't usually include how they died" is genius

• Hook 'Em 2

On 4/13/2023 at 9:58 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

Yep.

And it shows how most cops are total fucking dipshits.

I like it as well.  Yeh, the cops should have found the little dipshit brother much sooner.  He was hiding a block away from the abandoned stolen Benz in a boat with blood clearly visible on the plastic cover.

My big take away is the number of people who recognized one or both of the terrorists and fucking did nothing.  Fuck them.  The MIT campus cop might not have been killed had someone called the FBI.  And fuck the roommates who actually impeded the investigation.  Glad they did some time.  

Saw ‘The Days’, A Fictionalized Account of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Accident. Tense, harrowing and kind of slow. 8 episodes but could have been 4. Will definitely make you think what if? Just really close to Japan losing 1/3 of its land and a shit load of people and animals becoming mutants. incompetence, misleading, ignorant abound by so many people, but they got lucky, real lucky. 2.5 out of 5 stars 

Will give the Japanese a bunch of credit for being so loyal to their family and country to risk their lives. Was really impressed by the culture (if accurate). 

On 6/7/2023 at 5:51 PM, aggie08 said:

Tried FUBAR for shits and giggles, and it’s the exact show you think it is: an unofficial True Lies equal with no Jim Cameron, good actors, or production value. Yet, it flirts with the “it’s so bad it’s kind of good” line. 

I finished it the other day but overall the show was kind of a stinker.  The shame of it was that Arnold is really the weak link in it.  He's terrible.   The story is kind of blade and predictable but enough.   The other cast members were all right.  I did think Roo and Aldon were funny.

I finished it the other day but overall the show was kind of a stinker.  The shame of it was that Arnold is really the weak link in it.  He's terrible.   The story is kind of blade and predictable but enough.   The other cast members were all right.  I did think Roo and Aldon were funny.

His daughter is hot, so there’s that.

Has anyone watched Sweet Tooth? Thoughts?

3 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Yes, that's the entire problem 

My problem with it is that it made me smirk only a couple of times. The dude is not funny, and he's supposed to be a gotdam comedian.

All he does is yell whenever an absurdist situation arises, which he scripted. It's fucking lame, and there's no clever about it.

Edited by bolverk
  • Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, bolverk said:

My problem with it is that it made me only smirk only a couple of times. The dude is not funny, and he's supposed to be a gotdam comedian.

All he does is yell whenever an absurdist situation arises, which he scripted. It's fucking lame, and there's no clever about it.

Maybe you're just upset with the way your life turned out and that you don't own doubles of all the classic cars. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, bolverk said:

My problem with it is that it made me only smirk only a couple of times. The dude is not funny, and he's supposed to be a gotdam comedian.

This. He’s one of the unfunniest “comedians” out there and literally his only way to express comedy is by yelling or making a dumb face. I can see why a 10 year old might find him funny but that’s it.

35 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Tim Robinson What GIF by NETFLIX

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, bolverk said:

My problem with it is that it made me smirk only a couple of times. The dude is not funny, and he's supposed to be a gotdam comedian.

There were a couple laughs but overall yeah, have an absurd situation and scream a bunch. 

23 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

His daughter is hot, so there’s that.

Has anyone watched Sweet Tooth? Thoughts?

I like Season 1 more than Season 2 but it's still an entertaining story line. It's not going to win any awards but I'll still watch Season 3 when it comes out to see where things go. I'd put it in the "if you like season 1" I'd keep watching but if you found season one to be "ehh" I'd probably skip it.

11 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Just started rewatching Madam Secretary.  It’s a really good series. I like these idealistic political dramas and they are such a contrast to the politics in this country now.  Tea Leoni is a pretty fine looking woman as well.

I thought it better than I would have thought. But when it looked like she was going to be president I just couldn't.

How did that play out? Watchable?

I finished Siren.  It was OK.  The competition has Arena challenges (very similar to Physical 100) and Base challenges (entirely different from Physical 100).  The Arena challenges were more interesting than the Base challenges IMO.  Contestants were not strategy wizards.  If this competition gets more seasons, I expect contestants will get smarter in learning from the mistakes of their predecessors.

On 6/26/2023 at 4:00 PM, Buzzrock said:

That 20 minute sequence near the beginning of Extraction 2 is absolutely bonkers. They should have released it in the theater. 

Felt like a western make of The Raid

and they filmed the movie at my old work place!

IMG_1700.jpeg

IMG_1701.jpeg