Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

I’m a sucker for cooking shows. Netflix has one called “The final table”

premise is 12 two person teams that each week cook a specific country’s national dish as picked out by a guest panel from that country which typically include a top flight food critic. 

The bottom three teams each week cook for one of the top chefs from that country (Top 50 restaurants in world type chefs) with losing team being eliminated  

In the finals the last two teams then break up and each of the four remaining chefs cook against one another. 

There’s no cash prize or trophy just a bunch of really talented chefs trying to beat each other. 

On 12/25/2018 at 11:02 AM, ATLLonghorn said:

I binged Sunderland 'Til I Die over the past two days and really liked it. Most sports documentary series are on championship caliber teams or at least teams that are good. I've never seen one featuring a team during its worst season ever and found it thoroughly and utterly fascinating. I came out of it hoping Sunderland makes it back to the EPL at some point. Really good watch.

Just finished it. Sunderland has an ohio type of vibe, folks trying to find self validation in a place that is a shell of its former self. 

• Like 1

Eternal Love.  Most popular tv series in China ever - over 50 billion views.  

58 or so episodes, 45 minute apiece.  People claim it’s epic, with elements of Zelda, Final Fantasy, and a bunch of other stuff.

who wants to binge over 43 hours of Chinese fantasy?

Spoiler

After a devastating war, the immortal tribe paid a heavy price to seal the ghost lord Qing Cang through the sacrifice of their God of War, Mo Yuan. 70,000 years later, in an attempt to re-seal the ghost lord who was about to break free, Bai Qian (Yang Mi)'s memories and powers were sealed by the ghost lord, and she was sent to the mortal realm to undergo a trial as part of her ascension to a High Goddess. Living as a mortal girl, she meets Ye Hua (Mark Chao) and the two fell in love, and Ye Hua gifts her the name of Su Su. In order to prevent the same tragedy (that happened to Sang Ji and Shao Xin) from befalling, Ye Hua attempts to fake his death while hiding Su Su from the Nine Heavens after she became pregnant. However, Ye Hua's plans were eventually thwarted and Su Su was brought to the Nine Heavens. Su Jin (Huang Mengying), who is jealous of Ye Hua's love for Su Su, intentionally creates a series of misunderstanding between them and causes Su Su to lose her eyes. Thinking that Ye Hua has betrayed her, the devastated Su Su jumps off from the Zhu Xian Terrace, an act fatal to all mortals. Instead of dying, the seal on her memories and powers is broken, restoring Su Su back to her goddess status. Unable to deal with the psychological trauma, Bai Qian consumes a potion to erase all her memories of the events after her powers were sealed, and she forgets Ye Hua.

Three hundred years later, Bai Qian and Ye Hua meet again as deities. Another lifetime, another world, Ye Hua recognizes Bai Qian as the woman he loves, but the latter remains indifferent. Ye Hua begins to pursue Bai Qian for the second time to regain her affections, and eventually succeeds when his love is requited. From beginning to end, time continues to flow and the lines of their fates continue to cross: an entanglement of three lives and three worlds and a road of peach blossoms.

Been watching Murder Mountain.  It is a pretty interesting docuseries.  About a county in Cali where they grow weed.  Goes through the illegal pot growers, to now that is it legalized and also talks about all the crimes/murders that happen there as well.  

finished sex education.. haha. love this lil werid show. I WANT MORE!

edit

Ruby with the "hairy snatch" is 20 in real life... so we gucci!

finished that on wednesday. Loved it. Yea Ruby would get that work all day. Also Olivia is a little baddie as well

Ruby

27f64b1940a9cc56694e26f6a5ec4b9c.jpg

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

Tonight is a Punisher and whiskey kind of night.

Finished Last Kingdom a couple weeks ago and wrapping up Happy tonight, looks like Punisher is next.

Happy was one strange, entertaining show. I’m not sure it could have been better cast than Meloni and Oswalt. The others are what they are, but those two were solid.

On 1/18/2019 at 10:01 AM, Neonmoon said:

Sex Education is on the best shows I’ve seen on Netflix in awhile. It’s really well written, acted, and deep for a coming of age comedy. 

Started watching on this recommendation. Not bad for a "coming of age" comedy.

Just watched Fyre. Good doc and yes what a complete elephant clusterfuck.   I really dislike those kind of people maybe worse than anybody.  

And there was never anything legit about that guy or his "companies".   He is a scam artist to his core and that's all he'll ever be.   Because sadly there will always be more suckers to give him their money.

Really liked the Fyre documentary.  It was interesting to hear from all the people involved and from the locals.  Really feel the locals that didn't get paid.  And holy shit at the guy that was getting ready suck dick for the aquafina water.  As for Billy and JaRule, fuck those guys.  That guy should be in jail the rest of his life.  What a fucking scam artist and fuck anyone that associates themselves with him.

I just finished Fyre.  Man fuck that POS and he should be in prison for way more than 6 years. I knew so many dbags like him in college who wanted the same fame and reputation as him but given the resources most of those dbags I knew would've actually succeeded where he failed. The part where he is actively email scamming people while he is out on bond for the Fyre shit is amazing. Dude has no concept of reality. 

On 1/10/2019 at 11:08 PM, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Anyone watching tidying up with Marie Kondo? We're on episode 2. What a mess this house is. We've got some unpacking to do with our not so much important stuff after moving in last month which I'm sure we'll adopt some of her methods

That said she can come off cringeworthy since she hardly speaks a english and everything about her is perfect.

I watched a couple episodes and I'm out.  The way these people live just stresses me.  I can't imagine the clutter.  My inlaws are like this and I stress everytime we visit.

However I did start fold8ng my clothes the way she recommended and its great.  Won't go back

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Deej said:

That one employee saying Billy came in and told them they weren't fired, but they had no jobs and wouldn't be paid. Had a hard time feeling sorry for her after the poor locals got a hell of a lot less than she did out of the deal.

my favorite was Ja Rule on the conference call: It isn't fraud. *awkward silence* ........................................................its false advertising 

• Like 2

Sex Education is on the best shows I’ve seen on Netflix in awhile. It’s really well written, acted, and deep for a coming of age comedy. 

Sex Education surprised me in a good way. We started it on a whim not really expecting anything and it turned out to be great. I’m looking forward to season 2 but it will probably be a year away.

I spent most of the first episode thinking Emma Mackey was Margot Robbie.

Watched IO last night.....meh....kept waiting for something cool to happen...but semi-watchable.  Its only 90 mins

I thought IO was decent but I had zero expectations and watched it on a lazy Sunday morning. It was ok for what it was. Don’t expect too much plot wise but it’s a movie where your imagination can fill in around what it actually shows you.

22 minutes ago, wild_turkey said:

Sex Education surprised me in a good way. We started it on a whim not really expecting anything and it turned out to be great. I’m looking forward to season 2 but it will probably be a year away.

I spent most of the first episode thinking Emma Mackey was Margot Robbie.

I kept thinking that the lead kid Asa looks like the friend in Big Mouth. The storylines aren’t that dissimilar. 

Hulu was more in depth about the crime and billy talks to the camera about it.

Netflix made you feel more that you were going to attend the shitshow

Both were good. At that point do investors not see the writing though? I mean giving this guy so much to invest in an island that barely has plumbing and electricity?

Blink 182 come out as the real winners in this