Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

15 minutes ago, Chips O'Toole said:

My wife is riding this crazy train as well. I honestly don't know what the fuck to think re:owltheory, but watching it a few years ago I didn't think he did it.

I know it sounds crazy but after a little research, it seems pretty accurate and possible. Or there is an extra scene that explains it on Netflix. 

Edited by RockyMountainHighHorn

2 hours ago, Chips O'Toole said:
2 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
The new Queer Eye is great.

It is, and I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the old version too.

The new one has made me cry twice, and this is just season 1 (I didn't start watching until today).  The one with AJ coming out to his stepmom was really moving.  I am on the one with Bobby and Vera and all the kids.  Also a really good episode.

Don't waste your time with the new Netflix thriller "How it Ends".  Watched it last night on a whim without reading reviews.  Holy crap.  What a shit-tastic movie.  Great (although over-used) premise about armageddon, but the lack of character development, random events that don't even remotely affect the storyline and absolutely gaping plot holes plus a bullshit ending left me pissed off more than amused.  That move sucked all kinds of ass.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drifter379 said:

Just started Parks and Recreation.
I've seen a couple of random episodes but starting from the beginning for the first time.

That's a funny damn show.

yeah if you can get thru the first season (6 episodes) then you're in for a treat.  they really didn't seem to know what the show was yet.

On 5/7/2018 at 9:37 PM, D_Goose said:

Meru. Bad ass mountain climbing/adventure doc about a trio of climbers' attempts to climb one of the hardest routes on one of the most dangerous peaks in the Himalayas. Amazing story and awesome scenery.

Echoing this. Great production and narration. Very compelling story.

On 3/25/2018 at 10:55 AM, kmac30 said:

I blitzkreig'd Babylon Berlin season 1 on my way home from Italy yesterday.  Awesome series. I took German in high school and college and it's actually coming back as its going along.  Makes it easier to only read half of the show.

Surprised this series doesn't have its own thread. I'm about 3/4 of the way through and am loving it.  The performances are all pretty good.  Carlotta (Charlotte) played the lesbian hookup of the assassin in Counterpart, and it's interesting to see her in a different (and much more prominent) role.

The Russian countess/singer looks like an older Maria Sharapova.

On 7/17/2018 at 1:44 PM, smoky said:

Swenson's > Ahoy

Is Ahoy a real thing?  Never heard of it before, and I am guessing not since that looks like Steve wearing the Gilligan hat (i.e., it will somehow figure prominently in next season).

On 7/20/2018 at 2:56 PM, DDD Dad said:

Surprised this series doesn't have its own thread. I'm about 3/4 of the way through and am loving it.  The performances are all pretty good.  Carlotta (Charlotte) played the lesbian hookup of the assassin in Counterpart, and it's interesting to see her in a different (and much more prominent) role.

The Russian countess/singer looks like an older Maria Sharapova.

Yeah, Babylon Berlin was pretty cool. Between it and Peaky Blinders I almost started looking for some interwar European guns to add to the collection. So many .32s and such. They really didnt worry about having enough power back then.

I just finished Nazi Mega Weapons and Nazi Mega structures and the intro where the voiceover says "Nazi weapons of death that killed millions.... Is brought to you by.... viewers like you!" was a little awkward but ultimately accurate statement.

Edited by trza-hawk

Season 2 is go for Altered Carbon

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/altered-carbon-renewed-season-2-new-star-anthony-mackie-1130243

Netflix is bringing back sci-fi drama Altered Carbon for a second season with a new leading man.

Captain America star Anthony Mackie will take over the leading role of Takeshi Kovacs, stepping in for season one star Joel Kinnaman. Additionally, Alison Schapker (Scandal, The Flash, Fringe, Alias) has joined the drama from Skydance Television as co-showrunner alongside Laeta Kalogridis. A season two episode count or return date have not yet been determined for the pricey, effects-heavy drama.

• Like 2

Netflix may have finally done a decent sci-fi movie with Extinction.  Not bad 

Watched it the other night. In general I thought it was a really good premise but just couldn’t execute. Felt the scenes were rushed and unpolished—and Michael Pena was really miscast. Much, MUCH better than How It Ends, though. What a piece of shit...

3 hours ago, yoshi said:

Flaming piece of garbage.   I've seen a lot of bad Happy Madison movies, but that one has to be very near the bottom.   

That was legit ass.

Happy Madison has some good ones, and even the mediocre ones are good enough, but the duds are like, the biggest duds ever.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Madison_Productions

That might have been worse than Joe Dirt 2 or Bucky Larson.

15 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

That movie had to be written for Sandler and he backed out of it.

Nah, it's just a way for Sandler to keep his buddies getting paid. Only excuse for these abominations that he's putting on Netflix. 

On 7/24/2018 at 10:13 AM, tantric superman said:

I'm a sucker for anything wolf/dog/Jack London, so enjoyed killing a bit over an hour with White Fang.  Would have preferred just a silent film about dog wolves in the Klondike.  Some pretty little scenes when he was a puppy.

Jack London is my great-great-great-great-great-great grandfather. Put it on my fucking montage. 

Babylon Berlin is best new series I’ve seen in years. Lotte gave me many boners.