Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

34 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Anyone here a Last Kingdom fan?  Season 3 is coming exclusively to Netflix.  I just now rewatched Season 1 and watched all of Season 2.  Am a fan.

Is this the show about the Vikings' invasion of Britain?  If so, yes I watched the first season and thought it was decent.  Haven't watched any of the second season yet.  Wife hated it.

Edited by DDD Dad

20 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Is this the show about the Vikings' invasion of Britain?  If so, yes I watched the first season and thought it was decent.  Haven't watched any of the second season yet.  Wife hated it.

Sort of.  It is really about the Anglo-Saxon struggles with the Vikings.  First two seasons feature the reign of Alfred the great and Wessex and Mercia.  Really, really interesting stuff, especially since it is based in real life history.

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Anyone here a Last Kingdom fan?  Season 3 is coming exclusively to Netflix.  I just now rewatched Season 1 and watched all of Season 2.  Am a fan.

Yes. Love the show. I was just wondering not long ago about Season 3. 

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Sort of.  It is really about the Anglo-Saxon struggles with the Vikings.  First two seasons feature the reign of Alfred the great and Wessex and Mercia.  Really, really interesting stuff, especially since it is based in real life history.

Yes, that's the one.  I had planned on watching season 2 but because the wife hated it finding time to watch alone is hard.

19 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

Funny, I wasn't really into it but the wife loved it. She talked me into sticking with it and I am glad she did. Stoked for season 3. Read somewhere they almost didn't pick it up for another season. 

32 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Funny, I wasn't really into it but the wife loved it. She talked me into sticking with it and I am glad she did. Stoked for season 3. Read somewhere they almost didn't pick it up for another season. 

I love the show, but it was a struggle for me to get through the first few episodes. Took me a few tries, but I'm damn glad I stuck it out. 

Watched the first episode of Last Kingdom last night. Was pretty good. Wife was going to save baby pandas the whole time, but ended up getting interested in it too. It's kinda cool because my great great great great grandfather emigrated from Denmark in the 1830s. The rest of my heritage is mostly a mix of English and Scotts Irish though with at least a little French and Native American, though, so most of my ancestors were the ones getting raped and pillaged instead of the ones doing it.

1 hour ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Watched the first episode of Last Kingdom last night. Was pretty good. Wife was going to save baby pandas the whole time, but ended up getting interested in it too. It's kinda cool because my great great great great grandfather emigrated from Denmark in the 1830s. The rest of my heritage is mostly a mix of English and Scotts Irish though with at least a little French and Native American, though, so most of my ancestors were the ones getting raped and pillaged instead of the ones doing it.

Is this a metaphor for something that's clearly going over my head? 

• Like 1

Watched "I am A Killer" docuseries on netflix. Camera crew goes into prison and interviews dudes convicted of murder, several of whom are sitting on death row. It's 9 episodes and I think 4 of them dealt with Texas cases. By far the most interesting episode was episode 4, centered around two guys who committed a triple murder in Laredo as teenagers. The satanic worshipper guy came across as the most honest interview subject in the whole series. Pretty fucked up psyche he has, and the scariest thing is that he's getting out one day. 

6 hours ago, Helobious said:

Watched "I am A Killer" docuseries on netflix. Camera crew goes into prison and interviews dudes convicted of murder, several of whom are sitting on death row. It's 9 episodes and I think 4 of them dealt with Texas cases. By far the most interesting episode was episode 4, centered around two guys who committed a triple murder in Laredo as teenagers. The satanic worshipper guy came across as the most honest interview subject in the whole series. Pretty fucked up psyche he has, and the scariest thing is that he's getting out one day. 

I'm torn on this series.  On one hand it is educational, and murderers have been interviewed before.  On the other hand, they are profiting off the terrible tragedies that some families have had to go through.  Unless, of course, they are getting proceeds.

Corbin Nash (2018)

After discovering that he hails from a long line of demon hunters, Corbin Nash heads to Los Angeles and battles two brutal, bloodthirsty vampires.

Dean S. Jagger

Corey Feldman

Malcolm McDowell

Rutger Hauer

Bruce Davison

In years past, that would have been a solid cast (well maybe not Jagger).

On 8/14/2018 at 8:28 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Insatiable is such a weird story, and Debby Ryan is a cocktease throughout. 

Is she old enough to lust after yet?  Asking for myself 

edit

whoa shes 25. I’m good 

Edited by Lhorn

On 8/15/2018 at 2:32 PM, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I watched the first episode but couldn' t get past the background score with that middle-eastern music like from 300 or something. Got damn Vikings fighting Saxons and whatnot on the screen and I'm listening to Ali baba and his magical lamp or some shit? 

On 8/15/2018 at 10:22 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Hostiles.  Christian Bale.  Wes Studi.  Western.  

If you know nothing about it, just watch it.

Watched it last night, and enjoyed it quite a bit.  I hesitate to say it, because I know he can divide folks, but reminded me quite a bit of  Terrence Malick movies.  But that could be the beer talking.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Watched it last night, and enjoyed it quite a bit.  I hesitate to say it, because I know he can divide folks, but reminded me quite a bit of  Terrence Malick movies.  But that could be the beer talking.

I do appreciate the heads up. I shall pass on this one.

Also, can someone explain the Ryan Reynolds character to me?

Spoiler

He didn't care to gamble but he followed a degenerate around and gave him money to gamble?  I also didn't understand the scene where he challenged the guy on the basketball court and said he didn't have any money after he lost.

I thought Mississippi Grind was weird.  
Spoiler A couple of guys have ruined their lives and the lives of those around them.  They can't stop gambling.  At the end, they double down and win a bunch of money.  Yeah!

Should have called it California Split II, which was actually pretty good.