Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

2 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

To All the Boys I've Loved Before

Great flick, I gave it similar smiles to the Candy Jar.

Teen drama/romance and comedy 

2018 John Hughes teen flick, and I say that with admiration for that genre.  Plus the main character is really really cute

• Like 1

That movie confused me.  The main character/middle daughter looked 100% Asian.  The youngest looked half-Asian.  The oldest looked Latinx.  And she looked 30 fucking years old.  I thought it was like, the stepmom at first because she looked nothing like the other 2 sisters.

What the hell has happened to John Cusak?   Is he in major debt like Nic Cage?  He's making even worse straight to Netflix movies movies than Cage.   Hell, I think there's even a straight to netflix movie starring Nic Cage and John Cusak.    

I watched Blood Money with John Cusak this weekend and he was just a sad shell of himself in that movie.   Very low budget movie. 

29 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

I’m a Kevin Smith fan and decided to watch Tusk... I’m going to have serious difficulty forgetting a couple of very disturbing scenes. 

Yeah, I mentioned on the other board, I didn't know what I was in for.  I never watched those Centipede movies.  It took me awhile to get that out of my head.  Fucked up.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2018 at 9:53 PM, atomheartbevo said:

Don't.  Hostiles is a damn solid western.  It's brutal as hell, but the cast and cinematography are amazing.

Ok, I caught it last night and thought it was good. I did think the time-line was stupid. It should have been more around 1872 not 92. A couple of other things you could nitpick, but it was a solid movie.

20 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Extinction: not bad, felt like a long middle-of-the-pack episode of Black Mirror.

Also, I just figured out I can pair my Apple AirPods with my Apple TV. Game changer. No more subtitles.

I may have to spring for a pair just for that. 

On 8/27/2018 at 3:52 PM, Js1 said:

That movie confused me.  The main character/middle daughter looked 100% Asian.  The youngest looked half-Asian.  The oldest looked Latinx.  And she looked 30 fucking years old.  I thought it was like, the stepmom at first because she looked nothing like the other 2 sisters.

Spoiler

I agree.  Overall the movie was not bad.  My son enjoyed it, as he is in high school.  Had a bit of a Can't Buy me Love vibe to it.    However I do get tired of these teen movies that have them all going to Beverly Hills High, driving new Lexuses when they are 16 and stuff. 

52 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Watched A Most Violent Year (or something like that).  It set up pretty well then had an extremely rushed ending.  

I kept waiting for all the violence.   There wasn't a whole lot for a movie called A Most Violent Year. 

• Like 1