Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

The recruit - very good watch. Fresh out of law school hire working in the cia general counsel’s office. 

I'm like half through it because I was high and thought it was a movie.  Then it flipped to episode 2 and I was like, I guess I'm in it for the long haul 

• Haha 2

So Wednesday is pretty fun actually.  We nailed the big bad  episode 1 and second big bad is plainly obvious once it’s discussed.   But even with about a 50/50 chance on the actors being adequate, it was still entertaining enough.  It’s getting massive attention so expect a number of seasons.  

Luis Guzman as a jaundiced, Gross Gomez Addams was a choice.  

• Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, Shaddie said:

I just saw the last episode and not sure what the hell happened. 
Good teaser for next season. Hopefully they continue it. 

Netflix scares me with renewals sometimes.  I have one episode left and after episode 7, I knew they wouldn't wrap it up with one episode left.

Also, Amelia is such a fucking boss bitch, I love her. 

Don’t Pick up the Phone is crazy. So many dumb people in this country willing to go along with anything. 

I kinda wish I hadn’t watched it. They linger too long on the individual crimes and it starts to get lurid and creepy. We get it.

And then wow were there some terrible police/attorneys involved. Boston copper definitely fucked up, and I can’t believe how bad the lawyer for Mickey D’s was.

On 12/16/2022 at 12:51 PM, Speedtrucker said:

The Detectorists.

Awesome show and here is y’all’s Christmas Day present:

Boxing Day 2022 will see the release of The Detectorists Christmas special episode!!!

We get 1 more episode from the crew.

Awesome. Absolutely love that show. Will it be available over here?

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/19/2022 at 10:34 AM, tx 3 putt said:

The recruit - very good watch. Fresh out of law school hire working in the cia general counsel’s office. 

22 hours ago, Js1 said:

I'm like half through it because I was high and thought it was a movie.  Then it flipped to episode 2 and I was like, I guess I'm in it for the long haul 

22 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

damn it’s good 

19 hours ago, Shaddie said:

I just saw the last episode and not sure what the hell happened. 
Good teaser for next season. Hopefully they continue it. 

19 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

they better continue it 

4 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

never knew attorneys for the cia did so much traveling. that dude is on a plane every day. 

On episode 4. I love this show. 

was thinking it was gonna be lame. But it’s not. It’s really good 

didn’t think the boys I never loved dude and the chick from atypical would find work again. 

but the dude killin it. Good job man 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

With them being Arrested Dev alum and podcast bros, that was hilarious.

Adding Pete Davidson was a waste of time.

Bateman mumbling that payback would be coming while he’s being improved to do some really crazy stuff by Arnett had me rolling

12 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Damn right. It was fucking awesome until he showed up. The Bulgarian Pizza restaurant bit with Bateman as the Canadian was tits.

He didn't even know why he was there. I didn't understand the approach of adding guests along the way. Especially when...

Spoiler

the killer was the first interview! So Bateman was the only one with a chance to guess it correctly. 

It was still funny though. It's a creative concept for a show.

The New Zealand volcano disaster documentary is pretty gnarly. It’s crazy that they were running multiple tours per day to an active volcano.

We enjoyed it as well. Great photography. What a tragedy for those families. The literature for the tours made it sound like a nature walk in a city park. I can’t imagine our Coast Guard just shutting down all efforts at aid like those fuckibg kiwi rescue groups. Completely abandoned those poor souls.

We started this last night.

Amusing and we are involved enough to keep watching.

I will say tho, that first episode traveling to Yemen had me yelling at the TV about no one would ever travel in their own passport! He’d need at least an official passport if not a diplomatic passport!!! He’s gonna get himself merced!

To which they answered it but still I was joking with my wife about it.

I like this dude and the plot through 3 episodes.

He kinda reminds me of a poor man’s mark ruffalo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, ATXhorn17 said:

Just makes me miss the football version. The new basketball seasons aren’t nearly as entertaining or interesting.

Agree that I miss the football version.  Maybe if we are lucky they will listen to the audience and do that again.  

On 12/20/2022 at 8:51 PM, Scraps said:

What the fuck am I watching.

I am only like 20 mins in and the dumb is strong

i actually turned the show off after about 20 minutes because everyone involved was so painstakingly stupid. if you take a drink every time the sheriff from Kentucky says, "I'm thankin'..." you'll die of alcohol poisoning before the third episode ends. "i'm thankin', wait a minute hold on, what's going on here?"; "i'm thankin' that the caller called from the payphone across the street."; "i'm thankin' wow, ain't no way that phone call was made from that pay phone." that dude was damn near a real life parody of a dumbass, hillbilly sheriff. just plain simple and stupid. and he's one of the heroes of the story, lol. 

i eventually went back and finished the show, but god damn it was hard to watch at times. honestly just painful knowing how many truly simple, and just plain stupid people are out there among us. flashbacks to "Abducted In Plain Sight." it just makes you shake your head in disbelief that these abjectly simple adult human beings exist all around us. it's depressing. 

Edited by shadow_operative

I watched Don't Pick Up the Phone last night. Every one of those people that went along with that shit should be in jail for being such stupid fucking assholes. In the Kentucky one, a fucking janitor is able to realize it's not real after talking to the guy on the phone for like ten seconds. God damn it people are dumb.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

i remember one of the managers who was being interviewed by police after strip searching his employee was asked why he didn't just hang up the phone, and he said, "he wouldn't let me!!!" dude, who the hell is "he"? some voice on the other end of the phone? what kind of grown ass adult man can think that way? "he wouldn't let me." jesus christ that's so sad. 

Anyone else watching Under the Queens Umbrella? Kind of a Korean House of the Dragon. I’m more than halfway thru the 16 one hour plus episodes and am fascinated. Just seems to get better and better. A must watch for those with a touch of the yellow fever.

Only problem I have with the show is that the actress playing the Queen has obviously had some work done. I mean I know the Koreans are big in the plastic surgery world but I don’t think much work was being done a few hundred years ago.

i actually turned the show off after about 20 minutes because everyone involved was so painstakingly stupid. if you take a drink every time the sheriff from Kentucky says, "I'm thankin'..." you'll die of alcohol poisoning before the third episode ends. "i'm thankin', wait a minute hold on, what's going on here?"; "i'm thankin' that the caller called from the payphone across the street."; "i'm thankin' wow, ain't no way that phone call was made from that pay phone." that dude was damn near a real life parody of a dumbass, hillbilly sheriff. just plain simple and stupid. and he's one of the heroes of the story, lol. 
i eventually went back and finished the show, but god damn it was hard to watch at times. honestly just painful knowing how many truly simple, and just plain stupid people are out there among us. flashbacks to "Abducted In Plain Sight." it just makes you shake your head in disbelief that these abjectly simple adult human beings exist all around us. it's depressing. 

What got me was the cops thinking they had a slam dunk case. Why didn’t they put him under surveillance and catch him in the act?

We enjoyed the concept. We binged the whole thing over the weekend. The episodes quality was dependent on the judge chef as they determined the ingredients and the progression. I thought the ones who have the most experience in competition as a competitor and judge did the best. I thought Blais and Cookston did the best, Nyesha Arrington the worst. She just fucked with people but she hates home cooks on next level chef too.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Agree with all on the Recruit.  Hopefully we will get another season.

On another note, I could be way behind the curve but that documentary on Sparks was cool as Hell!  I was probably one of tens of people who actually went to the theater when I was a kid to see Rollercoaster.  I wondered why Adolph Hitler was playing music in an amusement park.  Those two brothers have just middle fingered the music industry for half a century.

Merry Christmas, Surly.

SWCFROG

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Forgive the thread interruption but I figure it's worth letting y'all know about 2 free months on apple tv+ for the taking, esp now that they've raise their rate.

This code is actually good for 2 months + 7 days free.

https://redeem.apple.com/emancipation-us?locale=en-us&itscg=80121&itsct=emancipation_ws_offer_22

You'll need to create an itunes account first and input your credit card. But you can cancel free of charge approximately 65 days after you sign up, February being a short month. I think the promo will last another week or two.

If you've had apple tv before you just need to create a new itunes account using a different email address and you should be good to go. 

• Hook 'Em 1