Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

Watched the Hatchet Hitchhiker last night.    Pretty crazy, cant believe I never heard that story.  I came away somewhat sympathetic to the guy.  I feel like he got raped, but no way his personality is going to give him the benefit of the doubt, way too may stories out there for him to mount any kind of defense.  The laced joint comment, cutting his hair, going back to the scene obviously shows premeditation.  Bizarre story. Feel bad for the guy, with all those degenerate reality TV types trying to make profiteer off him.  Dude just wanted to get high, vagabond and surf.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

Watched the Hatchet Hitchhiker last night.    Pretty crazy, cant believe I never heard that story.  I came away somewhat sympathetic to the guy.  I feel like he got raped, but no way his personality is going to give him the benefit of the doubt, way too may stories out there for him to mount any kind of defense.  The laced joint comment, cutting his hair, going back to the scene obviously shows premeditation.  Bizarre story. Feel bad for the guy, with all those degenerate reality TV types trying to make profiteer off him.  Dude just wanted to get high, vagabond and surf.

Yeah I have so many questions about the Lawyer he killed. Ummm, you just asked a homeless dude to come drink at your house? Someone 40 years younger? Seems a bitch strange. 

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Yeah I have so many questions about the Lawyer he killed. Ummm, you just asked a homeless dude to come drink at your house? Someone 40 years younger? Seems a bitch strange. 

My thoughts exactly, in Times Square , no less. I know that place is cleaned up ,  but from what little I could tell, seems like he date rape drugged the kid. 

watching The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window with Kristen Bell and i'm not sure what to think.  was expecting it to be a send up of Gone Girl and The Girl on the Train with the overly long title, comedic actress, etc.  two episodes in (1/4 of the season) and maybe i'm getting it?  there's a lot of absurd things going on but nothing funny yet. 

1 hour ago, elfenix said:

watching The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window with Kristen Bell and i'm not sure what to think.  was expecting it to be a send up of Gone Girl and The Girl on the Train with the overly long title, comedic actress, etc.  two episodes in (1/4 of the season) and maybe i'm getting it?  there's a lot of absurd things going on but nothing funny yet. 

it continues to remain unfunny

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 1/13/2023 at 9:31 PM, burntorangebongos said:

Sing Street about an 80's Dublin kid that forms a band to get a pretty girl to notice him. Leaving on Jan 31st. It is a good little movie.

Yep. This is a good one. Sweet. Got some heart. Doesn't drag. Catchy songs. Worth your time.

Love movies like this.

Sing Street about an 80's Dublin kid that forms a band to get a pretty girl to notice him. Leaving on Jan 31st. It is a good little movie.

Wait. There are people that haven’t seen Sing Street? This was huge with my kids and their friends 4-5 years ago. Definitely see this movie if you haven’t, especially if you like 80s music. Great for all ages.

1 hour ago, lateshow said:

I haven't combed through 136 pages, and I ain't gonna.

Has anyone watched Inside Man?

Yes.  It is very ridiculous, more ridiculous than anyone should have to try to put up with.  Do not recommend.  Tucci was great though.

• Hook 'Em 1

No Hulu thread on the first page so whatever, dumping this here.

Mel Brooks' History of the World part 2 is coming out in March on Hulu (it doesn't look like there will be hitler on ice like the first movie had in its fake teaser for pt 2).

Straight nostalgia and I'm ok with that.  I don't think it will be even close to as good as the first, but am hoping since Brooks is involved that it will be somewhat decent. 

Edited by BlueGreySky

s3 of Derry Girls was excellent. It had the advantage of only being 3 seasons long so it didn't go stale at all but the finale has to be among the top of all finales of all time. Never in a million years would I have watched that series but for the comments here. Tip of the hat to all. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

On 1/15/2023 at 11:04 PM, wutang75 said:

Wait. There are people that haven’t seen Sing Street? This was huge with my kids and their friends 4-5 years ago. Definitely see this movie if you haven’t, especially if you like 80s music. Great for all ages.

Great movie , watched it 2x 

• Hook 'Em 1

I haven't combed through 136 pages, and I ain't gonna.

Has anyone watched Inside Man?

Yes. Tucci is great and it’s an okay watch.

I have a real hard time with movies where the whole plot falls apart if people just listened to the other person. This is one of those.

I enjoyed Woo.  It took a few episodes to get everyone fully into character, but eventually there was some pretty nice character development.   Most of the stories were pretty well thought out and not overly trite, so you weren't solving the whodunit 10 minutes into the show.   

I'm watching The Glory, which is another Korean series on revenge for childhood bullying.  It's kind of hard to follow because so many of the names are similar.  Like I can't even distinguish between female and male names, because  Su Yo Loengu means nothing to me, not like Ted or Bill or Sue would.  So it takes a while to get everyone sorted.   That and the dubbing is really bad at times, really distracts.  But the story seems good so far and makes me anticipate the next episode.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, pyrohornIII said:

Like I can't even distinguish between female and male names, because  Su Yo Loengu means nothing to me, not like Ted or Bill or Sue would. 

I think this is the line you were looking for:

Frank or George or Bill or Tom, anything but Sue

On 1/18/2023 at 2:35 PM, Chopper said:

s3 of Derry Girls was excellent. It had the advantage of only being 3 seasons long so it didn't go stale at all but the finale has to be among the top of all finales of all time. Never in a million years would I have watched that series but for the comments here. Tip of the hat to all. 

Don't spend a lot of time on Surly these days so I didn't know there were Derry Girls fans in here, but the scene in season 3 where 

Spoiler

they bring in Uncle Colm to talk to Liam Neeson's constable character

is one of the most laugh out loud bits I've seen in a TV show in recent years.

• Hook 'Em 1

That 90's Show has knocked it out of the park for the first three episodes I watched tonight. They did a great job of giving it the same feel as That 70's Show, and they nailed the casting from what I've seen. The actors who are supposed to be kids of the original cast actually look like they could be their kids and do a great job of picking up on their "parents" characteristics. I wish there was more than ten episodes.

1 hour ago, ATLLonghorn said:

Don't spend a lot of time on Surly these days so I didn't know there were Derry Girls fans in here, but the scene in season 3 where 

Reveal hidden contents

they bring in Uncle Colm to talk to Liam Neeson's constable character

is one of the most laugh out loud bits I've seen in a TV show in recent years.

Liam neeson is a scary good comedic actor.  His timing is flawless. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto