Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

On 12/4/2020 at 11:53 PM, pyrohornIII said:

I got through about 2 episodes of it and stopped.   Did it get better?   Too much like the history channel schlock for me where they repeat so much stuff to make an hour long show out of 30 minutes.  Plus they didn't really get down to the details of what they did to make the repairs.   Guess that was too technical.   

Watch these channels - I will have them on while I'm doing other stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF3i1_lHJXYSJaeTroSewHA

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPZY4GJGhA_t5adHFnTIHpQ

This guy doesn't do background music, so you hear everything he's doing.

https://www.youtube.com/user/theDIYSRC

Example of the last guy

10 hours ago, trza-hawk said:

The show about chinese food uses some kind of super close up camera to get the money shots of the food while it is cooking. Just a real good amount of focus on small food items. The establishing shots of rural china and the marketplaces that set up the food shots are good too. Just a meticulously well shot food show.

10 hours ago, Texas St. Armadillos said:

Which show is this?

9 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Alien worlds 

spacer.png

And just in case I wasn't clear enough, anyone who thinks that Peaky Blinders is a great show has terrible taste, and should be summarily ignored when it comes to television/streaming recommendations. It's the Sam Ehlinger of shows on this site- it's fine; maybe even above average- but the hype would have you believe that VY and Colt could only aspire to this level of greatness, which is a hilariously stupid take. There's no rational explanation for it.

Best I can guess? Well, I had a HS teacher who used to say, "There are no stupid questions; only stupid people who ask questions." With PB, i think it's very similar- there are no stupid TV shows; only stupid people who slurp Peaky Blinders like it *isn't* boring, derivative, slow, and uneventful. 

Edited by shadow_operative

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

And just in case I wasn't clear enough, anyone who thinks that Peaky Blinders is a great show has terrible taste, and should be summarily ignored when it comes to television/streaming recommendations. It's the Sam Ehlinger of shows on this site- it's fine; maybe even above average- but the hype would have you believe that VY and Colt could only aspire to this level of greatness, which is a hilariously stupid take. There's no rational explanation for it.

Best I can guess? Well, I had a HS teacher who used to say, "There are no stupid questions; only stupid people who ask questions." With PB, i think it's very similar- there are no stupid TV shows; only stupid people who slurp Peaky Blinders like it *isn't* boring, derivative, slow, and uneventful. 

That’s your opinion so I can’t say that you’re wrong. 
but you’re not right. 

• Hook 'Em 1

If I somewhat agree with this take do I have to send my login info to immamac and ask him to change the password?

15 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Damn dude.  Thanks for insulting all of us who are able to put aside whatever petty little problems you have with this show and just enjoy it for what it is.   You have such a hard on for this show that I don't think you can be unbiased about it.  I believe this is the new Derka handle and if so, you've been on this anti-PB rampage for 5 years.   We get it.  You don't like it.   Some of us do.  It doesn't make us stupid.  Based on reviews and viewer reactions around the fucking world, I'd say this is more of a Derka problem and you have a blind spot about it.  In other words, fuck you.  You're stupid.  

15 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

have you seen what the people around here say about Peaky Blinders (the British version of Sons of Anarchy)? they say it makes Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, and The Wire look like Lone Star 911. shit is hilarious. 

And nobody says that Derka.  At least be honest where you're being insulting.  

7 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

lol, lighten up francis. it's too easy to get you PB fans' goat. 

I don't care about the show that much.  It's a B-.  You sitting up on your high horse acting like your superior and we're you intellectual inferiors because you don't understand a fucking TV show gets my goat.  

Jesus that’s a horrible take, Peaky Blinders is one of the best shows ever

lol, ok. if that's true, then the term "derka'd" now means the exact opposite of what it originally meant. someone used to post an opinion post, often done so with the explicit purpose of upsetting me and eliciting a response; i'd fall for it, i'd go nuclear for six posts in a row, you'd all laugh at me, and then you would say, "derka'd". that was a decade+ ago. now, the literal inverse of this happens, and you somehow still say "derka'd". come on guys. make up your minds. you don't get to have it both ways.

Watching The Liberator about a company in WW2 from Oklahoma (and near by) made up of Mexicans, Indians and rednecks. The only problem is it's some sort of live action that has been animated and the budget was low. They should have skipped the animation.

10 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

Speaking of dipshits, whatever happened to Rocko?  Did he migrate over here and change his name?  

so, i'm actually derka himself, and yet i'm able to enrage you, and cause you to lose your shit, and to go off the rails, not just for a bunch of posts in a row, but apparently for even several days in a row, seeing as you're still clearly not over it. and all because of a netflix show that you like. so then, what does that say about you, Go Pokes? perhaps something to ponder on while you're derailing this thread asking where rocko went, as if we don't have a forum and specific thread that kind of thing. be sure to let me know what you come up with. happy hunting. 

so, i'm actually derka himself, and yet i'm able to enrage you, and cause you to lose your shit, and to go off the rails, not just for a bunch of posts in a row, but apparently for even several days in a row, seeing as you're still clearly not over it. and all because of a netflix show that you like. so then, what does that say about you, Go Pokes? perhaps something to ponder on while you're derailing this thread asking where rocko went, as if we don't have a forum and specific thread that kind of thing. be sure to let me know what you come up with. happy hunting. 
Fuck off already. We don't care.
  • Fuck You 1

11 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Read more  

Fuck off already. We don't care.

wrong. wrong. if you (and in particular Okie Lite) didn't care then you wouldn't comment on it, or in his case, keep pressing the issue over and over, refusing to let it go. i'm not the one spazzing out and spamming the thread with raving, angry posts because someone else doesn't like my show. i'm not the one who brought the old issue back up today because he was still butthurt. that was him, not me. 

as for you, you're still just an insane person who has held a grudge against me for five years because your delusional ass convinced yourself that i said that kids with aspergers need to be beaten into submission (literally while i was volunteering/working with young people with the condition). both of you can drop it and move on whenever you feel like it. or just keep whining and making it an issue. your call. 

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

question for those of you who watch this Big Mouth show: how many of the following animated shows have you seen, and how does BM compare?

Rick and Morty

South Park

Bojack

Bob's Burgers

If you’re really derka I’ll probably regret this, but I’d say better than Bobs Burgers, not as good as Rick and Morty or South Park, and comparable to Bojack, but for very different reasons.

Just now, shadow_operative said:

question for those of you who watch this Big Mouth show: how many of the following animated shows have you seen, and how does BM compare?

Rick and Morty

South Park

Bojack

Bob's Burgers

It’s not any of those shows. But if I had to give you something, it’s kinda sorta like if trey Parker and Matt stone wrote about a group of 13 year olds dealing with puberty. 

wrong. wrong. if you (and in particular Okie Lite) didn't care then you wouldn't comment on it, or in his case, keep pressing the issue over and over, refusing to let it go. i'm not the one spazzing out and spamming the thread with raving, angry posts because someone else doesn't like my show. i'm not the one who brought the old issue back up today because he was still butthurt. that was him, not me. 
as for you, you're still just an insane person who has held a grudge against me for five years because your delusional ass convinced yourself that i said that kids with aspergers need to be beaten into submission (literally while i was volunteering/working with young people with the condition). both of you can drop it and move on whenever you feel like it. or just keep whining and making it an issue. your call. 
Fuck off. But give us another wall of text and a video about it first.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

52 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It’s not any of those shows. But if I had to give you something, it’s kinda sorta like if trey Parker and Matt stone wrote about a group of 13 year olds dealing with puberty. 

Yeah that’s what I’d say too. 

Tried out Barbarians for the cheese, violence, and smoke. Wasn’t disappointed. 

ETA: for what it’s worth I like the original German audio with subtitles better than the dubbed audio. I like hearing the actors’ real voices. 

Edited by Buzzrock
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
14 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Read more  

Fuck off. But give us another wall of text and a video about it first.

New motto?