Lake Granbury, TX

Staying at "the Inn on Lake Granbury".  Need a couple of "nice quiet meals" that the wife would like (1890 and Farina Wine from Trip Advisor?) and at least one gnarly Texana one for me for lunch.

Any other advice would be appreciated.  I'm not a Lake Granbury type I don't think  so my plan is to stay in the pool for the 48 hours or so that we are there.

Not in Granbury, but 15 miles north in Cresson is Barbecue on the Brazos which is legit, imho.
Good recommendation because BBQ on the Brazos is pretty awesome, but they just closed down. Star Telegram said they had a dispute with the landlord at the Texaco station they were in. They say they will reopen in a new location at some point but for now they are a no go.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, TyphoonSe7en said:

Good recommendation because BBQ on the Brazos is pretty awesome, but they just closed down. Star Telegram said they had a dispute with the landlord at the Texaco station they were in. They say they will reopen in a new location at some point but for now they are a no go.

Sad panda!  Will await the re-opening elsewhere I guess. Thanks for the heads up.

21 hours ago, TyphoonSe7en said:

Good thing that I ate at Whataburger in Granbury yesterday instead of waiting until I passed BBQ on the Brazos.

Staying at "the Inn on Lake Granbury".  Need a couple of "nice quiet meals" that the wife would like (1890 and Farina Wine from Trip Advisor?) and at least one gnarly Texana one for me for lunch.
Any other advice would be appreciated.  I'm not a Lake Granbury type I don't think  so my plan is to stay in the pool for the 48 hours or so that we are there.
I like Granbury just fine, but I can't think of anything that I would say you "must have" as far as restaurants go. There is Babes off of the southwest corner of the square. It is good, but it just like every other Babes. Next to it in an old gas station is a little place called Pearl Street Station. They serve bbq, but there turkey sandwich is the best thing on the menu (I know, a turkey sandwich is boring AF, but it is good turkey sandwich). Across from there is a Fuzzys Taco Shop. The food is pretty meh, queso is not bad, but you can drink there. Back on the opposite side of the square, off the southeast side, Linda's Southern Kitchen is decent comfort food, but they aren't open everyday. Near there is another place that seems to be in an old gas station, I think it is called the Filling Station. They had okay burgers last time I went, but it has been a while. People seem to like the Mesquite Pit. I don't think much of their food, but they do have some nice outdoor seating on the lake. There is a place on the lake in the marina called Stumpys Lakeside Grill that has fried sea food options and some tacos. It isn't bad and you can sit on the water. Crowd can get pretty lake trashy, but that can be said of most of the town. I can't think of a place that will blow you away, but any of these places are not bad. Hope that helps.

Report back:  So fucking hot we just stayed at the Inn at Lake Granbury most of the time and sat in the nice little salt water pool.  Really nice little Inn -- top notch room (Loft away from the main house with a nifty little spiral staircase).  Right on the lake with nice views.  Nice breakfast and wine happy hour.  Recommended.

Eighteen Ninety Grill on the square was really pretty good.  Great cocktails and very solid steak and seared duck breast.  Nice, simple ambiance.

Revolver Brewery was worth the visit.

The little jail museum right off the square was a nice little goofy hour of history.  Kind of made me wonder how many of these young Granbury boys made it back from the Civil War.  Heat-addled volunteer at the museum didn't seem to know.

15 hours ago, tantric superman said:

Report back:  So fucking hot we just stayed at the Inn at Lake Granbury most of the time and sat in the nice little salt water pool.  Really nice little Inn -- top notch room (Loft away from the main house with a nifty little spiral staircase).  Right on the lake with nice views.  Nice breakfast and wine happy hour.  Recommended.

Eighteen Ninety Grill on the square was really pretty good.  Great cocktails and very solid steak and seared duck breast.  Nice, simple ambiance.

Revolver Brewery was worth the visit.

The little jail museum right off the square was a nice little goofy hour of history.  Kind of made me wonder how many of these young Granbury boys made it back from the Civil War.  Heat-addled volunteer at the museum didn't seem to know.

Careful, coyotes have no problems with the spiral staircases.