Letterkenny

Al_4_ISU

Holy fuck. CHIEF Jr. watches this sober as a church mouse. Told him he owes me an Oh Zee to hang. The same thing happens every three minutes. The semi-hot chick walks out in a new outfit and a complete change in life goals. It's fucked, but she has nice tits and a helluva fart box. But the chick in the group is nails. Think I'll go fuck the wife.

CHIEF

• 1 year later...

Had never heard of this but had seen people talking about Shoresy. Loved Shoresy and learned it was a Letterkenny spin-off. 

Holy shit is this a good show. The episode with McMurray and wife being part of the "lifestyle" still has me rolling. Between 'Minican and all the different ways to leave (Tokyo Sayonara) it's just unbelievably funny.

I am very angry with all of you, but mostly myself.  I've read about it on here a few times but never gave it much thought.  Started it yesterday and holy shit, I love it.   I've been following Trevor Wilson's standup comedy for years, I had no idea he got into acting.  Obviously co-creator Wayne is a genius writer.  

You can tell when a cast is trying to have a unique and clever timing; and it falls flat.  Most of the time, it fails miserably and actually ruins good comedic writing.  But every once in awhile you get something like 'Veep' where they were all just born to be in a scene together.  I think Letterkenny might be of that same ilk.  Bummed to see that it wanes in later seasons, but that's par for the course.  Gonna enjoy the hell out of it until then. 

I love that it's literally about nothing, it's the perfect Canadian Seinfeld (insert fantasy about Katy and JLD threesome here).  You could lock the head writers from Seinfeld, Veep, and 30 Rock in a room with unlimited LSD and they'd never concoct Ants on Seadoos.  

• Hook 'Em 1

As for it falling off, I think I'm through Season 7 and I have yet to notice any drop.

In fact, Shoresy and the Letterkenny Irish just played the women's team and it might be the funniest part of a ridiculously funny show.

"You skate like a girl."
"I am a girl."
"No you're not. Wait, are you really?"

2 minutes ago, texasfight2025 said:

You got a problem with the Canada Gooses episode then you got a problem with me; and I suggest you let that marinate 

Canadian gooses dropping Canadian deuces!

7 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Oh, also, wait until you hit the Canadian gooses episode. Just... wow.

7 hours ago, texasfight2025 said:

You got a problem with the Canada Gooses episode then you got a problem with me; and I suggest you let that marinate 

7 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Canadian gooses dropping Canadian deuces!

letterkenny-outstanding.gif

On 3/25/2023 at 10:14 PM, GottaB said:

Funniest scene for the whole series IMO

It's one of the funniest scenes ever.  We were sitting in a bar about 4-5 years ago for a bachelor party, and one of my buddies just broke into the Squirrely Dan part.  The looks from the other patrons were incredible.

• Haha 1

First time seeing this since I saw Trevor Wilson (aka Squirley Dan) standup on YouTube. He does the Captain Crunch bit, so he's referring to himself in this scene. Didn't know it at the time obviously, neat to catch it the second time around.

On 3/27/2023 at 8:58 AM, 'stache said:

First time seeing this since I saw Trevor Wilson (aka Squirley Dan) standup on YouTube. He does the Captain Crunch bit, so he's referring to himself in this scene. Didn't know it at the time obviously, neat to catch it the second time around.

I'm still meandering around episodes for the first time.  But as posted earlier, have been listening to Trevor Wilson for years now and didn't know he did this show.  Anyway, he has a great bit on stage about fucking up singular/plural in English.  Now that I watch his scenes, I realize where they got that idea.  He also has a bit in his act about French Canadians versus France French and their language differences, and sure enough---that pops up in a few episodes.  Fucking love it.

Also, there is so much beautiful nuance to this having a catch scene.  The way Wayne slowly puts his right hand on his butt when Dan is talking about the prostate.  But in the next frame, is disgusted by it all and cuts Dan outta the catch.  And when he says the word "unexpected", he throws the ball fast-pitch softball style, the only one of its kind in the game.

Holy shit. Just watched the bathroom scene here. Eastbound and Down used to be the funniest show I had ever seen. I think Letterkenny has taken that spot.

• 6 months later...
2 minutes ago, Scary Stranger said:

Just binged this whole thing.  A couple of thoughts on the later seasons:

Does Coach have the cancer?

Did Bonnie get her lips done?  Her face looks weird in S11.

The Skids annoy me.

The Skids have always been the worst part of the show.  Small town methheads don't act like those guys, at all.

1 hour ago, Scary Stranger said:

Just binged this whole thing.  A couple of thoughts on the later seasons:

Does Coach have the cancer?

Did Bonnie get her lips done?  Her face looks weird in S11.

The Skids annoy me.

Bonnie did something. She fucked with perfection. Botox or some shit.  Hate to see it.

116920bf561ac6d0.jpg?imwidth=720

Edited by Post Oak
  • Hook 'Em 1

Wow, not our place to judge.  Maybe the pressures to remain fake beautiful in obscure Canadian rom-coms is more than we know.  But she was absolutely drop dead gorgeous in real life for multiple seasons.  Why do this to yourself Bonnie?  I get maybe 20 years down the road, but at 25?  When you're arguably one of the ten most naturally glorious women in North America?  I dunno.  

I need to give Shoresey a full watch this hockey season.  Only seen bits and pieces here and there.

Just now, YGIFS said:

Wow, not our place to judge.  Maybe the pressures to remain fake beautiful in obscure Canadian rom-coms is more than we know.  But she was absolutely drop dead gorgeous in real life for multiple seasons.  Why do this to yourself Bonnie?  I get maybe 20 years down the road, but at 25?  When you're arguably one of the ten most naturally glorious women in North America?  I dunno.  

I need to give Shoresey a full watch this hockey season.  Only seen bits and pieces here and there.

I'll rewatch Shoresey before the new season but I honestly like it a little better than Letterkenny. I think it's the pacing. Both are hilarious overall. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

A few years ago I binged Letterkenny, and I watched this scene fairly late one night after everyone else in the house had gone to bed. I laughed so hard my husband woke up from a dead sleep and came out to the living room because he couldn't tell if I was upset or laughing. I seriously couldn't breathe. Still one of the funniest fucking things I've ever seen.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 10/4/2023 at 1:13 PM, 'stache said:

I think the skids are meant to be annoying, they just get too much screen time, in my opinion.

Still would Bonnie, botulism lips and all. 

There’s such a thing as too much skids talk and a fella should be fuckin aware of it 

11 hours ago, austingirl said:

A few years ago I binged Letterkenny, and I watched this scene fairly late one night after everyone else in the house had gone to bed. I laughed so hard my husband woke up from a dead sleep and came out to the living room because he couldn't tell if I was upset or laughing. I seriously couldn't breathe. Still one of the funniest fucking things I've ever seen.

I had that moment with "Florida State seminal vesicles." Wayne said that and I had to pause it I was laughing too hard.

And at first I thought it was just a throwaway line, but when he came back asking about nobody laughing despite him thinking it was funny, I lost it again.

• 1 month later...

Finished the final season, I like the show, but it had run its course. The degen story went way too long and they’re getting way too old to be having social clicks and tough guy fights. They’re grown ups now ffs. Eye candy was still on point. Im liking Shoresy well enough too.