Texas Baseball Recruiting Thread

Horny Bull

3 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

Step one

Can’t wait to see who we hire. Hiring a new pitching coach along with following the portal and the draft drama, it’s gonna be a fun off season. Can’t fucking wait till next season 

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

I feel gross posting Wescott for actual news instead of weird dating app/political takes

Wait, Wescott posts political takes? 

so why wasn’t his headline “Liberal usc catcher makes bold move moving to radical right wing Texas!!!!!” 

Actually yeah I could see him doing that 

31 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This is the next San Jac pitcher I hope we add. 

Cross posting from the baseball thread 

Think this is a good hire. San Jac had a nasty staff under him and he developed some nasty arms there. He knows the state. He, Pierce and Rodriguez are gonna clean up on the recruiting trail. 

Hey Pierce, Sark and Beard said they’re hands down better recruiters than you. Overheard them at lunch the other day. You gonna take that, David? 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Welcome coach Williams!

Two assistant coaches hired, one volunteer assistant to go.

The draft is 13 days away, then we see what we have left.

Hoping we get lucky with Southard, Kennedy and hodo. Getting those 3 back would be game changers 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Top 55 HS seniors in Texas. We signed 2 of the top 5 (we’ll see if they make it to campus)

Do you have a rundown on recruits and our draft eligible players and where they fit in Mock wise. Thanks dude, just beyond kind of you 

14 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

It’s still early, but recruiting certainly still appears to be fine with the new staff.

Trust me it worked with coop. His dad was actively pushing him away with Sean...

Fun fact, I learned he committed from this thread. "Uncle" inlaw has its perks!

Edited by HOOKEM4

35 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Trust me it worked with coop. His dad was actively pushing him away with Sean...

Fun fact, I learned he committed from this thread. "Uncle" inlaw has its perks!

Wish it would work with my nephew type person who is a hard throwing lefty that’s committed to ok state. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/16/2022 at 8:24 AM, Mac8111 said:

So this kid did or didn’t sign with Tech?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They had a ceremony at his school so I’m guessing he did, don’t know how he got out of it though 

2 hours ago, OB3 said:

They had a ceremony at his school so I’m guessing he did, don’t know how he got out of it though 

https://www.perfectgame.org/college/CollegeCommitments.aspx?college=1745

"May" have been mutual agreement.    Don't know how many signed,  but Tech had 4 SS's and 2 3B's committed.    Not to mention the portal. 

3 hours ago, Horny Bull said:

Note that Monsour gives a "shout out" to Caleb Longley.    Volunteer asst's can't recruit,   so perhaps Monsour met him on a visit or  personal connection since Longley is from Tenn and knows the Southeast or met him at one of Longley's training symposiums.

18 minutes ago, torre said:

Note that Monsour gives a "shout out" to Caleb Longley.    Volunteer asst's can't recruit,   so perhaps Monsour met him on a visit or  personal connection since Longley is from Tenn and knows the Southeast or met him at one of Longley's training symposiums.

Longley can recruit, just can’t go off campus to showcases and tournaments. I’m sure he’s on zoom calls and texting with kids and what not.

Edited by Hookem2147

I am going to talk to my bil tomorrow about it but I think Longley came up already. Whoever is recruiting they are going hard in the paint. I also think there is some solid nil stuff going on. I can't say for sure but there are some die hard folks making it rain it seems. 

• Hook 'Em 2

23 hours ago, HOOKEM4 said:

I am going to talk to my bil tomorrow about it but I think Longley came up already. Whoever is recruiting they are going hard in the paint. I also think there is some solid nil stuff going on. I can't say for sure but there are some die hard folks making it rain it seems. 

Yeah it was Caleb who really pushed hard. Then he talked with Williams and Pearce, all really sold Texas to him. He evidently has to reach out to the coaches due to his age. The coaches can't contact until junior year. He had offers from basically every blueblood including some schools I thought he would seriously look at because of the education. Duke, Stanford, etc.

Either way, I am proud of the kid. He is a really good kid that has worked his ass off for the opportunity.

Edited by HOOKEM4
  • Hook 'Em 5