The Sopranos

wild_turkey

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Don't forget she banged AJ's guidance counselor. 

They were separated so she gets a pass for that. But not really because when he turns into a little bitch because he felt used she reminded him where she came from… she stinks 

Carmela is a horrible, horrible person.  The worst on the entire show, because she's a hypocrite.  

Years ago, my now ex-wife always wanted me to watch "Sex in the City" with her.  After a but, I said to her "do you realize that this Carrie is a horrible cunt without a single redeeming value?".  She got really pissed, and then, much later, agreed with me. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/12/2022 at 4:08 PM, Cousin Strawberry said:

Artie did get a great deal on that Ramlosa Sparkling Water though.  Also a product of the Scatino bust out.

Yup! Always wonder what would have happened if he took Tony up on the idea to put his sauces and shit in the grocery stores. Like if it didn’t sell. Could have been a funny arch 

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking on Carmela season 3 Episode 7!she goes to see the therapist on her own. He tells her straight up “Leave him and only take the children”. Then he tells her “now you can’t say you weren’t told”.  Then at the end of the episode she tells Tony “you’ve gotta do something nice for me, this is what I want.”. She extorts tony out of 50k for meadows school donation. Lol love this show 

On 5/12/2022 at 8:46 AM, Johnny Sack said:

I probably have to go with the murderers and sex traffickers being worse. Or Melfi's rapist.

But yes she is insufferable and she directly and knowingly benefits from all of the mob's nefarious activities.

The murderers and sex traffickers don't look down their nose at everybody else, and pretend to be holy.  She does.  

On 5/12/2022 at 10:46 AM, Johnny Sack said:

I probably have to go with the murderers and sex traffickers being worse. Or Melfi's rapist.

But yes she is insufferable and she directly and knowingly benefits from all of the mob's nefarious activities.

Among the best portrayed characters on the show.  The two fights with Tony are all about two amazing actors at the top of their game.

On 5/11/2022 at 12:27 PM, Augustus said:

Finally got to Pine Barrens in our re-watch.

Every bit as good as the first few times, though I noticed some things that I hadn't paid as much attention to on previous viewings.

Christopher's reaction when he opens the trunk and Valery moves is hilarious.

The look on Paulie's face as he stares out the rear window of Tony's suburban at the end of the episode.

Paulie's excited advice as they're sucking on the ketchup packs:  "Mix it with the relish!!"

I'm glad Gloria will be dead soon. Very hot but my god, the borderline personality disorder is like an aggressive cancer with flesh eating bacteria.

One of my favorite moments is the end when they’re eating the sandwiches and Tony is telling Paulie he’s got some Mayo on his face. “Wha?” “MAY-YA-NAIS, MAY-YA-NAIS!” 

Edited by Etexhorn13

3 hours ago, Bogeywon said:

Speaking on Carmela season 3 Episode 7!she goes to see the therapist on her own. He tells her straight up “Leave him and only take the children”. Then he tells her “now you can’t say you weren’t told”.  Then at the end of the episode she tells Tony “you’ve gotta do something nice for me, this is what I want.”. She extorts tony out of 50k for meadows school donation. Lol love this show 

That’s one of the more chilling scenes in the show for me, when she sees the therapist. Just straight up telling her what she doesn’t want to hear. 

But yeah Rosalie and Gabby and Adrianna and the other wives and girlfriends didn’t give nearly as big of a shit as Carm did. Or at least pretended to. I mean she gets exactly what she wants all the time and still bitches and nags and acts pissed till Tony would just buy her off again. Then the whole stealing out of the bird feed and fucking it up cause she’s an idiot. So yeah. If you’re gonna be a complete scumbag, own it. Like @Johnny Sack and his wife with the 90 pound mole on her ass

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Deej said:

Johnny Sack catching his wife binging on candy bars on the laundry room floor, then letting his hard on for vengeance against Ralphie for the fat joke drop, is one of my favorite moments. 

And I loved the call from Carmine asking Tony to whack Johnny.  Such a tap dance around just saying it directly.

Tony did a similar thing when he was talking to Ralphie about whacking Jackie Jr.  

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Deej said:

Johnny Sack catching his wife binging on candy bars on the laundry room floor, then letting his hard on for vengeance against Ralphie for the fat joke drop, is one of my favorite moments. 

IM TRYING JOHN 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Augustus said:

And I loved the call from Carmine asking Tony to whack Johnny.  Such a tap dance around just saying it directly.

Tony did a similar thing when he was talking to Ralphie about whacking Jackie Jr.  

That scene with Ralphie and Tony talking about what to do with Jackie Jr. is fucking amazing. 

“And it was your card game……” 

Just saying everything but “kill the little prick” 

hahaha then of course at Arties after the funeral Junior “Kid was always a dumbfuck, wasn’t he?”

• Haha 1

So this probably goes under the 'how is this the same actor' thread but whatever.

Last week, I was an extra in the new series from Paramount called 'Tulsa King' with Sylvester Stallone. Basically, all I did was walk down a sidewalk while this guy parked his car. They did take after take. Anyway, the guy driving the car in the scene was some guy I heard never heard of or recognized. 

So I go home and do a little research and to my embarrassment and amazement, it was Max Casella. He played Benny Fazio in The Soprano's. Can't believe I've watched Soprano's a gillion times and had absolutely no clue who this guy was in real life. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

By the way, speaking of Casella, watched the movie 'Killing Them Softly' tonight. Not the best film but quite a few Soprano's alumni in that one including Gandolfini and Curatola. Might be worth a watch for the fans. 

Edited by Sweetnsourpoke

12 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

That house was so fucking ugly and poorly decorated.  It fit Carmela's horrible character well. 

She should have hired that Russian from pine barrens. He was an interior decorator. 

even though his house looked like shit

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

On 5/26/2022 at 12:38 AM, Deej said:

"Nicotine is an addictive substance!!!"

• Haha 1

On 5/30/2022 at 2:16 AM, Sweetnsourpoke said:

So this probably goes under the 'how is this the same actor' thread but whatever.

Last week, I was an extra in the new series from Paramount called 'Tulsa King' with Sylvester Stallone. Basically, all I did was walk down a sidewalk while this guy parked his car. They did take after take. Anyway, the guy driving the car in the scene was some guy I heard never heard of or recognized. 

So I go home and do a little research and to my embarrassment and amazement, it was Max Casella. He played Benny Fazio in The Soprano's. Can't believe I've watched Soprano's a gillion times and had absolutely no clue who this guy was in real life. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

By the way, speaking of Casella, watched the movie 'Killing Them Softly' tonight. Not the best film but quite a few Soprano's alumni in that one including Gandolfini and Curatola. Might be worth a watch for the fans. 

Benny was treated like shit for much of the show. Tony refused to deal with Tony B, so Phil almost beats Benny to death. Tony also made Benny host his parent’s 50th Anniversary at  Vesuvio despite his feud with Artie. 

Good actor with a lengthy career. 

• 2 weeks later...

GF and I had a memorial service in San Juan Cap today.  Decided to stop by the pier in San Clemente on the way home for happy hour.  Great Restaurant there; "The Fisherman's".  They have a full restaurant on one side, and an appetizer/Oyster bar on the other.  I'm on the Oyster side, and as we are walking out, fucking Bobby Bacala is walking into the restaurant side. 

Dude looks pretty good.  Big, but not too fat. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

GF and I had a memorial service in San Juan Cap today.  Decided to stop by the pier in San Clemente on the way home for happy hour.  Great Restaurant there; "The Fisherman's".  They have a full restaurant on one side, and an appetizer/Oyster bar on the other.  I'm on the Oyster side, and as we are walking out, fucking Bobby Bacala is walking into the restaurant side. 

So you didn't feel it necessary to suggest  it's time for him to seriously consider salads?

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

He wore a fat suit in the show. Also he was a college basketball player and former bouncer 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

Every time my gf and I do a re-watch, we constantly mention how much we hate Janice and therefore what a fantastic performance was given by   Aida Turturro.

So many of the actors put on a clinic in terms of how real their characters were.  Richie Aprile?  Marone!

14 hours ago, Augustus said:

Every time my gf and I do a re-watch, we constantly mention how much we hate Janice and therefore what a fantastic performance was given by   Aida Turturro.

So many of the actors put on a clinic in terms of how real their characters were.  Richie Aprile?  Marone!

"Carpal tunnel. Starbucks. Steamed milk machine; no worse pain."

• Haha 1

Great synopsis from the NY Times and on the fantastic strangeness that was Paulie. Did not know he had a cameo in Godfather II, and I've seen that movie 25 times I bet. 

Paulie Walnuts — that was Paul Gualtieri’s nickname because he once hijacked a truck full of nuts (he was expecting television sets) — was one of the mob boss Tony Soprano’s most loyal, oversensitive and reckless men. Paulie was the kind of guy who would participate in an intervention for a drug addict and, when it was his turn to speak, punch the guy in the face. He loved his mother (although he found out she was really his aunt), and she loved him because he wrote the checks to keep her in an expensive nursing home.

Paulie wore track suits, slept with hookers, was phobic about germs, hated cats and watched television in a chair covered with plastic. He hated being stuck with an almost $900 restaurant check but could appreciate a tasty ketchup packet on a cold night in the Pine Barrens when there was nothing else to eat.

When the “Sopranos” cast appeared in a group shot on the cover of Rolling Stone in 2001, Paulie stood with a baseball bat casually slung over his right shoulder. No hairdresser on the “Sopranos” set was allowed to touch Mr. Sirico’s hair — dark and luxuriant, with two silver “wings” on either side. He blow-dried and sprayed it himself.

He brought at least one admirable lesson from the mob world to “The Sopranos”: He insisted that his character never be portrayed as a rat, someone who would snitch on his crime family. He was also reluctant to have his character kill a woman — Paulie smothered an older nursing home resident with a pillow when she interrupted his theft of her life savings — but he was pleasantly surprised that people in the old neighborhood didn’t seem to think less of him after the episode was shown.

Early on, however, it sometimes slipped his mind that he had rejected the dark side.

“I was this 30-year-old ex-con villain sitting in a class filled with fresh-faced, serious drama students,” Mr. Sirico recalled in the Daily News interview. The teacher “leaned over to me after I did a scene and whispered, ‘Tony, leave the gun home.’ After so many years of packing a gun, I didn’t even realize I had it with me.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/08/arts/television/tony-sirico-dead.html

Edited by Wally Pryor
  • Hook 'Em 3