The Sopranos

wild_turkey

Guest Lobo
41 minutes ago, Deej said:

So, six years after the show ends, it's Chase's fault he dies?

Not really man.  This is a just a thread about a tv show.  I posted a rumor of a rumor I heard from a guy peripherally involved with the show who I know from Baltimore/Jersey trucking.  The entire show, from origin to finale to deaths of cast members is shrouded in mystique.  I threw up a little anecdote I heard from a guy over drinks that was sorta involved.  He basically said Chase was an asshole, not exactly big news.  And that he beat down James mentally over the years.  Probably a stretch to begin with, and certainly a stretch for me to post it here.  But 12 fucking years later, you should probably take any fucking Sopranos news with a grain of salt and maybe just laugh it off.  Christ, I didn't think We'd have to go toe-to-toe for half a page over it.  Artie's stories about the show cracked me up and I took it too far.  I'm as guilty as anybody, I admit it---but this site has gotten so much more cunt-sensitive since lockdown happened.  

Edited by Lobo

3 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

I’d like to hear your explanation for this statement. 

2 hours ago, Deej said:

Yeah, I'm waiting for that, too. 

1 hour ago, Deej said:

So, six years after the show ends, it's Chase's fault he dies?

Here we are going toe to toe with Lobo. At least he got the cunt-sensitive part right. 

Guest Lobo

I think I explained it in excruciating detail.  Gave a name, his role, a rough time frame, and approximate quotes because a bump in the thread reminded me of a conversation.  You need me to get more detailed?  Quit acting like the woman your dad feared you’d grow up to be.  My fucking details are in the fucking posts you fucking  child.  

Edited by Lobo

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, RPM said:

Schirripa didn't even play a decent character. Who gives a fuck about Juniors gofer?

I think Bobby redeemed himself and became a pretty good underboss. He was certainly more capable than Christopher as Tony's Second in Command. Phil just couldn't get over old beefs. This brought down the Soprano Family. 

The New Jersey - New York War was the most suspend disbelief element of the show. I could see personal problems getting settled, but New Jersey would never go to war against a New York Family. 

2 hours ago, PilotsError said:

I'm trying to get into that Talking Sopranos podcast, but Steve Shirripa does not shut the fuck up. Michael Imperioli has a lot of interesting stuff but can't get a word in.

I think it's their personalities. Shirripa is a big fat gregarious guy while Imperioli is more reserved and quiet. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Also, Shirripa is not analytical at all.  This show was written down to the tiniest detail, and Imperioli was a writer.  He knows a lot about it, but fucking Steve has no clue on any of it so he just moves along to the next scene.  It's an entertaining podcast but it could be so much better.  I like Shirripa on Rogan's podcast and when he's alone, but he's not a good host.

1 minute ago, PilotsError said:

Also, Shirripa is not analytical at all.  This show was written down to the tiniest detail, and Imperioli was a writer.  He knows a lot about it, but fucking Steve has no clue on any of it so he just moves along to the next scene.  It's an entertaining podcast but it could be so much better.  I like Shirripa on Rogan's podcast and when he's alone, but he's not a good host.

Does Shirriipa have any stories about hanging out with real wise guys? It had to happen at some point. 

• 2 months later...

Rewatching now. Season 1, chrissy gets called by T to go get cannolis and come to the bing and sweep for bugs. 

So chrissy is at the pastry shop and the young guy working the counter is being a prick, but the big guy he's trying to serve... isn't that Vito? Insignificant but I'm pretty sure it is. 

Edited by BigHorn'13

24 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Rewatching now. Season 1, chrissy gets called by T to go get cannolis and come to the bing and sweep for bugs. 

So chrissy is at the pastry shop and the young guy working the counter is being a prick, but the big guy he's trying to serve... isn't that Vito? Insignificant but I'm pretty sure it is. 

It is. He's not Vito in that scene though. That part came along later in Season 2, when he had to build Beansie a ramp after Richie Aprile ran him over. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, he really nailed that role.  He was an under appreciated character.  If the tables had turned and he killed Janice instead of the other way around, there’s be a Statue of him at the NJ Museum of Science & Trucking 

10 hours ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, he really nailed that role.  He was an under appreciated character.  If the tables had turned and he killed Janice instead of the other way around, there’s be a Statue of him at the NJ Museum of Science & Trucking 

Did Richie really have a solid plan/support to kill Tony? I’d say no. It’s just something he wanted to do. 

The writers wrote some backstory for Larry Boy. His crew was the largest in the Soprano Family. After Larry Boy’s nephew turned down Richie’s coup, it was over. Junior withdrew his support right after. 

That said, Janice definitely solved a lot of problems for Tony. 

If you want to get super dorky in a deep dive analysis type of way, the Poda Bing podcast is worth a listen. They’re a little bit too dorky about sopranos for me on the recap/analysis episodes, but they do have some really great interviews with all the cast members every few podcast episodes. Father Phil, Chrissy, Bobby Bacala, and Pussy’s contact in the feds were some of my favorites.

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Yeah if you weren't sure that AJ was a weird AF kid, here you go. 

Robert Iler actually did a really good interview on the Pardon My Take podcast last week. He's not near the douche that AJ was.

One of my favorite lines from the show, when Tony was trying to figure out Ralphie's sexual proclivities. He asks Melfi:

"Is it possible to have sex without penisary contact with the volvo?"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, lateshow said:

Robert Iler actually did a really good interview on the Pardon My Take podcast last week. He's not near the douche that AJ was.

One of my favorite lines from the show, when Tony was trying to figure out Ralphie's sexual proclivities. He asks Melfi:

"Is it possible to have sex without penisary contact with the volvo?"

Tony's conversations with Melfi about Ralph should be in the Sigmund Freud Museum. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Just started season 3

Tony-"hey ma, brought you some CDs... they're books on tape since you said you can't concentrate and all that."

Tony's mom-"I wish the lord would take me now."

Tony-"Well in the meantime [places bag next to her]"

I'm fucking dying over here

Just wait! Every time I’m at the dinner table and say a curse word in front of my 2 and 5 year old my wife (no pics) looks at me and says in Tony’s moms voice “I don’t like that kind of talk!” 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Oooh and fuck Noah. Yeah, Tony is a racist POS but Noah's a fucking pussy. Wanna tell Carmela Tony was lucky he didn't knock him out... get the fuck outta here!  / paulie

She was only fucking Noah to piss her dad off.

1 hour ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Oooh and fuck Noah. Yeah, Tony is a racist POS but Noah's a fucking pussy. Wanna tell Carmela Tony was lucky he didn't knock him out... get the fuck outta here!  / paulie

Noah fucking sucked and was a complete cunt.  "She could've ended up with Jamal Ginsberg, the Hasidic Homeboy." Jackie Jr. was a complete piece of shit, too.  Not surprising that Meadow let a couple of losers pound her box. Surprised that she didn't let the Scatino kid bang her as well. Whore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Finn was the best Meadow boyfriend. Actually had a set of balls (he paid for Tony and the family’s dinner) and he was smart enough to get the hell away from Meadow’s family. 

Meh...he was a pussy too, though. The best of her boyfriends, but still a pussy. We really don't know much about Patrick Parisi, who she ended up with. 

1 hour ago, lateshow said:

Meh...he was a pussy too, though. The best of her boyfriends, but still a pussy.

Yeah, the shit with Vito was ridiculous. Made guy or not, Finn had to have known the threat of talking gave him the upper hand. 

Btw the most disturbing image on the show? Vito at the gay club lassoing the "watch your cornhole, bud" guy. I'm at the point in the show where Vito's nephew or somesuch got beaten down by racehorse Sally. Can't unsee that image and know it's coming again soon.