Truck Nuts

BurntOrange&White

I have a 2018 Titan. So far no issues after 85,000 miles. I bought it after giving my 2008 Frontier to my son when he turned 16. The frontier was retired to ranch duty only last year at 200,000 miles with only needing to replace a catalytic converter. Ive always has a good experience with Nissan products.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, hornmpa96 said:

The frontier was retired to ranch duty only last year at 200,000 miles with only needing to replace a catalytic converter.

I’ve put this on here before, but one of the ranches I used to hunt had a bunch of mid 2000’s frontiers.  We beat the FUCK out of those things and they just wouldn’t break. These dudes had no concept of money or care (new money coonasses) and it was like a game to them to try and kill these trucks.  I hunted there for better part of a decade and the only one they killed they knocked the oil pan off and just ran it until it didn’t run anymore.   Those frontiers were solid. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I’ve put this on here before, but one of the ranches I used to hunt had a bunch of mid 2000’s frontiers.  We beat the FUCK out of those things and they just wouldn’t break. These dudes had no concept of money or care (new money coonasses) and it was like a game to them to try and kill these trucks.  I hunted there for better part of a decade and the only one they killed they knocked the oil pan off and just ran it until it didn’t run anymore.   Those frontiers were solid. 

Hilux says hold me beer....;)

Screen+Shot+2018-09-05+at+3.25.56+PM.png3e0ffb55-0cf8-4a00-b0a5-27611a582347_600

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

My take on the Titan is that the competitors typically offered more features, a little better performance, etc., but that doesn't mean the Titan is a bad truck.  The V-8 is seen as generally reliable, but not as reliable as, say, the Tundra.  Watch for timing chain issues and catalytic converter failure/wear.  Might want to have a mechanic check it out.  If it checks out okay and the price is right . . .    

My 2013 FX4 shit the bed at around 140K+ miles.  All kinds of crap started going wrong so I made the switch to the Tundra TRD.  She's a big, fat hog that gets mediocre gas mileage but gives me a case of the happy pants every time I crank her up.  Son's 15, so it will be his car to take to college and hopefully many years after.  

Identical to this 

Westcott Designs Fox TUNDRA TRD PRO Lift Kit (1.5 in. front, 1 in. rear)  2018-2021 [35204] - $379.95 : Pure Tundra, Parts and Accessories for your Toyota  Tundra

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

My 2013 FX4 shit the bed at around 140K+ miles.  All kinds of crap started going wrong so I made the switch to the Tundra TRD.  She's a big, fat hog that gets mediocre gas mileage but gives me a case of the happy pants every time I crank her up.  Son's 15, so it will be his car to take to college and hopefully many years after.  
Identical to this 
westcott-tundra-4runner-tacoma-fox-trd-lift-kit_04.JPG

I have the same truck. What tires are you running?
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Goofyboy said:

I have the same truck. What tires are you running?

Sigh.....those stock AT2's.  

Two problems: 

1. They are meeechalin's, so that means they are going to last for at least 50-55K miles (@ 36K)
  2. They work great.  Just look like little ballerina shoes under such a big truck.  Taken then to the beach.  The ranch.  Ran them during snowpocalypse.  Zero issues.  

So I'm stuck with them for a while.  What about you?  Stock is a 33in tire.  I'd like to upgrade to the Ridge Grapplers at around a 34+in., but keep them tall.  Say a 295/70/18 which is 34.57 inches?

My 2010 Tundra is getting long in the tooth. Mechanically sound, cosmetically has taken a beating over the last couple years. Really itching for a new truck.  Not enamored with the new Tundra's yet, maybe it will grow on me. Taking a hard look at the 6.2L AT4's for a change of pace. Fuck this car market though. 

16 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

My 2010 Tundra is getting long in the tooth. Mechanically sound, cosmetically has taken a beating over the last couple years. Really itching for a new truck.  Not enamored with the new Tundra's yet, maybe it will grow on me. Taking a hard look at the 6.2L AT4's for a change of pace. Fuck this car market though. 

Get a 5.7 supercharger.....;)

Sigh.....those stock AT2's.  
Two problems: 
  1. They are meeechalin's, so that means they are going to last for at least 50-55K miles (@ 36K)
  2. They work great.  Just look like little ballerina shoes under such a big truck.  Taken then to the beach.  The ranch.  Ran them during snowpocalypse.  Zero issues.  
So I'm stuck with them for a while.  What about you?  Stock is a 33in tire.  I'd like to upgrade to the Ridge Grapplers at around a 34+in., but keep them tall.  Say a 295/70/18 which is 34.57 inches?

I’ve got the Nitto AT Terra Grapler G2’s 295/70/R18
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Yeah, I had a Suzuki Equator, which is simply a re-badged Frontier, for several years.  Never gave me a single problem.  But I didn't beat it up too bad.

14 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I see a lot of Hilux’s in Brazil. I like them but still think the Tacoma is a nicer looking truck. But the Hilux comes in diesel.

I was driving on the beltway in Houston a few months back and saw a REALLY nice Hilux that someone obviously imported from elsewhere.

i think ive seen that same hilux 

8 hours ago, davidg said:

Fuck that guy.  I refuse to give him any views for destroying shit like that.

Meh.  Dude actually has a pretty good outlook on life.  Before he was one of the fastest growing youtubers or whatever, you could tell that something had happened where he realized life's about more than material possessions.  I somehow found that channel back when he first started, and you could tell it was pretty genuine.  I remember in his first vids he'd be doing all this crazy shit after working construction all day, then back at it next day, using his daily driver as the Guinea pig.  Think the first few things he fucked up were just jacking with people from the comments, then it grew and became an identity (clicks=$$$ after all)    But if you watch the interactions from other youtubers, most seem to think the "real" guy is a pretty legit dude.  The character is there to piss people off, or make you laugh, depending.  Anyhow, that Hilux took a fucking beating and kept ticking.  If you've followed the channel, the amount of respect he gave that thing is pretty telling. 

Oh yeah, and "hustle till they say it's daddy's money" is a pretty damn good motto. 

The Trackhawk was more refined, visceral and a driver’s car. It performs like a sports car with the body of an SUV. The TRX is brute strength, with shockingly refined driving comfort for a truck (more akin to an SUV), with more get up and go than you should need from a Truck. But at speeds above 60, it behaves like a truck with 400 HP. Didn’t have the high end oomph. Just off the line. But man, the ride quality and finish/interior of Ram is top notch for truck lovers that want more luxury. The Raptor I gave up for it paled in comparison in almost every way. 

• Like 1

If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I have bourbon. But what I don’t have are a particularly useful set of skills, only useless financial skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a non-threat to people like you. If you let my truck go now, that'll be the end of it.  If you don’t, well, that’ll be the end of it too

• Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 10:15 AM, tx 3 putt said:

Hmm, geico just called and they want to send it to a shop. Initial spot estimate is repairable. I told them send it to dealership it was bought at 

2854FA37-772C-4826-A530-8F50A9D958C3.jpeg

86406369-1AF0-44CC-B7C5-E699014B732B.jpeg

A4B8DEBD-A226-42A1-B0F3-0B76A31CD91F.jpeg

For comparison’s sake, this was $8.5k a couple months back in Caliber Collision/USAA dollars.

52FC5A2D-E19D-4BF2-83CD-7943FCC5E9B8.thumb.jpeg.c3c86913377d037d73cd3dacafa601a5.jpeg
A495E6FC-C9B8-4DE9-AB47-265DD1560B10.thumb.jpeg.d0066476ce9afc5c9bc553465bc100b9.jpeg

Edited by VolenteHawk

1 hour ago, CooterBrown said:

Just checked the Ford tracker and my new Bronco was delivered to the dealership last night. Once my morning meetings are over, I'm going to head over there. Hopefully, any prep work is done by then and I can cut a check and drive away.  Ordered it April 2020. 

Congratulations!

My buddy just took delivery on his last week, he ordered around the same time as you.  It's that bright blue color, in the Badlands Sasquatch trim package.  Really great-looking vehicle.

We're headed out to Hidden Falls next week, where I will proceed to dominate him in rock crawling with my Jeep Wrangler Rubicon. ;) 

Edited by utee94