Truck Nuts

BurntOrange&White

On 12/27/2021 at 5:49 PM, Planet Houston said:

Yep, I’m excited about this truck like I haven’t been excited since high school. And back then my dad said “no” to all of the cool shit I wanted to do with my 89. I’ve got a bunch of cool shit planned to make this unique in the way I want.

Gonna be 🔥🔥🔥

Picked her up yesterday from the dealership, dropped her off today to get her all gussied up and protected. Can’t wait to get it back.

91E30DBF-E112-4B2C-8006-9937F41A605E.jpeg

Edited by Planet Houston
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

On 12/30/2021 at 2:00 PM, Bo said:

Anybody else have Chevy truck legends profiles set up? Created one for my dad (and my blazer) and he’s currently on the front page featured with a few of his trucks. https://www.chevytrucklegends.com/us/en/gallery.html?evar36=eml_ch_TL_Complete_0220_17528265562#

7ece3ba628242d865a63317fd9436000.jpeg

Nice. Puro valle. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

This little cold snap has reminded me to ask if any of you had issues with diesel fuel in Texas crystallizing during the winter storm last year?  I figure Texas doesn’t order winter blend diesel and am wondering if I need to keep some kerosene on hand in case it happens again. 

Never have had an issue. I don’t run anything in it. 

• Like 1

This little cold snap has reminded me to ask if any of you had issues with diesel fuel in Texas crystallizing during the winter storm last year?  I figure Texas doesn’t order winter blend diesel and am wondering if I need to keep some kerosene on hand in case it happens again. 
I run Kleen Diesel additive (white bottle) year-round, not only does it prevent gelling it also adds sulfur to your fuel which is a lubricant and will save you a premature injector job.

Today's diesel fuel is ultra-low sulfur diesel for emissions purposes but it lacks enough sulfur to lubricate valve stems, injectors etc. Unless you can get away with running farm diesel (you can legally if a state of emergency has been declared by the governor) you need to run a fuel additive of some sort, you'll thank me later. Injector pumps are not cheap.

The biggest thing to extend a diesel's longevity is fuel, filters, and fluids. Get those 3 right and she will run for 500K+
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

If anyone else is looking into Broncos and knows all the shit that has gone wrong with their hard tops, these guys just teased their after-market hard top that is supposed to fix those issues and come out during 1Q of this year. It should also look better than Ford’s hard top (IMO) as it is a slant back rather than the 90 degree back end that Ford went with. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYSYl3fv-pE/?utm_medium=copy_link

Sorry for the instagram link, that looks to be their marketing outside of forums and their website. 

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/adv-fiberglass-bronco-hardtop-teaser-part-1.32393/

I am totally nerding out on this shit now that I’ve jumped into the new Bronco. Gonna spend a small fortune on this truck but IDGAF. 

1174BA16-1874-470E-8969-FE5750497D91.jpeg

BEA0E179-DD32-4C12-ACC6-457B39A9B15B.jpeg

Edited by Planet Houston

I have 95,600 miles on my 2019 F350.

I am looking to replace it.  Chevy is out of the question.  I’ve had both Ford and RAM diesels.   I like both but really like the RAM Megacab models.  

Went to RAM website and did a build on a 2022 RAM 3500 Megacab 4x4 Cummins HO diesel SRW with all the cheese on it.  Pretty danged pricey MSRP at $86K.  

Going to call my dealer and find out what he can do and then compare to a new Ford F-350.  

• Like 1

I have 95,600 miles on my 2019 F350.

I am looking to replace it.  Chevy is out of the question.  I’ve had both Ford and RAM diesels.   I like both but really like the RAM Megacab models.  

Went to RAM website and did a build on a 2022 RAM 3500 Megacab 4x4 Cummins HO diesel SRW with all the cheese on it.  Pretty danged pricey MSRP at $86K.  

Going to call my dealer and find out what he can do and then compare to a new Ford F-350.  

Holy shit that’s a lot of driving.

1 hour ago, Da Fino said:

Jesus. Do you moonlight as a hotshot driver?

Nope.  Round trip to deer camp is 500 miles x 30 times / year.  North Carolina 2 x per year is another 6400 miles; Colorado, Idaho and other points of interest along the way with normal daily drive adds up.  

They aren't made to sit still and just gaze at them in the driveway.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just now, deadshank said:

I've managed to become just enough of an A-hole that she wants me gone but I'm so damn good looking she wants me back. 

Some of us are that good.

Oh Lord, it's hard to be humble
When you're perfect in every way
I can't wait to look in the mirror
'Cause I get better lookin' each day
To know me is to love me
I must be a hell of a man
But I'm doin' the best that I can!

:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BabaYaga said:

When you're perfect in every way
I can't wait to look in the mirror
'Cause I get better lookin' each day
To know me is to love me
I must be a hell of a man
But I'm doin' the best that I can!

:)

In college I was known as Johnny Sugarcock.

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

• Haha 1

On 1/3/2022 at 7:02 PM, Planet Houston said:

If anyone else is looking into Broncos and knows all the shit that has gone wrong with their hard tops, these guys just teased their after-market hard top that is supposed to fix those issues and come out during 1Q of this year. It should also look better than Ford’s hard top (IMO) as it is a slant back rather than the 90 degree back end that Ford went with. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CYSYl3fv-pE/?utm_medium=copy_link

Sorry for the instagram link, that looks to be their marketing outside of forums and their website. 

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/adv-fiberglass-bronco-hardtop-teaser-part-1.32393/

I am totally nerding out on this shit now that I’ve jumped into the new Bronco. Gonna spend a small fortune on this truck but IDGAF. 

1174BA16-1874-470E-8969-FE5750497D91.jpeg

BEA0E179-DD32-4C12-ACC6-457B39A9B15B.jpeg

https://www.thedrive.com/news/43717/ford-bronco-soft-top-lets-in-a-ton-of-snow-during-blizzard-owner-says

1 hour ago, bigshark88 said:

How much are you looking to get for the 2019 F350 trade-in Johnny?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Yeah, it’s not my business but if you feel comfortable in a round about sense when you get some #’s, I’d be interested in what your current ride is fetching. Because you’re pretty much spec’d down to exactly how I’d order (350 srw iirc) and I don’t want to spend 85k. So “just broke in” is about the best im going to be able to let myself do I have a feeling.  I was feeling really good about keeping mine another several years, and getting ready to dump some money in her, and then that bovine bitch had to do her thing. Won’t make a difference I reckon, but was a lot easier to swallow some upgrading when she was 110% straight.  Now it’s just a “clean” old ranch truck.  

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, deadshank said:

Nope.  Round trip to deer camp is 500 miles x 30 times / year.  North Carolina 2 x per year is another 6400 miles; Colorado, Idaho and other points of interest along the way with normal daily drive adds up.  

They aren't made to sit still and just gaze at them in the driveway.

500 miles to deer camp? Screw that. I'm a little less than 30 miles away from my family's land. I have young children and try to help out with them, so I can't manage to be gone every weekend surrounding hunting season, but at least I have the flexibility to be able to take off and sit in a blind and sip whiskey on short notice if we don't have anything going on.

• Like 1

I'm only in Dripping Springs - not anything like the Amarillo fellers; I'm usually dropping in some Lucas or Diesel Kleen every 4 or 5 tanks.

Had zero issues during SnowPacalypse 21. We had a decent drop in sustained cold temps & I wasn't even plugged in.

Ran the starter coil thingies for maybe 3 minutes before I fired it up, no issues. Even did a few drives out onto the road (4×4, cautiously) to see what was up. I had decent shoes on then, much better AT's on there now.

It was my batteries that I was most concerned about & in I have a plug-in jump starter / trickle charger if that had become an issue.

'04 Cummins.

Sent from my SM-A326U1 using Tapatalk