Truck Nuts

BurntOrange&White

Got the build notice for my F250 for the week of 3/7  5-6 months after ordering it. Paying invoice less a chunk when it comes in. Still waiting on the Bronco build notice, we’ll see how much longer it is but it is also invoice less a chunk. I’ve bought from the same guy for probably 8 years now, so pricing has always seemed fair.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/1/2022 at 9:58 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

So when’s the last time anyone push started a vehicle?

2002 for me. I had a 92 accord at the time that I push started pretty often. My money went to other things than a new battery in those days. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/1/2022 at 7:53 PM, Brew said:

Got the build notice for my F250 for the week of 3/7  5-6 months after ordering it. Paying invoice less a chunk when it comes in. Still waiting on the Bronco build notice, we’ll see how much longer it is but it is also invoice less a chunk. I’ve bought from the same guy for probably 8 years now, so pricing has always seemed fair.

Hell, if you're paying under MSRP for a Bronco, you're doing GREAT.

I'm not a truck nut per se.  I'm certainly not a gear head.  And, I'm not at all impulsive.  But, I saw this truck on the side of the road two weeks ago, test drove it the next day, took it to my buddy's shop for a once over and had it sitting in the driveway later that week.  
'74 Ford Ranger 350 SuperCamper series with a big block 460.  Rebuilt a few years ago and in really good shape.  A few minor things need attention, but all in all, it's solid for an almost 50 year old truck.  Going to be a fun weekend cruiser and may end up being my son's truck in a few years.
IMG-1297.jpg
I love it, a nice find and a great color combo. My old man had one of these when I was younger, the 460 is stout and would pull a house, as long as you kept that thirsty big block fed.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Appears to have the 2nd tank, which is a good thing. Old man had a '75 (I think) with the full time 4wd. Had 70 gallons worth of tanks , needed them all.  My brother and I were framing  houses at the time, living in Pasadena and driving to San Juan Capistrano daily for work....142 mile round trip, we were barely breaking even.

2 hours ago, otisdog said:

Appears to have the 2nd tank, which is a good thing. Old man had a '75 (I think) with the full time 4wd. Had 70 gallons worth of tanks , needed them all.  My brother and I were framing  houses at the time, living in Pasadena and driving to San Juan Capistrano daily for work....142 mile round trip, we were barely breaking even.

Yep!  Dual tank.  One of the issues, though, is the dual fuel tank selector doesn't work.  Windows need new seals, fuel gauge is broken, heater doesn't work and the carb throttle linkage needs adjustment.  On the plus side, it's got a bad ass semi truck air horn that is LOUD.  Fun truck for sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So you currently have a truck that gets gallons per mile, and you only have half of your fuel storage and no way to measure what’s in there.  That’s awesome.  

Hahaha.  Yep.  You nailed it.  Kind of less than ideal, right?  I've only driven it a few times.  Topped off with fuel twice.  Based on my rough calculation, I think it gets about 10 MPG.  Definitely drinks the petrol.  Taking it to the shop in a few weeks to get all the little things fixed including the fuel situation and gas gauge.  

• Like 2

Had to help push start a coworker’s car around 1995. On a flat parking lot, so pushed it with another vehicle. Push car had to go quick then hard brake to give the other car time to pop the clutch with enough room to be able to apply the brakes with no power assist before they ran out of parking lot. 

no cables available, obviously. 

21 hours ago, Mother mopar said:

Dropped the coin and got a FASS 100 for my Dodge 2500, 5.9 Cummins. Mocked everything up and seems to be a straight forward install. I'm going the sump route instead of the in tank draw straw due to the 1/4 tank issue.680c148eab9327b3bbe6aa3b4d1b7d92.jpga173710c8a053e5c22a20c6ee9c06f72.jpg

I've seen lots of talk about these in the Facebook Cummins forums.  What year is yours?  I'm a 2004 & so far haven't felt the need to go that extra step.

I've seen lots of talk about these in the Facebook Cummins forums.  What year is yours?  I'm a 2004 & so far haven't felt the need to go that extra step.
I've got a 2007 Cummins 5.9. During cold weather when I pull I get low fuel flow engine codes so this is my fix, instead of changing my CPIII. I'm running stock injectors/turbo with no tune. I have done transmission work gauges, exhaust, cold air kit, bigger cold air intake charge tube and intake horn. I've also got a coolant filtration system along with w/an oil bypass filtration system in conjunction w/factory oil high flow filter. So this is another step on the filter wars on fluids.

The next upgrade will be bigger injectors when they go out.

24 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Hard to say right now but that is right at what I bought my 2019 Ram diesel 4x4 that was outfitted very similar in Jun of 2020.  I get letters every few weeks saying come back by and get a new one the the current one worth about that amount on tradein.  Not gonna do it though.  Just need to get the injection pump recall done and I'm gonna drive this one into the ground.

• Like 1

That's not a bad deal, sure you could hassle for more money off but it's tough as diesel trucks (used autos as a whole) are in high demand so folks don't budge much.

Make sure the engine is good and if you feel good, take her home. Easy test, take the oil cap off and see if you get blow buy. If you can see smoke puffing out....run. That would indicate there are some rings broken or blow by. I highly doubt it w/that low of miles but kids add a tuner and boost break the shit out of diesel and it takes a toll on them.

36 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:

That's not a bad deal, sure you could hassle for more money off but it's tough as diesel trucks (used autos as a whole) are in high demand so folks don't budge much.

Make sure the engine is good and if you feel good, take her home. Easy test, take the oil cap off and see if you get blow buy. If you can see smoke puffing out....run. That would indicate there are some rings broken or blow by. I highly doubt it w/that low of miles but kids add a tuner and boost break the shit out of diesel and it takes a toll on them.

Yeah the interesting part to me is that it’s 1 owner and all but a few oil changes have been done at dealerships. 

On 2/1/2022 at 9:53 PM, Brew said:

In 2 weeks they have sent 5 build notice date changes, I’m into April now for expected production date. Seems kind of odd that they would send you a schedule notice unless it is somewhat locked in. Seems even more odd that in 2 weeks time it has dropped 5 weeks production but did it one week at a time. Is what it is, we’ll see how much further it keeps going.

1 hour ago, Brew said:

In 2 weeks they have sent 5 build notice date changes, I’m into April now for expected production date. Seems kind of odd that they would send you a schedule notice unless it is somewhat locked in. Seems even more odd that in 2 weeks time it has dropped 5 weeks production but did it one week at a time. Is what it is, we’ll see how much further it keeps going.

They're pulling the same shit with Broncos.  Ford has definite supply line issues right now.

11 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

They're pulling the same shit with Broncos.  Ford has definite supply line issues right now.

Crazy part is they are producing fleet vehicles like there is no tomorrow. One of my Ford dealers had a record year last year and expects it to be more this year selling vehicles to the state. Limited electronics in those help them get produced I’m sure.

Seems like a better plan would be to wait until they are ready to start production and then send the build notices.

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

I spoke with a dealer yesterday about ordering a Bronco Sport, he said individual orders are about a 90 day turnaround. I guess that doesn't sound too bad. Better than the 2 year timeframe I was told for the big Bronco.

3 hours ago, Brew said:

This is not uncommon to have varying delays.  It is happening in my industry.  You are waiting on one part which is the pacing item.  You then find out something else is going to be late the next day by a different supplier.  That now becomes the new pacing item.

3 hours ago, Brew said:

Did you order a spray in bedliner from the factory?

56 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I spoke with a dealer yesterday about ordering a Bronco Sport, he said individual orders are about a 90 day turnaround. I guess that doesn't sound too bad. Better than the 2 year timeframe I was told for the big Bronco.

Yep, much easier to get the Sport.  

At this point, my order is nearly a year old (March of '21).  I reserved in August of '20.  Pretty ridiculous, and what's worse is that there are plenty of people who reserved before me that don't have their Broncos yet, either.  I'm not confident that I'll get mine this calendar year.  

32 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Yep, much easier to get the Sport.  

At this point, my order is nearly a year old (March of '21).  I reserved in August of '20.  Pretty ridiculous, and what's worse is that there are plenty of people who reserved before me that don't have their Broncos yet, either.  I'm not confident that I'll get mine this calendar year.  

I have a 2 door on order. The dealer thinks it may come early summer because they are running better timelines on it. He said I could probably get it now if they would let you order softop only which is what I want, but you can’t in a 2 door.

31 minutes ago, Brew said:

I have a 2 door on order. The dealer thinks it may come early summer because they are running better timelines on it. He said I could probably get it now if they would let you order softop only which is what I want, but you can’t in a 2 door.

As I understand it, there are several items that can delay production of a particular build, and they include the tow package, Sasquatch package, hard top, and the modular front bumper.  At least those were some of the "sins" as of a few months ago.   But I know people who got their Broncos with some of those items in the build, so who knows?  I've given up trying to figure out Ford's methodology.

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

As I understand it, there are several items that can delay production of a particular build, and they include the tow package, Sasquatch package, hard top, and the modular front bumper.  At least those were some of the "sins" as of a few months ago.   But I know people who got their Broncos with some of those items in the build, so who knows?  I've given up trying to figure out Ford's methodology.

I went Black Diamond because I want the spray out interior for the beach. I wanted soft top only but they make you order the hard top with the 2 door. Limited options also which should help. Flip side is I’m not sure how popular that model is which may keep me further out. Dealer here has not had another one.

That and factory trailer hitches seem to be the big holdups.  Business partner's F350 is still inbound (someday) and they told him those 2 things would hold it up.  He's having the dealer install both.

Heard the same. Also super duties with adaptive cruise control or the tremor package. Months late on even getting a build date. I’m worried my truck will never get built.
  • Like 1