Truck Nuts

BurntOrange&White

On 6/17/2022 at 9:27 PM, Lat22 said:

After first detail. It’s already dirty again though. 

DD142C1D-7A06-4325-BDA4-131D6FEDAAA3.jpeg

I'm gonna come over, throw down some two-handed  tomahawk dunks on your basketball goal and then hang on it until you give me a technical foul.

Of course, I'll be jumping from the roof of your truck.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, deadshank said:

I'm gonna come over, throw down some two-handed  tomahawk dunks on your basketball goal and then hang on it until you give me a technical foul.

Of course, I'll be jumping from the roof of your truck.

Don't overrun the goal or you'll skewer yourself from scrotum-to-epiglottis on that metal death fence back there.

On 8/18/2022 at 8:14 AM, CleverNickname said:

Anyone here built a ladder rack or overlanding set up out of unistrut/superstrut? I am thinking about making something for my canyon. Nothing fancy, but maybe something to help carry 10' lumber and kayaks and such. Also: I'm cheap.

Update. I'm at like $250 or $300 in materials. Will it turn out okay? I dunno. Am I doing it? Yes I am.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Spendy is being kind.

Love Tacomas and would have picked one up instead of the Tundra, but alas, it wouldn't pull my boat off those Canyon Lake steep/slippery ramps.

That said, I'm really loving the Tundra.  Built like a brick shit house from bolt to bolt.

@IncredulityI bought mine used.  When I compared used Tundra prices (70K plus miles) with the makes you mentioned, they were indeed more spendy.

Of course, there's a reason for that.

But, yeah, there are no deals out there anymore for good pickups.  That said, at least prices have come down from when I bought that Tundra a year ago.

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Cajun said:

@IncredulityI bought mine used.  When I compared used Tundra prices (70K plus miles) with the makes you mentioned, they were indeed more spendy.

Of course, there's a reason for that.

But, yeah, there are no deals out there anymore for good pickups.

I just bought a 21' Tundra last Nov.

Got it at MSRP.  approx 46K 

comparable Rams, Fords and Chevys were well over 50 some WAY over.

Yes they don't depreciate much.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Incredulity said:

I just bought a 21' Tundra last Nov.

Got it at MSRP.  approx 46K 

comparable Rams, Fords and Chevys were well over 50 some WAY over.

Yes they don't depreciate much.

Yeah, the prices invert around 60k to 80k though.  I've been a Ford guy forever.  Still have a 2010 King Ranch F150 with a bit over 120k miles.  I might be able to get $12k for it now and it's in good shape.  Do that same calc with a run of the mill Tundra and see what you're looking at.  Double probably.

17 hours ago, tbone_ said:

I paid 65 for that Sierra. 2k under sticker of 67. I had an F150 hybrid platinum on order that I canceled when I bought the GMC. The F150 was 81.

All redonkulous.

O_O

I’ll stick with my 2000 F350 crew cab long bed modestly lifted with ranch guard and bumpers and like it. $13k in 2019. Sounds like a school bus but it’s not burning a whole in my wallet.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I got rid of an 07 Ram 1500 MDS Hemi that was a non-stop problem.  MDS shit the bed a year after the meager warranty expired.  Every time I started it for the last 3 years I was certain it was the last time.  Had about 115K miles on it.  Got $7500 for it from Toyota dealer.  I was stunned(used car market dynamics obviously).

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Cajun said:

Had same shit with my ‘03 F250.  Loved it when it ran.  Complete money pit though.

My idiot mistake for buying that 1st generation 6.0.

I had one of those money pits as well, that fucker cost me a shit ton. I have a 2019 6.7 that’s been deleted and never a problem. It’s a long bed crew cab 4x4 and will haul the mail.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cajun said:

@RMac5I've never hated a truck that I loved so much.

There’s a diesel shop around the corner from my office. They have >50 6.0’s there at any given time (no hyperbole).  They are bulletproofing most of them I assume (before the boom or after, who knows).    I’m still limping my old Dmax along, though she’s beginning to show her age. Thinking about ordering a new 350 next year.  Maybe.  

• Hook 'Em 2

I'm not much into designer retrofitted pickups, but for this one I'll make an exception.  A BIG goddamned exception...

B715FCA3-696C-4E0F-B1CC-234224C05061.jpeg

Edited by Cajun
https://www.prestigeimports.com/blog/2017-toyota-tundra-devolro-for-sale-north-miami-beach-fl/

I just gotta say I really dig that Sierra. I basically bought it as a super comfy cruiser, with other functionality. In other words, instead of a big suv. It’s amazing how far these things have come. The interior is finally redesigned and is way better. It rides and drives so much better than my 19 Tahoe Premier it’s hard to believe.

Fwiw. /csb.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
Looks Like Titan came out with a 43 gallon replacement tank for the Sierra 1500 3.0 Duramax. I'm super horny for the potential of going almost 1k miles between fill ups with a truck lifted 6"
I've contemplated adding one to my Cummins but the price is stupid high for a tank.
Any particular recs on replacement lugnuts for my 2016 F150? Last oil change the shop told me to come back with new lugnuts if I want the tires rotated. Just a little bit of research and I guess that’s a whole fucking thing with the fords and swollen lugnuts.
Buy a set at oreillys and you'll be fine bud.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Not a real truck I know, but I got my first up close detailed look at a Maverick this morning. It was what’s considered loaded for these and I was pretty impressed. Thinking of getting one as an extra vehicle for a daily driver and keep my Ram in the driveway until the weekends or as needed.

Scored some nice 4th gen Dodge seats for my old 3rd gen Cummins from a local wrecking yard. Ordered new foams and installed those with hog rings. Frames bolted up directly, the only change was the wiring for the front seats. Removed my old tans seats and added the gray set which looks good iand feels amazing.

I've seen some folks put full-on Lariame leather seats with all the options in old Dodges but my truck is a work truck so no need to go crazy.9df07d2346233b72f7dee1a1d2a17eb2.jpgb7c3b5022a9fe3b55dcbcdd20ebcf157.jpg2afa2fdf1bdb35ce98692a77dab90f50.jpg6312a97a09b20ac2e018b7780ed96810.jpg8a73f438a41bbb1dcefce9b77b2927c9.jpgef8e62b6a3bcfd752ac5dafab8ab8b59.jpg3c400a09cb408fccd8a82f86678e0b3b.jpg

• Hook 'Em 5

• 2 weeks later...

some fuckstain tried to steal my truck when we were on vacation this last week.  Not sure why they didn't just take it but they moved the truck around the corner and then demolished the interior mostly the dash, ignition and stole the stereo.  assholes did all that damage for an old shitty stereo they couldn't probably pawn for more than $20.

I just finished the online APD report so I can show insurance I made the report. I did the information only report knowing those guys aren't going to spend anytime looking for the POS that did this.

So now I need to get it fixed.  might need real work to the truck I don't know yet but it absolutely needs a replaced dash, replaced stereo and the ignition key assembly replaced.  where in the Austin area do I have it towed to?  it's a 2000 F350, so it's an old truck.  help...

Edited by troph
  • Rage+1 5

15 hours ago, troph said:

some fuckstain tried to steal my truck when we were on vacation this last week.  Not sure why they didn't just take it but they moved the truck around the corner and then demolished the interior mostly the dash, ignition and stole the stereo.  assholes did all that damage for an old shitty stereo they couldn't probably pawn for more than $20.

I just finished the online APD report so I can show insurance I made the report. I did the information only report knowing those guys aren't going to spend anytime looking for the POS that did this.

So now I need to get it fixed.  might need real work to the truck I don't know yet but it absolutely needs a replaced dash, replaced stereo and the ignition key assembly replaced.  where in the Austin area do I have it towed to?  it's a 2000 F350, so it's an old truck.  help...

Sorry to hear that.  I hate thieves so damn much.

My car in college was an older Mustang convertible.  It was nothing special but I liked it.  It had a $69 Kraco stereo in it, and nothing else, so I always left the doors unlocked in case any asshole thieves thought they needed something from inside.  But sure enough, one night some asshole thieves cut through the $1,000 top to get to my $69 Kraco stereo.  And they couldn't even get it out, so they just screwed up the dash and destroyed my top.

Did I mention I hate thieves?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Looking for tire recommendations.  I have a 2020 Chevy Crew-cab 1500 LT Z71 4WD.  I do a lot of highway driving with the occasional dirt or gravel roads when camping or hiking.  Presently running Bridgestone Dueler A/T 275/60R20 115S M+S.  They have around 62,000 miles on them and I have been happy with them.  Have driven them through rain, sleet and snow.  Not opposed to going back with them but just checking on any alternatives with either performance or cost differences.

I run Cooper AT3s and love them and are a very nice compromise. The road noise is very good and the traction in the rain is very good. Off-road manners are phenomenal as well. I've had a set of 315s on my truck for almost a year and would run them again.

I've had BFG, hanhooks, Nittos, MTs, and Coopers are probably the best.

1 hour ago, Mother mopar said:

I run Cooper AT3s and love them and are a very nice compromise. The road noise is very good and the traction in the rain is very good. Off-road manners are phenomenal as well. I've had a set of 315s on my truck for almost a year and would run them again.

I've had BFG, hanhooks, Nittos, MTs, and Coopers are probably the best.

I’ve run several sets of Cooper AT3’s over the last 6-7 years and would not go with anything else. Buddy owns a tire shop in town and he had me switch over to them because of cupping issues on a couple of sets of BFG’s. I’ve had zero issues with the Coopers.