Truck Nuts

BurntOrange&White

On 11/26/2022 at 10:25 PM, fattyflattie said:

Godamnit. I like they your truck.  Can’t stand a thief. 

On 11/27/2022 at 8:07 AM, utee94 said:

Sorry to hear that.  I hate thieves so damn much.

My car in college was an older Mustang convertible.  It was nothing special but I liked it.  It had a $69 Kraco stereo in it, and nothing else, so I always left the doors unlocked in case any asshole thieves thought they needed something from inside.  But sure enough, one night some asshole thieves cut through the $1,000 top to get to my $69 Kraco stereo.  And they couldn't even get it out, so they just screwed up the dash and destroyed my top.

Did I mention I hate thieves?

decided to run it through insurance. it'll be fixed in 869 days I'm sure.

• Rage+1 1

• 3 weeks later...

Speaking of electric cars...

Toyota’s First-Ever All-Electric Pickup Truck Is... Not Quite What You'd Expect

https://www.motortrend.com/news/toyota-hilux-revo-bev-concept-first-look/?sm_id=organic%3Asm_id%3Afb%3AAMAG%3Atrueanthem&fbclid=IwAR3eMWbr5vsSSEIYaC7d_XVYbv61NAtTKZoGlJ2Izc3SPUSCXcXTIBvHX9U

Toyota Hilux Revo EV Concept pickup truck 5

Edited by utee94

3 hours ago, Celery Man said:

anyone had door issues in frozen weather with a ~2016 F150? Looks like it's a "thing" (door won't latch when it is freezing AF, seems like it will resolve if I run the car long enough for everything to warm up) but it's causing me fucking problems right now.

So weird, I just experienced this today on my 2015 F150, on the rear driver-side door. Never happened at all during Icepocalypse in 2021.

anyone had door issues in frozen weather with a ~2016 F150? Looks like it's a "thing" (door won't latch when it is freezing AF, seems like it will resolve if I run the car long enough for everything to warm up) but it's causing me fucking problems right now.

Pretty sure there’s a recall on it. Once it happens take it in and the dealer can resolve the issue. Probably not worth the hassle but FYI.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Been doing a lot of online browsing lately. My 2014 F150 KR is sitting at 84K miles. Been very fortunate to have short commutes the 6 years since I bought it. Still in pretty good shape, no major mechanical issues, but the AC system can barely keep up with Texas summer heat and I ain't dealing with that again. I'd rather let the next owner mess with it. Would prefer to trade it in before I hit 90k. 

Probably gonna pull the trigger on something in February or March. Planning to buy more or less the exact same truck, just 5-6 years newer and sub 40K miles. Also, downsizing from the 7.5' bed to the standard 6.5' bed. I hate parking my current truck.

Found a '19 with 39.5K miles for a good price this morning, but that's bumping right up against my cutoff points for age and mileage. Fortunately I can wait until I find exactly what I'm looking for.

Edited by Storm the Field

1 hour ago, Storm the Field said:

Sorry yeah, got my numbers mixed up. 6.5 to 5.5.

I only mentioned it in case you were using that as a search/filter on your search for a new one.  That, and the 6.5's (which were normal my entire life) still stick out on 4 door half tons when I see them.  It's still just a regular short bed on a 3/4 or 1 ton, of course. 

On 12/24/2022 at 9:06 AM, Celery Man said:

On 12/24/2022 at 12:54 PM, utee94 said:

So weird, I just experienced this today on my 2015 F150, on the rear driver-side door. Never happened at all during Icepocalypse in 2021.

On 12/24/2022 at 6:56 PM, Amos Moses said:

Pretty sure there’s a recall on it. Once it happens take it in and the dealer can resolve the issue. Probably not worth the hassle but FYI.

Revisiting this, my issue went away as soon as the weather warmed up.  

On 12/28/2022 at 6:20 PM, Storm the Field said:

Been doing a lot of online browsing lately. My 2014 F150 KR is sitting at 84K miles. Been very fortunate to have short commutes the 6 years since I bought it. Still in pretty good shape, no major mechanical issues, but the AC system can barely keep up with Texas summer heat and I ain't dealing with that again. I'd rather let the next owner mess with it. Would prefer to trade it in before I hit 90k. 

Probably gonna pull the trigger on something in February or March. Planning to buy more or less the exact same truck, just 5-6 years newer and sub 40K miles. Also, downsizing from the 7.5' bed to the standard 6.5' bed. I hate parking my current truck.

Found a '19 with 39.5K miles for a good price this morning, but that's bumping right up against my cutoff points for age and mileage. Fortunately I can wait until I find exactly what I'm looking for.

Quick follow-up. My current ride has some moderate damage to the right side of the front bumper. Sideswiped a parking barrier I couldn't see when reversing out of a spot at the grocery store a few months back.

Let's say it would cost $1500 or so to repair/replace. When I go to trade in, would I be better off just leaving it as is and getting less trade-in value, or should I go ahead and get it fixed? I'm assuming a dealership can do the repairs themselves for less than a body shop, so leaning towards just trading in as-is.

Leave it as is and make sure you don’t get an insurance quote so it doesn’t show up on Carfax as an accident. They’ll fix it themselves and never disclose it.

Had the same situation with a Tahoe a while back. Dealership asked me all about whether I had insurance ever involved (for the carfax reason). Was a non issue for them.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot to post this here.
2021 F150 Plat 4WD max tow, 21k miles.
Dec 23 heard a rattling noise on my passenger side. Had been at the ranch figured a small rock had gotten hung up in the brake caliper somehow.
Got home and started to check it, well appears the bolt on the end of the axle on my rear pass wheel had sheared off and the top half/nut and washer were rattlung around behind the lug plate.
Wtf!
Towed to Mac Hsik ford Gtown. They acted like they hadnt seen it before. Looked online and its a pretty well know issue. Ots happening to multiple wheels on the same trucks oftentimes. Theyre replacing the hub assembly, axle and bolts. Still waiting on parts and driving a lisner explorer. Uggggg
Anyone have a 21-23 f150 keep an eye/ear out.
What a pos
46288a80cd35102e0a7179b057876468.jpg
f5764f7624b2de1a906c809a9cdc7fdc.jpg

Anyone got anything good or bad to say about the fabric truck toppers?  Mainly concerned about easy of putting on/ taking off and longevity.  

Like a tonneau cover? I went with the three way foldable rigid one. It’s pretty easy to take in and out.
Dec 23 heard a rattling noise on my passenger side. Had been at the ranch figured a small rock had gotten hung up in the brake caliper somehow.
Got home and started to check it, well appears the bolt on the end of the axle on my rear pass wheel had sheared off and the top half/nut and washer were rattlung around behind the lug plate.
Wtf!
Towed to Mac Hsik ford Gtown. They acted like they hadnt seen it before. Looked online and its a pretty well know issue. Ots happening to multiple wheels on the same trucks oftentimes. Theyre replacing the hub assembly, axle and bolts. Still waiting on parts and driving a lisner explorer. Uggggg
What a pos

JFC

7 hours ago, williemackgarza said:

Wtf!
What a pos

Damn.  That could have been not good. 

On 12/16/2022 at 11:55 AM, Anton Chigurh said:

The Land Cruiser is allegedly coming back but on the Prado platform as a 4 cylinder turbo hybrid. Still speculation though.

It is coming back.  Have not heard anything about the platform or power.  From what I heard it will be more along the lines of the original Land Cruiser and not a luxury vehicle. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/16/2023 at 4:38 PM, Dry Elbows said:

It is coming back.  Have not heard anything about the platform or power.  From what I heard it will be more along the lines of the original Land Cruiser and not a luxury vehicle. 

it doesn’t need to be luxury, just an OG Land Cruiser 

• Hook 'Em 1

Man, have you seen all those preachy a-holes on that OTHER truck thread?  Glad nobody's tried to force them over here.  One early mention of this thread, but nobody seemed to bite.  Thank goodness. :)

Anyway, I'm thinking about trading my F150 for an F750 or F850.  As long as it rides at about 10' tall and takes up 37 parking spaces.

Who's with me????

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, utee94 said:

Man, have you seen all those preachy a-holes on that OTHER truck thread?  Glad nobody's tried to force them over here.  One early mention of this thread, but nobody seemed to bite.  Thank goodness. :)

Anyway, I'm thinking about trading my F150 for an F750 or F850.  As long as it rides at about 10' tall and takes up 37 parking spaces.

Who's with me????

Id go with the Canyon Arrow

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, utee94 said:

Who's with me????

It's one of craziest things I've read on this page
On another note Looks like F250s are coming down in price. May be time for an upgrade

On 11/28/2022 at 8:15 AM, Lat22 said:

Michelin LTX A/T2 are probably the best tires I've ever had.  They'll last 70k miles.  That doesn't mean I just didn't slap a set of BFGs on my Superduty strictly for looks.

Good all around tire, but the ranch just ate one a few weekend back.  Either a sharp rock or a thorn.  Right in the middle.  Could hear the hissing as it deflated.  Slapped on a new set of Cooper ATPs E-rated, 10-ply tires.  Big fan so far.  Zero road noise.  

23 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

There’s another truck thread?

There’s a thread that claims no one uses their trucks for truck purposes, and that we should build infrastructure to limit their access, along with heavily taxing them, to bring them back to the size of trucks in the late 80’s. I’d guess most of the posters have at least a Tahoe or bigger SUV in their garage. 

6 hours ago, utee94 said:

As long as it rides at about 10' tall and takes up 37 parking spaces.

Who's with me????

I understood this is what F150s already do! 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, TXLNGHRN10 said:

It's one of craziest things I've read on this page
On another note Looks like F250s are coming down in price. May be time for an upgrade

They still have a ways to go. I’m considering getting out of mine after 9 months and they are still offering more than I have in it on trade which seemed nuts with the declining used market.

The other thread is a great read. Very odd, but still worth the time.

• Haha 1

On 12/16/2022 at 9:40 AM, Your Mom said:

I saw that last night.  Apparently it's the electric version of the Hilux and intended to be sold in Asia and the Middle East.  

When I was in Vietnam ten years ago the scooters were a massive issue.  Thousands of them choking every viable road.  We'd see families of 4 on them.  No real traffic laws.  If you had to cross, you just commit and they part (as they can stop so quickly)).

My obvious question was what happens when cars start to appear?  This seems the evolution of that.  Small, nimble vehicles that can haul a shit-ton and utilize the existing narrow, congested streets.  

ibdm39nnoflun173jfud.jpg

Edited by BabaYaga

20 hours ago, Lhorn said:

-It goes real slow with the hammer down,

-it’s the country fried truck endorsed by a clown. 

"12 yards long and 2 lanes wide, 65 tons of American Pride"

"Top of the line in utility sports, unexplained fires are a matter for the courts"

Also love the disclaimer "The Federal Highway Commission has ruled the Canyonero unsafe for city or highway driving."

5 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

When I was in Vietnam ten years ago the scooters were a massive issue.  Thousands of them choking every viable road.  We'd see families of 4 on them.  No real traffic laws.  If you had to cross, you just commit and they part (as they can stop so quickly)).

My obvious question was what happens when cars start to appear?  This seems the evolution of that.  Small, nimble vehicles that can haul a shit-ton and utilize the existing narrow, congested streets.  

ibdm39nnoflun173jfud.jpg

As chaotic as that looks imagine if all of those people had to be in 20 foot long vehicles in groups of 1 or 2.  I guess it works for them. They should make crew cab scooters that comfortably seat a family.  

2 hours ago, Lhorn said:

As chaotic as that looks imagine if all of those people had to be in 20 foot long vehicles in groups of 1 or 2.  I guess it works for them. They should make crew cab scooters that comfortably seat a family.  

They are about $250 USD; equivalent for an average yearly wage.  They are everywhere.  As the growing manufacturing taking place in the country grows, so too will be buying power of the workers.  Their infrastructure is not (at the time) established enough to support larger vehicles at scale.  It will be interesting to watch this unfold.  

6 hours ago, Lhorn said:

They already make them, called a golf cart.

Driving home from a work site last nice in BFE Alabama and my truck (dodge 07 2500, 5.9) stumbled and lost power. Pulled over in a farm field cutoff and pulled the codes. #3 injectors/fuel codes galore. Ohm'd it out at 176 all others were between 1-2.5.

Ordered a set of 30 over injectors & crossover tubes from dynamite diesel. With 164k miles I knew it was coming but sucks nonetheless. Hoping to get it done quick as I have to hit up a paper mill in GA next week.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Mother mopar said:

Driving home from a work site last nice in BFE Alabama and my truck (dodge 07 2500, 5.9) stumbled and lost power. Pulled over in a farm field cutoff and pulled the codes. #3 injectors/fuel codes galore. Ohm'd it out at 176 all others were between 1-2.5.

Ordered a set of 30 over injectors & crossover tubes from dynamite diesel. With 164k miles I knew it was coming but sucks nonetheless. Hoping to get it done quick as I have to hit up a paper mill in GA next week.

I can feel mine coming.  290k but starting to get hints of smoke. 

• Like 1