My new favorite subreddit

GSU&UT

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the argument. I want my shirt? Did she steal a shirt and then demand they give it to her? Boy, that black chick reminds me of my old golden retriever when she was near water and I would hold her back because it was nasty or I didn't have a towel with me. She'd try anything to get to it. haha

2 hours ago, bluto said:

That thread beyond the funny vid is worth a read, fascinating stuff but also makes sense in relatability between cultures/lifestyle. 

Agreed. I was hooked by the vid but stayed for the thread and it was worth it.

3 hours ago, Vegas64 said:

True story- stopped off in a random bar and grill south of Addis Ababa, and they changed the jazz they were listening to and put on Don Williams.

Not that I was complaining, but it was certainly a choice.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/5/2022 at 8:36 AM, bluto said:

That thread beyond the funny vid is worth a read, fascinating stuff but also makes sense in relatability between cultures/lifestyle. 

Was in rural northern Zambia several years ago and noticed it, but never really thought of why. Good thread.

On 7/18/2022 at 5:02 AM, Longboard Horn said:

B04288C6-B604-4DF2-BEB6-C8F7FE04A9DE.jpeg

At age 3 I had been watching the original broadcast of Roots with the family. According to my mother the next time I saw a black person at the grocery store with her I started yelling, "Rootas! Rootas, momma!" While pointing at said black person.

This was 1977 Cedar Rapids Iowa so black folks were pretty rare in that area at the time.

At age 3 I had been watching the original broadcast of Roots with the family. According to my mother the next time I saw a black person at the grocery store with her I started yelling, "Rootas! Rootas, momma!" While pointing at said black person.
This was 1977 Cedar Rapids Iowa so black folks were pretty rare in that area at the time.

66c3f06ee085f12ad10e21ef0bc2ff3b.gif

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/edcdd519-70d7-40fd-be70-9d60a143921f

• 3 weeks later...