Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

8 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Just curious, what you do believe the prevailing political party in Houston is?  At something like a 95% clip. 

Not sure about Houston, but Harris County went 56% Dem, 43% Rep in the last Presidential election.

image.png.10c108ce44d04f56fc727e516a09e5c3.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Gil Bang said:

How about Dallas?

I’m not familiar, so I didn’t comment on it. I’d reckon it’s a bit more R than Harris, but still heavily leaning D. While the outskirts and suburbs are closer to 50/50 (like Ft Bend) with some strong R areas (like Montgomery for Harris).  

Whenever Hildalgo was voted in (can’t recall if ‘18 or ‘20, I believe ‘20) the Ds took a clean sweep of Houston. I heard on the radio the other day that the first and only R judge since that election, just took office recently(didn’t hear why). 

8 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Is that a pug in a Slimer costume?

A free association image based on AOC’’s penchant for costuming dogs, using the ankle biter of the day as inspiration.

Edited to explain that is how I imagine canine-WWS would look in costume.

Edited by Willfully Horn

Crime is going up in every city in the country. If it's the fault of progressive DAs, why is it also rising in cities with tough on crime prosecutors?

At the end of the day, California still locks up a greater percentage of their population than other non-authoritarian nation.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

How about Dallas?  For that matter, how many "Conservative" big cities are there? 

Dallas is not a conservative big city. Maybe Fort Worth but it’s not really that big. I can’t think of any large cities  that people actually want to live in or that are centers of finance or industry that are majority conservative

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

1. Are there any "conservative" big cities?

Mesa, AZ

OKC, OK

Virginia Beach, , VA

Colorado Springs, CO

Jacksonville, FL

Don’t know if these cities are all that big, but they are reputed to be the most conservative.

Edited by Willfully Horn
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

1. Are there any "conservative" big cities?

2. How does crime in big cities compare with crime in smaller cities or the suburbs or the rural areas?

Whether a city is "conservative" or "liberal" in its' voting base is largely irrelevant in the analysis. Whether or not specific "progressive" criminal justice reforms have been instituted is the key. 

Many blue cities have classic, conservatives running the courts, DAs office, and law enforcement. 

Just because the mayor shows up at the Pride Parade and kneels at a BLM rally doesn't actually mean anything has changed.

• Hook 'Em 6

6 hours ago, Bullneck said:

I think another reason they vote blue is because they're more diverse and people are more used to dealing on a daily basis with people who don't look like them.  They understand they don't always get their way and democracy is messy.  

Definitely this.

I think another reason they vote blue is because they're more diverse and people are more used to dealing on a daily basis with people who don't look like them.  They understand they don't always get their way and democracy is messy.  

If by “dealing with” you mean picking up to-go orders or riding in the back seat of an Uber, then yeah I would agree the likes of Austin, SEA, DC, NYC, LA, SF are bastions of diversity and inclusivity.

22 minutes ago, Muny_Tex said:

If by “dealing with” you mean picking up to-go orders or riding in the back seat of an Uber, then yeah I would agree the likes of Austin, SEA, DC, NYC, LA, SF are bastions of diversity and inclusivity.

Wat?

Wat?

Do you visit Tarrytown/Clarksville/Hyde Park very often? Who did these almost monolithically white communities generally vote for in 2020?

Compare that with the racial demographics of Lockhart/Luling ISDs and let me know how well Biden did in Caldwell County.

There’s plenty of reasons why urban area vote liberal/democrat…sanctimony about their highly evolved racial harmony is not one of them.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

6 minutes ago, Muny_Tex said:

There’s plenty of reasons why urban area vote liberal/democrat…sanctimony about their highly evolved racial harmony is not one of them.

Higher education overwhelmingly being first and foremost. Racial sanctimony is a barely unfortunate byproduct that racist denialists insist must be sterilized into purity before they take the first step treating the gangrene of their own fetid shit. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Not sure about Houston, but Harris County went 56% Dem, 43% Rep in the last Presidential election.

image.png.10c108ce44d04f56fc727e516a09e5c3.png

So, nowhere near what @fattyflattie contended, which is the only reason @jimmyjazz bothered to take the time to look up and post, to which @fattyflattie pretends never happens, and just continues to nonchalantly post on same thread. 

"Go ahead! Go thru the thousands of my posts and show me where I said that"

Why?

Everyone sees you better than you do. 

• Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

So, nowhere near what @fattyflattie contended, which is the only reason @jimmyjazz bothered to take the time to look up and post, to which @fattyflattie pretends never happens, and just continues to nonchalantly post on same thread. 

"Go ahead! Go thru the thousands of my posts and show me where I said that"

Why?

Everyone sees you better than you do. 

The fuck does the presidential votes show me about local elections? It wasn’t what was being discussed. But keep on fucking that chicken. And keep on shifting blame on why large cities are sucking shit thru a straw. 

eta: his graph was shit anyhow. For one, the Woodlands is Harris county? No. Sugarland? No. Are we randomly cherry-picking suburbs of Houston while leaving out Katy and Baytown?    

Edited by fattyflattie

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

The fuck does the presidential votes show me about local elections? It wasn’t what was being discussed. But keep on fucking that chicken. And keep on shifting blame on why large cities are sucking shit thru a straw. 

eta: his graph was shit anyhow. For one, the Woodlands is Harris county? No. Sugarland? No. Are we randomly cherry-picking suburbs of Houston while leaving out Katy and Baytown?    

See, we have to lie to make us feel better.

On 4/29/2022 at 7:39 PM, workswithseed said:

I'm kinda borderline on the rape/incest abortion.

Jesus fucking Christ. Can you seriously just take two seconds to think before you post? The fuck is wrong with you? 

11 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

The fuck does the presidential votes show me about local elections? 

😄😄😄

It's funny when conservatives insinuate something and then deny the insinuation. 

Can't really explolate anything meaningful from presidential votes as they pertain to local elections being as it goes counter to what I was suggesting and I think you're a moron unable to see what I'm doing in broad daylight.

- fatfuck

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

his graph was shit anyhow. For one, the Woodlands is Harris county? No. Sugarland? No. Are we randomly cherry-picking suburbs of Houston while leaving out Katy and Baytown?    

For pity's sake, the chart shows Harris County on the top bar, the Houston/Sugar Land/Woodlands METRO AREA on the second bar, and Texas on the third bar.  Three different sets of data.  Katy is included in that metro area, as are Baytown, Sugar Land, and The Woodlands.  That metro area comprises nine counties.

It's information.  Accept it or don't.

image.thumb.png.9f0d153ff13a194004e936db9eb8d3dd.png

• Fuck You 1

9 hours ago, Muny_Tex said:

Do you visit Tarrytown/Clarksville/Hyde Park very often? Who did these almost monolithically white communities generally vote for in 2020?

Compare that with the racial demographics of Lockhart/Luling ISDs and let me know how well Biden did in Caldwell County.

Negged for shitty posting.

I don't visit the areas you described very often.  I don't anything about Lockhart/Luling.  So why don't YOU post that info.  This isn't a scavenger hunt for your confirmation bias.

Edited by Bullneck
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

11 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Did this thread turn into the shitty places to live thread?

6 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

So you have nothing.

I think you were lying when you posted that you do not have a degree.

How could an intelligent poster, such as yourself, not have an advanced education?  It bottles the mind.

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Muny_Tex said:

Those school districts are 70% Hispanics. When those kids are old enough to vote (assuming they don’t all gtfo) they aren’t voting GQP. Birth rate is destiny. Tick tock motherfucker

Those school districts are 70% Hispanics. When those kids are old enough to vote (assuming they don’t all gtfo) they aren’t voting GQP. Birth rate is destiny. Tick tock motherfucker

Yep I think you nailed it. “Sure, we have a border crisis, runaway inflation, and are attempting to dictate your cultural heritage via insistence on term the latinx…but if you don’t vote Dem, then you ain’t brown”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Muny_Tex said:

Yep I think you nailed it. “Sure, we have a border crisis, runaway inflation, and are attempting to dictate your cultural heritage via insistence on term the latinx…but if you don’t vote Dem, then you ain’t brown”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you retarded?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

She’s off the market, boys.

There’s hope for all you average looking ginger hipsters!

662af6e4af002f5fcf287be74e0fc55a.jpg

Jeez.  This has got to be the biggest moment for gingers since Jason Garretts Thanksgiving game in 94.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4