Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

Are you basically defining the Genuine Article that Steve Martin used in Leap of Faith?

Great movie. But I don’t think that’s correct. Steve Martin’s character knew he was a grifter. But when Lukas Haas’ character walked, that created doubt in his mind. Modern Republicans are just grifters. There’s no doubt. And no good deed will change that.

Also, just because. From the cover of my DVD: “Real miracles, sensibly priced.”

Edited by WhatTheBuck

6 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Great movie. But I don’t think that’s correct. Steve Martin’s character knew he was a grifter. But when Lukas Haas’ character walked, that created doubt in his mind. Modern Republicans are just grifters. There’s no doubt. And no good deed will change that.

Also, just because. From the cover of my DVD: “Real miracles, sensibly priced.”

Genuine Article is AOC in this case.  The republicans hate her for it.  I didn't intend it to be much more than that. 

13 hours ago, Nivek said:

Genuine Article is AOC in this case.  The republicans hate her for it.  I didn't intend it to be much more than that. 

On that level, I see the analogy. If the right wingers who irrationally hate AOC had the self awareness of Steve Martin's character, they'd realize their hatred of her is merely a defense mechanism to avoid realizing that they aren't good people.

56 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

I like to see her unapologetically embracing life opportunities being a celebrity politician opens up for you.

It's a hint untoward but between exploiting your position for a fancy gala evening or exploiting your position to your the countryside with a pedophile (MGT, looking at you)...I think AOC's track is a little more digestible.  I think Boebert got invited to judge a wing-eating contest in West Virginia the other day, good on her.

38 minutes ago, Lobo said:

It's a hint untoward but between exploiting your position for a fancy gala evening or exploiting your position to your the countryside with a pedophile (MGT, looking at you)...I think AOC's track is a little more digestible.  I think Boebert got invited to judge a wing-eating contest in West Virginia the other day, good on her.

Yea I’m not mad at this or judging. Play on, playas.

Edited by DonkeyCigars

45 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I was wondering what a judge would do at a wing eating contest, i did a bit of googling on the rules.  

https://worldwingfest.com/judging-rules/

it seems like there are more rules for a wing contest than there are for masks and vaccines. Number 25 is pretty anti-American

25: NO throwing baseballs, NO drones, NO concealed weapons of any kind

But, i guess we do have 26 to appease the euro's and the commies.

26: You may have footballs, soccer balls and frisbees

On 9/8/2021 at 4:33 PM, elfenix said:

we're nicer to they gays and more accepting of marijuana while but we've also been systematically gutting environmental protections, labor protections, demonized labor unions, demonized science, demonized the actual mechanics of elections, cut taxes for the wealthiest 1% eleventy billion times, demonized public assistance, weaponized religious protections, and allowed dark money to effectively evade any campaign finance limits. and every word after 'but' in the preceding sentence has been in service of conservatism, but right, we've moved indisputably left. 

Should we add: destroyed the middle class, allowed our children to get murdered at school, ignored the expansive growth of extremists because they were white/right-wing, and got pantsed/bankrupted in 3/4 wars?

Edited by pacman
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

11 hours ago, Lobo said:

I've already gotten multiple group texts with rich friends (note: I am not rich) this morning who are up in arms about this dress/event. Hilarious; AoC cannot make a misstep. She's trolling these people and they are incensed and frothing. Her instincts are amazing; she's a disruptor.

Edited by DonkeyCigars

13 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I don’t know who Lisa Ann is. But Lee Ann? Mrowr. 

What Phish is to you in terms of jam bands.

Lisa Ann is that to us in terms of milf cinema.

17 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

She has a little less junk in the trunk than I like, but she's still a candidate to be Mrs. Bullneck #3.  

Gross. Go be a pervert on a different thread. There is a “reach out to the other side of the aisle” thread for you and pervert DDDdad to ogle and objectify women. This thread should be about the politician and politics.

Edited by DonkeyCigars

The complete tone-deafness of MN breaking out the violin for the very real issues that females--especially attractive ones--in positions of power face when he's bitched, moaned, complained, whined, and tantrummed his way through the last 18 months is just great.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

What exactly is your complaint with what she said? 

She is not supposed to notice that she is sexualized (both critically and supportively, but always hornily) by both her opponents and supporters. She's supposed to pretend it doesn't happen.

[edit]

I sound very stupid saying "sexualized... supportively" but I AM very stupid so someone smarter can phrase that in a more fitting way. I will be eating crayons.

Edited by bad_teammate
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1