Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

7 hours ago, 'stache said:

The CDC can’t say “don’t go to Florida” but it probably should.

"But Roy, can you imagine how your kids would have felt, if when you got to Florida...it was closed?"  

On 9/26/2021 at 10:48 AM, hayden_horn said:

oh. shit. when i was 23 i got hammered on a business trip and told a vp everything that was wrong with how the business was run. she says to me "why are you telling me this? I'm a vp"  to which i responded "why do you think I'm telling you this,  because you're a vp"

did not get fired. 

You sound like a straight shooter with upper management written all over him

• 3 months later...
14 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Screenshot_20220429-160540.png

Here’s some reading so you can better inform yourself instead of posting random snippets and thinking you made a valid point. No exceptions for rape or incest unless mothers life is at risk. Anybody can sue anybody over getting an abortion. Therefore a rapist could sue their victim if they believe they aborted their baby and there was no valid medical reason. I’m not sure how any conservative could even be on board with this extreme ideology and over reach by the government.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/verify/government-verify/texas-heartbeat-bill-does-not-allow-abortions-in-the-case-of-rape-or-incest-but-makes-an-exception-if-the-mothers-life-is-in-danger/536-dc6ce166-a150-41d3-8f9d-cc86a935573b

• Like 1

Step 1 - Ask yourself "What would a vile asshole do?".
Step 2 - Do whatever that is.
Step 3 - Call it conservative policy
Step 4 - Talk about how vile the liberals are.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Yeah I probably could have been a bit clearer and I deleted a part of it about unreported rapes to keep it simple. But the general info is there in the link from KVUE and wanted to encourage him to read it and not my summary.

3 hours ago, Covri said:

AOC and Gloria Johnson pointing out the hypocrisy of the right.

Surprised AOC’s thread fell to page 7.

Really? Y’all are so dense. Is this extreme enough? Texas has benefited massively from extreme left policies like this. 

https://www.sfchronicle.com/projects/2022/san-francisco-sros/

How about the California DA’s decarceration policy? Wrecking Sf and LA. People have to put signs in their cars that there’s nothing to steal, please don’t break my windows.  

Also, a notable extreme left policy is acting like border security is not a concern. Look at Hispanics switching to Republican Party. Y’all have your head in the sand if you think there’s no “extreme left” policies in play around the country. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 4

1 hour ago, hookemATL said:

It’s past time to start the WWS is a fat fucking regard thread. 

you do get partial credit for posting a screenshot of highlighted text instead of a 12 min YouTube vid. Baby steps I guess. 

I'll ask which one, and whichever video it is, I'd tell you you're wrong because it's a trick question.

It’s past time to start the WWS is a fat fucking regard thread. 

you do get partial credit for posting a screenshot of highlighted text instead of a 12 min YouTube vid. Baby steps I guess. 
I used to chalk up his idiocy to youth-driven stupidity. But he's been on these sites for damn near 8 years... I think it's just stupidity-driven stupidity.
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Covri said:

Here’s some reading so you can better inform yourself instead of posting random snippets and thinking you made a valid point. No exceptions for rape or incest unless mothers life is at risk. Anybody can sue anybody over getting an abortion. Therefore a rapist could sue their victim if they believe they aborted their baby and there was no valid medical reason. I’m not sure how any conservative could even be on board with this extreme ideology and over reach by the government.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/verify/government-verify/texas-heartbeat-bill-does-not-allow-abortions-in-the-case-of-rape-or-incest-but-makes-an-exception-if-the-mothers-life-is-in-danger/536-dc6ce166-a150-41d3-8f9d-cc86a935573b

I'm kinda borderline on the rape/incest abortion. I've already said what I thought about government in the issue. I said if we ever get universal I'd fight to make it all illegal since there is no barrier between private and government practice anymore. This still doesn't make it legal for the rapist to sue, only others can sue as others said. AOC is still wrong on this then, if you want it framed as disinfo, I'll call it that.

• Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, tchookem said:
3 hours ago, Foosters said:
Um, this doesn't say what you think it says. It says the rapist cannot sue. It does not limit any other person from bringing suit. 

So the rapist's family could bring suit?

That's what I've heard.  Fortunately I live in NJ.

9 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Really? Y’all are so dense. Is this extreme enough? Texas has benefited massively from extreme left policies like this. 

How about the California DA’s decarceration policy? Wrecking Sf and LA. People have to put signs in their cars that there’s nothing to steal, please don’t break my windows.  

Also, a notable extreme left policy is acting like border security is not a concern. Look at Hispanics switching to Republican Party. Y’all have your head in the sand if you think there’s no “extreme left” policies in play around the country. 

Your definition of “extreme left” is “anything to the left of Atila the Hun.” If you had ever correctly identified what the actual political left really is, I would have remembered it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

It’s interesting how his idiot fans even think and talk like Trump now. “If we ever get universal” is the same sort of short-circuited nonsense as “they were going to do fruit.”

3 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I’ll take “bad ways to start a sentence” for $1000, Alex

I spent about 5 minutes last night reading his response and trying to make sense of it. Both these statements are so wtf that I finally just decided to take trauma babe’s advice and not bother.

• Hook 'Em 3

…How about the California DA’s decarceration policy? Wrecking Sf and LA. People have to put signs in their cars that there’s nothing to steal, please don’t break my windows.Also, a notable extreme left policy is acting like border security is not a concern. Look at Hispanics switching to Republican Party. Y’all have your head in the sand if you think there’s no “extreme left” policies in play around the country.

Who is “the California DA”? And how is that one person “wrecking SF and LA.”? Those two places are pretty far away from each other.
  • Hook 'Em 5

13 hours ago, tchookem said:
17 hours ago, Foosters said:
Um, this doesn't say what you think it says. It says the rapist cannot sue. It does not limit any other person from bringing suit. 

So the rapist's family could bring suit?

THEY'RE SAVING INFANT LIVES!!!! THEY'RE STOPPING A WICKED WOMAN FROM SLAYING HER CHILDREN!!!

And, the important thing to remember about the Texas law persecuting women who want to make their own medical decisions is that AOC got a detail wrong. Where are y'all's priorities?

THEY'RE SAVING INFANT LIVES!!!! THEY'RE STOPPING A WICKED WOMAN FROM SLAYING HER CHILDREN!!!
And, the important thing to remember about the Texas law persecuting women who want to make their own medical decisions is that AOC got a detail wrong. Where are y'all's priorities?

Also, regarding the rapist not being able to sue, I wonder procedurally how that would work. I guess there would be a miniature rape trial as part of a summary judgment hearing?
  • Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

So, Los Angeles, which has been "wrecked" by the "California DA", must have really high crime rates compared to another big city...like Dallas, or Houston, 

14 hours ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

Los Angeles compares favorably to Dallas and Houston when you are talking about crime rates.

https://www.lamag.com/citythinkblog/new-crime-stats-revealed-homicides-in-los-angeles-soared-in-2021/

Property crime rose 4.2 percent last year over 2020, but there were about 5,000 fewer incidents in 2021 than in 2019. Additionally, the 90,090 property crimes last year is a 63.9 percent decline from 249,612 in 1992.

9 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

It’s not even wrong either, the part WWS posted says if they are found in violation of any of 3 penal codes. So that narrows it some, but definitely doesn’t exclude all rapists (with how many go unreported or even if reported never make it to a criminal case). And with how long criminal investigations can go on and everyone’s right to due process, how many are going to be found in violation of it in time? And then on top of that even if they are excluded, it clearly leaves the door open for family or friends or crazies to sue basically on their behalf. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I didn’t listen to the episodes on this link, but just from the text intro you can see how that little snippet of the law is pretty toothless based on what actually happens in the real world. 

https://www.kut.org/crime-justice/2019-08-20/the-provability-gap-why-sexual-assault-cases-are-so-hard-to-prosecute-in-austin?_amp=true

“Austin had the highest number of rapes reported in large Texas cities in 2017. The rate of reported rapes that year was also nearly 40% higher than U.S. cities of similar size. 

The Travis County District Attorney says law enforcement responded to more than 600 adult sexual assault allegations that year. Only one person was found guilty by a jury. 

And that case wasn't from Austin. ”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

5 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Just curious, what you do believe the prevailing political party in Houston is?  At something like a 95% clip. 

How about Dallas?  For that matter, how many "Conservative" big cities are there? 

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Hook 'Em 1