Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

I always felt the dem pushback was because the Bernie Bros (many of who overlap with AOC fans) kept sniping at dem candidates after the primaries and many stayed home allowing trump to win in 2016. That has always pissed me off too. I vote pretty far left in primaries but the second a more centrist dem wins the primary, I'm all in, because the right is beyond disgusting at this point.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, F250 said:

That's the dork that rapped in front of the Plano city council. He is a classic troll and AOC shouldn't have fed the beast.

The only thing I've agreed with Dan Crenshaw on is when he said Stein is an example of when angry little boys grow up and can't get girlfriends.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 months later...

Question. When Incredulity conducts his daily AOC masturbation marathon, does he do so:

A) with guilty tears streaming down his face

B) with a Trump figurine shoved up his ass for added pleasure

C) both A and B

D) both A and B, with an additional three Trump figurines shoved up his ass

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

so that legit or more R bullshit?

I was assuming legit since the Chairwoman is a Democrat. I do think it's interesting that this made the news, but the $15k fine issued to Madison Cawthorn by the same committee the day before didn't.

No charges have been made public, but there are rumors.

The House Ethics Committee is investigating New York Democrat Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, it announcedWednesday, without revealing the purpose of its probe.

That said, there is, of course, some speculation on the matter, with the most prominent rumor pertaining to the lawmaker's presence at the 2021 Met Gala. At the time, Ocasio-Cortez instantly ruffled feathers with her designer "Tax the Rich" dress, a (somewhat ironic) message upon which Republicans instantly seized. But two ethics complaints later followed, alleging the lawmaker broke the House's Gift Rule by accepting what may have been free tickets to the gala and/or by wearing the designer dress. Further, if Ocasio-Cortez "used campaign funds to pay for this ticket, she has also violated FEC prohibitions on campaign funds being used for entertainment purposes," Thomas Jones, founder of the conservative American Accountability Foundation, added in his complaint.

Disclosure of the probe "does not itself indicate that any violation has occurred or reflect any judgement," the committee said in its announcement, noting the referral came through in June and that it plans to share he findings of its investigation sometime next year.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rumored-reason-why-aoc-facing-181442459.html

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I wouldn’t be surprised to find out that a GOP donor provided funds for her “tax the rich” media op.  It is hard for me to see how any serious progressive with any understanding of political messaging would have gone along with this.  This was a right wing propagandist’s wet dream. 

The GЯP has what they need.

An accusation of ethics violations is enough for the hate engine to go full megaphone with lies and innuendo. They can't beat the dead horse of Hillary Clinton and Benghazi, so here is the replacement. This will be portrated as a far greater threat to our democratic values than Jan. 6.

We'll be lucky if the stochastic murder attempt(s) is(are) unsuccessful.

There is nothing that could happen that would be bad enough to equitably punish the GЯP criminal organization.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

The House Ethics Committee is investigating New York Democrat Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, it announcedWednesday, without revealing the purpose of its probe.

That said, there is, of course, some speculation on the matter, with the most prominent rumor pertaining to the lawmaker's presence at the 2021 Met Gala. At the time, Ocasio-Cortez instantly ruffled feathers with her designer "Tax the Rich" dress, a (somewhat ironic) message upon which Republicans instantly seized. But two ethics complaints later followed, alleging the lawmaker broke the House's Gift Rule by accepting what may have been free tickets to the gala and/or by wearing the designer dress. Further, if Ocasio-Cortez "used campaign funds to pay for this ticket, she has also violated FEC prohibitions on campaign funds being used for entertainment purposes," Thomas Jones, founder of the conservative American Accountability Foundation, added in his complaint.

Disclosure of the probe "does not itself indicate that any violation has occurred or reflect any judgement," the committee said in its announcement, noting the referral came through in June and that it plans to share he findings of its investigation sometime next year.

An ethics watchdog update from the conservative American Accountability Foundation. Those watchdogs must have been apoplectic when Trump refused to share his tax returns and overcharged America for secret service agents’ lodging at his properties while they were there to protect him. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4
  • Rage+1 3

12 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

But two ethics complaints later followed, alleging the lawmaker broke the House's Gift Rule by accepting what may have been free tickets to the gala and/or by wearing the designer dress. Further, if Ocasio-Cortez "used campaign funds to pay for this ticket, she has also violated FEC prohibitions on campaign funds being used for entertainment purposes,"

Wow- what *may* have been free OR or or or she used campaign funds?!!! What blatant hack political bullshit. Maybe have evidence of a violation before launching a Congressional investigation?

I think Republicans are intent on calling conducting actual political witch hunts just so they can cry about real ethics or criminal investigations when they aren’t in the house majority any more 

13 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

I've been wondering about this and not surprised it's something stupid.  

• Like 1

I, of course, agree that any wrongdoing should be investigated just as all non-GOPs generally do.

Her life will be in danger. Recall the plot against the Michigan governor, the insurrectionists hunting Nancy Pelosi, and the hammer wielding psycho that broke into Pelosi's house . I would like for the wicked fuckwads causing the stochastic violence to meet the same kind of end they inspire.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...