Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

7 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Katie Porter though, I will follow her white board all over town and back. I love it when someone pulls out receipts.

Yeah, this is fun, but when you realize it doesn't make a god damn bit of difference to half of the country, it loses its panache pretty quickly.

• Hook 'Em 1

I know. I know. I have the Mark Twain quote memorized but sometimes it's all I have to hold on to. That the idea my parents had that investing in people benefits our society at a greater rate than any other thing we might do in this country. But oh the hate sells it does and that makes for some sleepless nights thinking about all that hate out there.

• Hook 'Em 3

I actually like Newsom more than I expected to when I've heard him in interviews and what not, but I do think the liberal elite Californian thing is going to be hard to shake. He'll just get painted as out of touch coming up in private school, dating a celeb, and because of the French Laundry thing during COVID. And to be fair I can see how that strikes a nerve.
Whitmer, Warnock, and Shapiro stand out to me as the fastest rising stars with the brightest futures because of the states they can mobilize.
You are probably correct, but Vis a vis all the ghoulish behavior of the GOP it's like a paper cut vs missing multiple limbs with open sores. It's crazy to even warrant discussing the difference, but as you pointed out, those missteps will be discussed 24-7

3 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Katie Porter though, I will follow her white board all over town and back. I love it when someone pulls out receipts.

How fun would a Warren/Porter ticket be? Just calling out people's bullshit on the regular 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

On 2/6/2024 at 2:52 PM, Js1 said:

I thought about Jared Polis, but I think Pete is a more polished version of "the gay candidate." 

Living in Colorado, I do like Polis a decent amount. He's progressive to an extent, but pragmatic enough for independents like myself.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1