Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

markstanco

10 minutes ago, elfenix said:

that's hume's argument, at least.  writing in 1752: ‘either the nation must destroy public credit, or public credit will destroy the nation.’  britain's debt to GDP ratio continued to rise over the next 65 years to the highest ever seen (over 200%), and for the next century after that it ran the whole damn world. 

so, yeah, sign me up for that roller coaster.  so long as we can figure out how to keep the entirety of national income increases from accruing to 10,000 individuals, at least.

So we should go out and occupy, Africa, the sub continent, the ME, and the Caribbean ?  Their success was based on military conquest, and control of the high seas trade.

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

So we should go out and occupy, Africa, the sub continent, the ME, and the Caribbean ?  Their success was based on military conquest, and control of the high seas trade.

we should definitely occupy the cayman islands.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, elfenix said:

that's hume's argument, at least.  writing in 1752: ‘either the nation must destroy public credit, or public credit will destroy the nation.’  britain's debt to GDP ratio continued to rise over the next 65 years to the highest ever seen (over 200%), and for the next century after that it ran the whole damn world. 

so, yeah, sign me up for that roller coaster.  so long as we can figure out how to keep the entirety of national income increases from accruing to 10,000 individuals, at least.

Of course that's your contention. You're a first year grad student. You just got finished some Marxian historian, Pete Garrison prob’ly, you’re gonna be convinced of that until next month when you get to James Lemon, then you’re gonna be talkin’ about how the economies of Virginia and Pennsylvania were entrepreneurial and capitalist back in 1740. That's gonna last until next year, you’re gonna be in here regurgitating Gordon Wood, talkin’ about you know, the Pre-revolutionary utopia and the capital-forming effects of military mobilization.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Its amazing that I can hand a piece of paper (letter) to a postal worker along with $.50 and that letter could be in the recipients hands' in Alaska in 3 days.    Try that with a private carrier.  They may want $20.  If a co-worker offered me 50 cents to walk a letter 100 feet to the next dept, I would refuse.

The USPS' hands are tied by the law in that they must maintain routes and delivery and equal costs for most mail even when they are losing a ton of money for that delivery.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Of course that's your contention. You're a first year grad student. You just got finished some Marxian historian, Pete Garrison prob’ly, you’re gonna be convinced of that until next month when you get to James Lemon, then you’re gonna be talkin’ about how the economies of Virginia and Pennsylvania were entrepreneurial and capitalist back in 1740. That's gonna last until next year, you’re gonna be in here regurgitating Gordon Wood, talkin’ about you know, the Pre-revolutionary utopia and the capital-forming effects of military mobilization.

Image result for good will hunting bar scene

7 minutes ago, American Swindle said:

A lot of people also miss that they have a monopoly on mailing letters.....maybe if other competitors were allowed to deliver letters it would be different?  

https://mises.org/wire/how-postal-service-loses-so-much-money

Uh, are you under the impression that the sub 50 cents cost per item delivered by the USPS is somehow high? Do you actually think total cost would be lower? Competitors already exist. They charge a minimum of like $10 to do the same damn thing (FedEx). Again, it is a massively efficient organization that cost us basically nothing. It "losing" money is irrelevant and really only occurs because a backlog of stamps exist. Per item, USPS' costs are less than the cost to mail a single, simple letter. Further, 50 cents for a first class stamp in 2018 is actually less than if you adjusted 34 cents in 1999 for inflation (53 cents or so).  

27 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I hated all those slimy fucks and I was a R.

Funny the more I make, the more R fiscal policy scares me.  I always figured it would be the opposite.  

What is your deal?  Every thread you're on you talk about how much money you make. We get it Sooner, congrats.  

Just now, babysdaddy said:

What is your deal?  Every thread you're on you talk about how much money you make. We get it Sooner, congrats.  

I'm 99% sure that's only in the Politics forum as in politics today...in real life, most assume you're a hardcore R when you're successful.  Yes, in real life it is something I'm sensitive too but that's just where we are at with politics today.  I guess it spills into this forum...what a shock.

And I hate many a Trumpster's views in our social circles.  I've never gotten into details on how much I make.  Just that I do 'well'.  Is that an issue?  I promise if we got into the how much I make/have made it WOULD seem over the top and belligerent.  I won't do that.  

And tit for tat, I see 'you're a Sooner' mentioned constantly in bullshit that has nothing to do with sports/where you matriculated.  It doesn't bother me a bit but just funny you mention one thing while dropping the other in the same post.  Sooners need to mention they don't live in a fucking trailer and smash their sister every opportunity they get.   

So, Mea Culpa. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Hanrahan said:

I would have sexual relations with this chick, head full of dummy or not.

So would I. I DVRed the 60 Minutes interview. Need to make sure I don’t whip it out and cum on my nice couch while watching her. The red lipstick she wears is mesmerizing and I fantasize about her lips around my.......

5 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

So would I. I DVRed the 60 Minutes interview. Need to make sure I don’t whip it out and cum on my nice couch while watching her. The red lipstick she wears is mesmerizing and I fantasize about her lips around my.......

That's a little fucked up and makes you sound rapey.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I -feel-the same way, but we can afford to exit a kid from college in a way that makes the degree cost effective. Almost by definition that’s not middle class. If you can afford a home, reliable transportation, healthcare, college and vacation while putting something away for retirement you aren’t middle class in this country anymore.

And that’s the core issue in our politics: the destruction of the middle class and the end of the American dream.

Agree 100%.  

4 hours ago, Celery Man said:

obviously I'm not talking about you specifically because I don't know what you post or what all of your opinions are.  But if we're on the topic, why are you in a panic on this specifically now in this thread?

There is no panic, my comments started as an issue with the comment she made saying we’re going to pay for it like we always do. Everything since then has been a discussion with specific points that people have made. I’m glad to see asking questions about funding is a panic rather than just political discussion. I’m also glad to see both sides of the aisle responding equally by any question being an attack rather than a discussion. 

4 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

She never said the funding for her ideas would come from added taxes.  I don't know what her expectations are -- I would hope her position is that everything she advocates would be funded by budget cuts in defense, etc. -- but this collective freakout over a high-level comment with no teeth is hilarious, especially in light of the utter butt-fucking the right has given us for quite a while now.

That response was in direct response to what I quoted and numerous posts on the page, not her comments directly.

Sometimes I wonder if people actually read what is written or just look for an argument or a way to pigeon hole everyone. Then I remember I’m in the cloak room.

30 minutes ago, Brew said:

That response was in direct response to what I quoted and numerous posts on the page, not her comments directly.

Sometimes I wonder if people actually read what is written or just look for an argument or a way to pigeon hole everyone. Then I remember I’m in the cloak room.

It's a thread about AOC, her pet politicies, and now how to fund them.  Pardon the fuck out of me if I think it might be possible that SHE (the subject of the thread) might be thinking we'd need to cut in one area to fund another program, and pardon the fuck out of me for not conforming to your pet rules for thread posting.

No amount of tits will change the fact that if even one of her major proposals were enacted, the federal government would almost instantly go bankrupt and the American people would be dramatically impoverished. Try and imagine what $3 trillion in taxes would look like or where your 401(k) goes under that regime.

Imagine the inevitable nightmare when, just like every other tax increase, actual receipts are a fraction of projections and then they have to raise trillions more a year later or face instant bankruptcy.

But they can save money by just cutting Medicare reimbursement. I mean, what's the harm? Who really cares if people get care, it's that we DO CARE AND WE PROVED IT.

But, I mean, who is gonna complain about not having jobs if you can't drive your car to work. Damn those carbon emissions. Gotta subsidize electric cards for the rich, that's the ticket. 

But please, more tits and Twitter soup making or whatever. I'm sure it's not just failed 1950's ideas dressed up in new packaging. It really will work this time.

Edited by Thetexashammer
  • Haha 1

We have a young, green, and enthusiastic Congresswoman who was bartending a year ago. It's understandable that she's rough around the edges and will make mistakes as she grows into her job.  By becoming a sensation almost overnight, the spotlight is shining bright and Republicans are ready to pounce.

Then we have trash shitholes like Hannity, seasoned veterans of political media, who just blatantly lie and come up with disingenuous talking points to attack her.  And 40% of the electorate eat up this bullshit.

People have lost their goddamned minds.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

We have a young, green, and enthusiastic Congresswoman who was bartending a year ago. It's understandable that she's rough around the edges and will make mistakes as she grows into her job.  By becoming a sensation almost overnight, the spotlight is shining bright and Republicans are ready to pounce.

Then we have trash shitholes like Hannity, seasoned veterans of political media, who just blatantly lie and come up with disingenuous talking points to attack her.  And 40% of the electorate eat up this bullshit.

People have lost their goddamned minds.

I love that this is what the right fears.  Green New Deal, universal health care, and government funded trade schools.  Sounds like hell on earth.

5 hours ago, American Swindle said:

A lot of people also miss that they have a monopoly on mailing letters.....maybe if other competitors were allowed to deliver letters it would be different?  

https://mises.org/wire/how-postal-service-loses-so-much-money

What the fuck? Is this that Smokey conspiracy nut's new handle?

15 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Answer honestly. Did you read the linked article?

Yes, it was a stupid article. Or at least that part of it was. Out of control costs by apparently matching inflation. Oh the humanity. 

Edited by Dahobbs

5 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

The hell you have.  Get ready.

Aren't you the one on the old site who linked mental illness with being out of sync with God?  

I offered first person testimony on what it's like to be severely depressed and suicidal, which you deliberately chose to misinterpret because you're a bigot. Yes that was me. 

Do you know what thread you are in? Do you really consider you comment appropriate? Could you please explain what I should get ready for?

Edited by Thetexashammer

2 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

No amount of tits will change the fact that if even one of her major proposals were enacted, the federal government would almost instantly go bankrupt and the American people would be dramatically impoverished.

Lulz.  You're insane.

2 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

No amount of tits will change the fact that if even one of her major proposals were enacted, the federal government would almost instantly go bankrupt and the American people would be dramatically impoverished. Try and imagine what $3 trillion in taxes would look like or where your 401(k) goes under that regime.

This is a silly statement.

On the subject of the deficit.

Do I remember when Clinton didn't really run a deficit because he used the "social security surplus" to pretend he was in balance? I member.

Do I remember when the CBO, bless their heart, projected that by 2018 we would completely extinguish the public debt? I member.

Do I remember Dick Cheney said "deficits don't matter"? Oh, I fucking member.

Do I remember when spending ballooned under Bush? Fuck yes, I member.

Do I remember when deficits hit $2 trillion, or 12% of GDP? Yeah I remember, but at least it was a recession.

Do I remember that difference between debt held by the public, and debt held by the trust funds? Yes I member.

Do I remember when the Medicare trustees said they were going to go bankrupt in six year? I member.

Do I remember when the 2019 deficit was projected at $1.1 trillion? You bet your ass I member.

Do I remember that our next recession deficit will exceed $2 trillion dollars? I member that too.

I don't discuss these issues here, for the most part, because of the loons who think that you can print money ad infinitum. The technical term for this is Modern Monetary Theory, of which Ocasio Cortez is a supporter, it's the dominant belief of lying politicians and media sycophants which is entirely natural because it's lunacy masquerading as economic theory. Shit at least the Austrian school is taken seriously.

Ocasio Cortez wants to raise taxes by $3 trillion a year. And she's serious. Most people don't even know what that means it's so big. It's almost doubling tax receipts. It means permanent impoverishment. It speaks to the collective lunacy of the media and political establishment.

Please carry on with your worship of tits and failed ideas that have killed hundreds of millions. I'm just a witness to all of this and I'd find it very entertaining if it weren't so sad and stupid.

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

But it’s amusing to watch.

Jacking up our military budget to the stratosphere? All good. Tax cut that pushes the deficit to record levels? Cool beans.

Green energy initiative? INSTANT BANKRUPTCY! I DECLARE BAKRUPTCY!!!!

$3 trillion in taxes. And I'm insane? Are you serious?

Edited by Thetexashammer

4 minutes ago, elfenix said:

the federal government can only go bankrupt if it is run by absolute morons.

oh shit

So then, it would surprise you to learn that we have defaulted on the debt in the past?

And since you brought it up, who do you think is in charge? Have you not been paying attention?

Edited by Thetexashammer

42 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

I offered first person testimony on what it's like to be severely depressed and suicidal, which you deliberately chose to misinterpret because you're a bigot. Yes that was me. 

Do you know what thread you are in? Do you really consider you comment appropriate? Could you please explain what I should get ready for?

If you're arguing economics with Bozo, you should get ready to be wrong,

If you color anything mental illness with religion, that colors everything else you say.  Sorry.

4 minutes ago, Thetexashammer said:

So then, it would surprise you to learn that we have defaulted on the debt in the past?

And since you brought it up, who do you think is in charge? Have you not been paying attention?

maybe you missed the "oh shit" part

3 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

Imagine the inevitable nightmare when, just like every other tax increase, actual receipts are a fraction of projections and then they have to raise trillions more a year later or face instant bankruptcy.

But they can save money by just cutting Medicare reimbursement. I mean, what's the harm? Who really cares if people get care, it's that we DO CARE AND WE PROVED IT.

But, I mean, who is gonna complain about not having jobs if you can't drive your car to work. Damn those carbon emissions. Gotta subsidize electric cards for the rich, that's the ticket. 

But please, more tits and Twitter soup making or whatever. I'm sure it's not just failed 1950's ideas dressed up in new packaging. It really will work this time.

You started a post with "no amount of tits.." blah blah blah

Do you have any idea why women get offended by conservatives?

You are a fucking ass.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

• hayden_horn changed the title to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez