Rand Paul was always a Piece of Shit

Hugo Stiglitz

31 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

“We should be debating and voting on authorization of force bills if we want troops deployed in Syria, not meaningless resolutions.”

”Russia! Burn him!”

Are you actually trying to defend Rand here? Or just being the usual contrarian?

Could somebody tell me what our strategic interest in Syria is?

It's a rhetorical question. Obviously, we don't have one. We're just mucking around, screwing shit up like we always do in the middle east. I always wonder, when we do this bullshit, what does victory look like?

Rand Paul is a libertarian, who believes in the nonaggression principle. AKA first do no harm. Why anyone who would single him out for abuse is beyond me. 

Edited by Thetexashammer

I agree with Rand's position that military force should be debated and authorized by an appropriate AUMF. Rand will apparently also offer a counter proposal that, rather they just serve as a vehicle of political rhetoric, restricts arms sales to Turkey.  Do you disagree with those positions, or are you just knee jerk looking to frame a US Senator as an agent of Russia because they object to a unanimous consent motion?  

Edited by Anastasis

Rand Paul is more than likely sincere in his actions with regards to foreign policy. He has been consistently calling for withdrawal from Syria for a really long time. Actually, he has been consistent about the call to withdraw troops from the Middle East for years. The only problem is he has aligned with Trump who is a bad faith actor and has turned Rand into a useful idiot.

Justin Amash who holds similar views as Rand but addresses the shitty manner in which Trump has handled Syria and calls out the obvious, Trump is acting in bad faith, is how Rand should be addressing the situation.

In short, Rand is sincere but he sucks ass and isn't worthy of being mentioned in the same sentence as Justin Amash. Rand is likely concerned about clinging to his Senate seat in KY and refrains from calling a spade a spade. Fuck him.

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

I agree with Rand's position that military force should be debated and authorized by an appropriate AUMF. Rand will apparently also offer a counter proposal that, rather they just serve as a vehicle of political rhetoric, restricts arms sales to Turkey.  Do you disagree with those positions, or are you just knee jerk looking to frame a US Senator as an agent of Russia because they object to a unanimous consent motion?  

What kind of luncatic genuinely thinks Rand is a russian agent?

6 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I am knee jerking to frame a US senator.

Actually no, I disagree with his position.

No wait, I agree with his position but I’m not looking to frame him, or yes I agree but am also framing.

No wait, damn, are there any other options I can choose? Because you’ve kind of got me in a box here fella with your winning arguments, dagnabit.

And you’ve got to be one naive motherfucker to not think that some good old Russian money hasn’t wound up in good neighbor Rands principled little pocket. Can’t wait to hear his serious proposal on Syria and Turkey now. Maybe he will want NATO broken up?

https://forwardky.com/senate-affirms-supports-of-nato-rand-paul-votes-no/

41 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Rand is a traitor.  There’s no ideology to explain his consistent words and actions that echo exactly what our enemies are saying and doing. He's not a useful idiot either.  He knows exactly what he’s doing.

Uh oh. The hammer and anastasis  are firing up their keyboards to argue you are now advocating for “endless wars.”

Because if you’re against trump and his idiocy you’re in favor of “endless war.” There is no other choice. 

45 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Because if you’re against trump and his idiocy you’re in favor of “endless war.” There is no other choice. 

It is more important to you to jerk off to a rhetorical house resolution because it postures against an action of the Trump administration than it is to debate and vote on a legit authorization bill for military force to defend the Kurds, or as Paul suggests, to consider an alternative bill that would include something actually real like restrictions on arms sales to the Turks so that they cannot use US made weapons against the Kurds. I mean traitors gonna traitor and all.   

4 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Rand is a traitor.  There’s no ideology to explain his consistent words and actions that echo exactly what our enemies are saying and doing. He's not a useful idiot either.  He knows exactly what he’s doing.

Yes there is an ideology that explains his words and actions. He talks about it more than Bozo talks about the Naked burger. Being unfamiliar with his views on foreign policy at this point is willful ignorance.

A useful idiot is someone that promotes ideas based on personal convictions that echo what the enemy is saying, that's what makes them a "useful" idiot.

3 hours ago, Anastasis said:

It is more important to you to jerk off to a rhetorical house resolution because it postures against an action of the Trump administration than it is to debate and vote on a legit authorization bill for military force to defend the Kurds, or as Paul suggests, to consider an alternative bill that would include something actually real like restrictions on arms sales to the Turks so that they cannot use US made weapons against the Kurds. I mean traitors gonna traitor and all.   

You really are defending Rand up in here aren’t you? That’s all kind of fucked up. 

The man is not an ideologue nor operating based on principles. Just because his dad was a principled ideologue loon (who I kind of liked and often agreed with) doesn’t mean that his son is too. 

Your first clue should be his unabashed support of just about everything trump does to weaken and destroy this country. Like I don’t know, for example, what trump’s doing right now in Syria with rands total support. Are you supporting trumps actions in Syria now? 

I guess you, trump, the hammer, and good neighbor Rand are all on the same page now. You should start a “Rand Paul is an American hero” thread to counter this one. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I know that it is a more challenging charge, but you guys should try arguing against the things that I actually say, instead of the straw man of your own creation.

Sorry, but that would be an absolutely pointless endeavor. I’ll just stick with posting the way I feel like. If that’s ok with you? Thx! 

4 hours ago, F250 said:

Yes there is an ideology that explains his words and actions. He talks about it more than Bozo talks about the Naked burger. Being unfamiliar with his views on foreign policy at this point is willful ignorance.

A useful idiot is someone that promotes ideas based on personal convictions that echo what the enemy is saying, that's what makes them a "useful" idiot.

Except Rand has not been consistent at all on foreign policy.  He flip flopped on Ukraine when he ran for president and don’t even get me started on his partisan positions when it comes to protecting whistleblowers.  He a fucking fraud that hides behind that non-interventionist libertarian bullshit as he flys to Moscow to work on undoing the Magnitsky Act. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Except Rand has not been consistent at all on foreign policy.  He flip flopped on Ukraine when he ran for president and don’t even get me started on his partisan positions when it comes to protecting whistleblowers.  He a fucking fraud that hides behind that non-interventionist libertarian bullshit as he flys to Moscow to work on undoing the Magnitsky Act. 

It’s too bad Ron was so pro-life. While I respected his principled stance on the matter, look what we wound up with as a result.

Edited by JimmyJames

6 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

He claims to be a noninterventionist not an isolationist, he addressed this when he ran for President. Yes, he is partisan as I mentioned up thread, he is a Republican Senator from MAGA country and he toes the line for the GOP in order to remain in office. Being a partisan out of self interest doesn't mean someone is a Russian asset.

22 minutes ago, F250 said:

He claims to be a noninterventionist not an isolationist, he addressed this when he ran for President. Yes, he is partisan as I mentioned up thread, he is a Republican Senator from MAGA country and he toes the line for the GOP in order to remain in office. Being a partisan out of self interest doesn't mean someone is a Russian asset.

Money, get away
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
Money, it's a gas
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
New car, caviar, four star daydream
Think I'll buy me a football team
Money, get back
I'm all right Jack keep your hands off of my stack
Money, it's a hit
Don't give me that do goody good bullshit
I'm in the high-fidelity first class traveling set
And I think I need a Lear jet