Rand Paul was always a Piece of Shit

Hugo Stiglitz

35 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Has Paul ever asked his constituents what they want? Nvr mind, who am I kidding?

Wait, you mean you want to have the people of this country engage in the decision, through their representatives in Congress, to take military action in Syria?  How would this actually work?

Maybe one way it could work is if the "deliberative" body in Congress actually took up and debated an authorization for the use of force.  Exactly the debate that Paul is trying to force. No, no, no.  The better way to ensure that the American electorate is represented in the debate is to abdicate their Congressional responsibility and cede the decision to the executive branch. 

• Like 1

Yeah, disagree with Rand's take.  The Ukraine thing is impeachable and should result in removal from office.  He would be losing his shit if a Democrat did that. Stick to attacking arms sales and war mongering Rand. At least demonstrate that you are getting something meaningful out of the political kowtow. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

Yeah, disagree with Rand's take.  The Ukraine thing is impeachable and should result in removal from office.  He would be losing his shit if a Democrat did that. Stick to attacking arms sales and war mongering Rand. At least demonstrate that you are getting something meaningful out of the political kowtow. 

Psssst....what Rand has demonstrated is that he actually ISN'T principled.  At all.  That's kinda the point here.  He's just another partisan politician, devoted only to the path he thinks best secures him a long-term grip on power.

I know you think that THIS time, the stripper is sincere, and really, really loves you....but she's just in it for the $20 table dances like the rest of em

• Like 1

Rand striking the exact same corrupt note as Pompeo last week defending Trump's bribery of Ukraine:

“Nations work together and they say ‘Boy, goodness gracious, if you can help me with ‘X,’ we’ll help you achieve ‘Y.’ This is what partnerships do.”

---> That's an excellent description of both international diplomacy and organized crime, depending upon the "X."

In this case eXtortion.

13 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Psssst....what Rand has demonstrated is that he actually ISN'T principled.  At all.  That's kinda the point here.  He's just another partisan politician, devoted only to the path he thinks best secures him a long-term grip on power.

I know you think that THIS time, the stripper is sincere, and really, really loves you....but she's just in it for the $20 table dances like the rest of em

I've got the normalest boner.

Takes a page out of Chapter One of the Paul Family Playbook.  Vote for a budget with a massive deficit, later propose spending bills you know will fail, then claim moral superiority:

https://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/467817-senate-rejects-paul-effort-to-cut-spending

The Senate on Monday rejected an effort by Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) to place an across-the-board spending cut in a domestic funding package being debated by lawmakers. 

Senators voted 24-67 on the amendment from Paul, which would reduce spending by 2 percent compared to fiscal 2019 levels. 
he amendment, had Paul been successful, would have been added to a spending package that includes commerce, science and justice; transportation and housing and urban development; agriculture; and interior. 

Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.), the top Democrat on the Senate Appropriations Committee, urged senators to oppose Paul's amendment. 

"His amendment will slash spending below the bipartisan budget act that we all negotiated," Leahy said from the Senate floor ahead of the vote. 
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Takes a page out of Chapter One of the Paul Family Playbook.  Vote for a budget with a massive deficit, later propose spending bills you know will fail, then claim moral superiority:

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=116&session=1&vote=00262

tenor.gif

9 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Paging @Anastasis to the red courtesy phone. Anastasis to the red courtesy phone.

I am not going to defend calling out for the name to be published. That’s stupid. I do however think that the whistleblower should step forward and voluntarily testify to Congress. I also still think, like I posted 10 or so pages back, that aligning with trunp only served short term politic interests at the expense of the longer terms political consequence. I think rands gonna have to deal with that. 

Edited by Anastasis

I am not going to defend calling out for the name to be published. That’s stupid. I do however think that the whistleblower should step forward and voluntarily testify to Congress. I also still think, like I posted 10 or so pages back, that aligning with trunp only served short term politic interests at the expense of the longer terms political consequence. I think rands gonna have to deal with that. 

Dude. Stop. Rand is completely indefensible now. Not “gonna have to deal with that.” He HAS. NO. PRINCIPLES.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

any idea that rand paul was a man of principle is now completly shattered. anyone left supporting this man is a simple partisan like he is.

libertarian my ass.

Libertarians in general always end up falling in line with Republicans.  Rand is no different.  Self proclaimed libertarians on this board and back on Shaggy were consistently outspoken and critical of Obama and Hillary yet tend to be silent or find some kind of defense when it comes to holding Trump and the GOP to the same standards.

At the end of the day, Libertarians are just Republicans who smoke weed and like to name their kids after crappy authors.  

Edited by Tom
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Tom said:

Libertarians in general always end up falling in line with Republicans.  Rand is no different.  Self proclaimed libertarians on this board and back on Shaggy were consistently outspoken and critical of Obama and Hillary yet tend to be silent or find some kind of defense when it comes to holding Trump and the GOP to the same standards.

At the end of the day, Libertarians are just Republicans who smoke weed and like to name their kids after crappy authors.  

This is true.  A true libertarian would put individual liberty above virtually all else.  Not the modern day version.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

This is true.  A true libertarian would put individual liberty above virtually all else.  Not the modern day version.

A lot of self-proclaimed libertarians in 2010 are now part of the alt-right. They weren't opposed to rules for others, they just wanted there to be no rules for them.

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I think most would put non aggression above virtually all else, including individual liberty. When individual liberty conflicts with non aggression, NA typically overrides. 

3 hours ago, Tom said:

Yeah, uh, you've got that a bit wrong in a few spots amigo.

33 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I think most would put non aggression above virtually all else, including individual liberty. When individual liberty conflicts with non aggression, NA typically overrides. 

Where does supporting an authoritarian executive with absolute and unquestionable power fit into the whole "libertarian" thing?

Just stop.  Rand had a persona that he tried to sell -- "I'm a principled limited government libertarian."  Turns out, that product wasn't what the market wants.  What the GOP market wants is "MAGA!  Support Trump in all things or die!"  So, he started selling THAT persona.  Which means that all such personas are fucking fake -- he's just another whore selling a persona for one interest, and one interest only: keeping his position of power.  A person who cares only about holding onto power is not a public servant - he's a tyrant.

He's not a libertarian.  He's a tyrant.  So, like, the OPPOSITE of a libertarian.

Never defend him again.  It just makes you both look ridiculous.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tom said:

I used to call myself a Libertarian.  I spent most of my time back then talking shit about Bush II.  The problem is, I saw that most people who called themselves Libertarian were either fucking crazy or they were Republicans but didn't want to admit it.  So I quit calling myself that.  I guess my party now is the Never Vote Republican party...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Anastasis said:

I would say "non agression" is the wrong term. From what I can tell, the more accurate description of a coherent and consistent foreign policy stance (trade and defense) among Libertarians appears to be "isolationism."